Allegiant Travel Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Allegiant Travel Reviews

Updated 21 Jan 2020

4.4
Allegiant Travel Chairman, President, and CEO Maury Gallagher Jr.
Maury Gallagher Jr.
Pros
  • "The flight benefits are incredible(in 52 reviews)

• "Only turns so we are home every night unless something unforeseen such as weather or mechanical issue occurs(in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is not your traditional airline and the schedules are not made for commuters(in 53 reviews)

• "As Flight Attendants, we are expected to pick up trash and cross seatbelts during quick turns(in 31 reviews)

1. "Great Perks..Great Pay..Home Everyday!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for multiple airlines and Allegiant hands down is the Best! They continue to have positive growth and improvements in all aspects of of our company. And it is "our" company, where I feel appreciated and valued as an employee. I personally utilize the flight benefits frequently combined with flexible schedule to enjoy many of our destinations. Excellent medical/401/stock options/bonuses..and home every night!

Cons

As typical with all airlines there are those days with weather and mechanicals and delays. When it comes to Allegiant I only have Cudos no Cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! One only has to come from failed/furloughed airlines to recognize what you have accomplished with Allegiant!

Allegiant Travel2020-01-21

"Home every day."

Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company for over ten years. I’m a Captain, line holder. I get to go home every day. My last unscheduled overnight was over four years ago. Great crews to work with. A lot a potential for growth. Good equipment since the Airbus transition.

Cons

We are not competitive with our current contract. DO NOT come to Allegiant if you are planning to commute. This is not your traditional airline and the schedules are not made for commuters.

"I Love Allegiant!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked to another airline, previously, and you can't beat being home each night with Allegiant. I am doing a job I love, with includes travel, with normal schedule. Allegiant values it employees and treats them like family. I'm so grateful to be a part of this company.

Cons

There are a few aspects of the union contract which could fit better with what other airlines offer.

Advice to Management

Be open to negotiating a better contract when the time comes. You've got an awesome group of professionals working here. Don't lose them.

Allegiant Travel2020-01-11
  4. "Amazing Airline to Work for"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Benefits, including health, and travel. The company actually listens to your concerns and doesn’t say we will get back to you. I’ve made friends for life. Come home every night.

Cons

Because I don’t have really anything negative to say, I do wish I could get some more time in the cities we land. But that’s really much it.

Allegiant Travel2020-01-10
  5. "I love working at Allegiant!"

Current Employee - Cross Utilized Charter Representative in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Allegiant Travel part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Over the years I have watched numerous individuals advance through the ranks into upper management. There is great potential for advancement at Alley.

Cons

Allegiant is not the highest paying place to work, although there is opportunity to advance.

Advice to Management

Continue to give current employees opportunity to advance.

Allegiant Travel2020-01-09
  6. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Management in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great innovation, strong sense of purpose. Excellent place to grow and succeed. Leadership is always working hard to improve the workplace

Cons

Lots of pressure to deliver. Must learn to balance work and personal life.

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts of the past year. Not everyone likes change but it’s the right thing to do

Allegiant Travel2020-01-08
  7. "Promising future"

Current Employee - First Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Allegiant has great growth potential. Since I’ve been with company for 15 years I seen a lot of good changes. I been here since the good days and bad. It’s great company with a promising future. I can’t wait to see what the next 10 years will look like. Some of the best things I like about Allegiant is the day trips, fellow crew members, and the feeling of a family environment.

Cons

We have a young pilot group so we tend to have less retirements then other airlines. Moving up in seniority could take long. We are always last when it comes to modern technology.

Advice to Management

Be honest about expectations for new applicants.

Allegiant Travel2020-01-08
  8. "Amazing Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Fort Thomas, KY

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Allegiamt is a growing successful company with a very progressive business plan. It is a company that cares about me as an individual as well as the Importance of community. We have the best management with the Most successful airline and business experience in the industry! There’s always opportunities from within the company.

Cons

I would like to see paid holidays.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you’re doing. However if there are any in management that don’t fit the companies model please move them to another department that’s a better fit.

Allegiant Travel2020-01-15
  9. "Its the best job in aviation, but..."

Current Employee - Captain
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have enough seniority to do turns and be home most every night.

Cons

Overall the schedules absolutely suck, especially as a junior crew member. The training is non-existent and your job always feels like its on the line every time you walk into "training." Policies and procedures change with the wind, and are often hidden in manuals 5000+ pages long.

Advice to Management

We're not different, we're an airline! We have none of the benefits, but all the negatives of our fellow professionals.

"Flight Attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Allegiant Travel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Coming home every night allows me to balance (family)home life and career. So many positive things to list them all!

Cons

I can honestly say I have no complaints.

Allegiant Travel2019-12-26