Allied Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Allied Healthcare Reviews

Updated 2 Dec 2019

2.3
Allied Healthcare Director Luca Warnke  (no image)
Luca Warnke
  1. "Great oppertunities over 11 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England

I have been working at Allied Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for the company for over 11 years and after a number of promotions I have moved from a branch position into a management position that I love at head office. I work in a great function with some incredibly talented people. Management have always been very supportive and we have a culture of promoting from within which is great.

Cons

The care industry faces a lot of challenges which can make things difficult at times. The company has been through a lot of change over the years but is now very stable and is facing these challenges head on. There has been some brilliant progress in recent times with some fantastic things released, and with some even more exciting things ready to be launched in 2018. I think these will make a real difference and I can really see the company moving in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing......I think it is a great place to work and I can only see improvements in the future.

Allied Healthcare2018-02-08
  2. "Ok job, great people"

I worked at Allied Healthcare part-time

Pros

Not a bad place to work - hard work but every day is different so time passes really quick

Cons

None really, can become a bit stagnant

Allied Healthcare2018-02-07
  3. "The cracks were beginning to show"

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good team but poor senior management

Cons

Sale after sale destroyed the business

Advice to Management

Look after your workforce

Allied Healthcare2018-02-05
  4. "Healthcare assistant"

Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Ebbw Vale, Wales

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfair pay, long hours for peanuts, no life working for allied

Cons

Management don't care about staff or clients work you like a dog

Advice to Management

To be refreshed and get compassionate people in who care about there clients and clients they talk about dignity in training but they have no dignity to show. I now work for a company with double the wages they pay there hard working carers and this should be provided in Allied as I do the same hours for new company with decent wages and am shown respect. Even if Allied did pay good rates they need to get rid of management and restart good people. How they run a company of this size and I have gone through the reviews and all ex staff can't rate them with stars due to as they don't deserve ratings. Head office she take stock of there branches and look into the amount of carers that leave there branches around the country and read reviews and make choices about the management that are running the branches if this was looked into and decent staff employed there reviews may go up. I have not worked for Allied since early last year and it's been the best decision I have made in working for a care agency carers clients don't even bother as all you will get is dissapointment take care allX

Allied Healthcare2018-03-10

"Good friendly office, useless manangement"

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, friendly atmosphere, dedicated and caring staff

Cons

No progression, lack of strategy, poor collaboration

Allied Healthcare2018-02-12
  6. "Tough industry"

I have been working at Allied Healthcare full-time

Pros

People who work in the field and branches

Cons

Difficult industry to work in

Allied Healthcare2018-01-17

"Expect to work for free"

Current Employee - Care Assistant

I have been working at Allied Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't believe there are any

Cons

-Arent given certificates for training - Not paid and if you are you arent paid correctly - Very hard to get back the money your owed ( still havent ) - Their job adverts a not true , you will not be paid that much and you will not be offered guaranteed hours or mileage. - Payroll staff dont want to deal with your pay problems and blow you off

Advice to Management

Dont makes your adverts misleading , Pay your staff for the hours they have worked and for their petrol or provide company cars with petrol already in them. It would also be nice if my training was transferable , i have no evidence of any of my training and when i leave i would have to start all over again.

Allied Healthcare2018-02-08

"Defeated"

Current Employee - Home Carer in London, England

I have been working at Allied Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

The clients are amazing, the carers are saints

Cons

Wages, training, Working conditions, travelling so many miles, No travel time allocated at all between clients, misleading and false advertising with hourly rate, Sending out untrained or incompetent staff- there will be a serious accident one day!

Advice to Management

Stop misleading prospective employees with false advertising of hourly pay rate for starters. Also, the training is way below par and I found myself (alone) in some very unprofessional situations (sometimes late at night) where I was expected to carry out tasks that I had not received any training for, such as changing catheters. I was expected to drive over 30 miles for a half hour shift because there were simply no staff to cover and after viewing this site, it seems this is common practice. Word of advice, pay your staff properly and stop treating them like robots (we all have human needs, such as lunch breaks and a little respect) and you may infact find yourselves able to actually retain staff. There were people leaving constantly and the office staff always putting pressure on the remaining staff to cover the extra shifts, it is totally relentless. The office staff must have it bad as well because they always seem so desperate and in complete despair on the phones. Calling and texting your staff at 11pm at night is also not a good idea, we do have lives outside of work! I lay the blame on the management at head office (and above) they only care about profit and certainly not the customers or staff at ground level. Taking on more and more clients without any staff to cover is a recipe for disaster, especially in this industry where lives are at stake. To sum it up - I have never worked for such a terrible company in my life, it has put me off ever working in this sector again. It's a shame because I loved working with clients, they are all amazing, as are their families.

Allied Healthcare2018-01-23

"Disgusting treatment from higher management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Allied Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved my branch colleagues

Cons

Disgusting treatment from a HR department who have MO respect for employees. They have no people skills whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Get a grip you have lost the best managers with years of experience with a company who doesn't appreciate what they had. Get rid of the care delivery directors who have dragged the margins down and the hours. Wake up and look closely at what's going on.

Allied Healthcare2017-12-12

"care assistant"

Current Employee - Care Assistant in Carmarthen, Wales

I have been working at Allied Healthcare full-time

Pros

Apart from the clients there are no pros at all

Cons

constantly changing rotas even with half hour notice. forgetting about clients. no help at all from the office when something goes wrong. starting work at 06:30 am and finishing 22:20 lucky if you get an hour break all day. no support on going to a new client just told to read the book. pay is always wrong traveling time messed up and mileage never matches up. office is always contacting you on days off. being told you have to work more and more shifts. putting 2 runs a night on you. never come across office staff that are so rude unhelpful and so incompetent of their jobs. no care at all for service users or staff complete shambles just treated like slaves

Advice to Management

sort yourself out and give clients and staff the respect they deserve

Allied Healthcare2017-11-30