Allstate Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 29 Jul 2020

3.5
Allstate Chairman and Chief Executive Officer  Thomas J. Wilson II
Thomas J. Wilson II
2,179 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great home office to work at for a company that really wants to push for work/life balance(in 551 reviews)

• "Ample vacation time and good benefits(in 222 reviews)

Cons
  • "large workload which is cause poor work/life balance, everything is customer service based but sometimes policies seem to be counter productive to this(in 142 reviews)

• "No benefits and no paid vacation except main federal holidays(in 105 reviews)

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Northbrook, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employees; good benefits and pay; growth opportunities

Cons

Heavy work load; can be stressful at times

2. "Good company, not great work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Elkridge, MD

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros

good benefits, good company culture, not bad entry level salary, always room for growth

Cons

3. "Good Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Continuous Improvement Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Benefits Work Life Balance Responsive Immediate Manager

Cons

Competitive Salary Career Advancement Limited with Some Roles

"Laid off while on maternity leave"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Designer

I worked at Allstate full-time

Pros

Good benefits and 401k plan

Cons

I worked with the old boys club. Made fun of me while pregnant "that's a nice tent, oops I mean dress"

Continue reading
  5. "Enjoyable Work Enviroment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good product, reputable company, awesome co-workers, good benefits

Cons

Billing and company customer service support

6. COVID-19

"Get Out"

1.0
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Do you love brown nosing? Well great, Allstate is the place for you. We love people who think like us, our favorite slogan is “focus on the positive.” All those good benefits of working for Allstate listed on our website are all lies, but focus on the positive, you have a job.

Cons

Run, run far. Allstate, at least in Atlanta is not the place to work. I have never in my life seen anything as scary as working for Allstate. They have literally brainwashed employees into thinking it is ok to take on more responsibility for no additional pay. They like to try before you buy, for at least 3-6 months, prior to discussing your pay. SMH. Also, they are asking wayyyyy too much from you for the little pay they give out any way. They make you salaried so that you can log in on weekends, evenings, you name it. Not to mention, they will book your schedule up with pointless meetings and then drop a bunch of claims on your desk so that you have to work out after hours just to keep up. Allstate pushes nothing but lies to get you in the door, it’s a different story when you get inside. There is no 37 hour work week, no flexible schedule, no working from home at least not at this location. Do not be fooled about the work from home, yes for COVID 19 we were, but in one of the pointless meetings we had we were advised that we will be going back to office. Because they just love to micromanage, which is funny because most of the upper management haven’t touched a claim in over 10 years.

Continue reading
  7. "You can be content, but not many opportunities for movement"

Casualty Claims Adjuster in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Allstate

Pros

Good PTO Good benefits- 401k match and pension Decent hours Stable corporate job Can maintain work life balance Work from home flexibility Supportive teammates

Cons

Claims isn’t for everyone. There also isn’t much flexibility within Allstate to transfer to a different department, which is the main reason I am starting to look for a new job. If you feel content just having good work life balance and decent hours, then this role would be good for you. You won’t feel any “fulfillment” doing this role. It’s a very high stress/ fast paced job and at times it feels your compensation does not match what you put up with. Other insurance companies do pay more than Allstate does. Also, you need to stay with Allstate to keep the pension and 401k match benefits so really make sure you can stay for 3 years before taking the role. Regarding the process- as an adjuster there is a lot of bureaucracy and red tape. You aren’t given much autonomy and freedom as management is constantly breathing down your neck to meet certain metrics.

8. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Commercial Underwriter in Diamond Bar, CA

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Benefits, had a work from gone option

Cons

Moved to AZ, NC to save cost and laid off people that were more qualified to hire new employees in AZ.

"Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Billing Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great home office to work at for a company that really wants to push for work/life balance. Ample vacation time and good benefits

Cons

Can't think of any cons from my time at Allstate

"Overall good company"

Former Employee - Claims Service Leader in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits including retirement pension and 401k match (up to 5%) along with the usual medical, dental, etc.

Cons

Moving so quickly that they are not making changes transparently and lowering the morale of their employees

Found 222 reviews