Airgas Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Airgas Reviews

Updated 5 Dec 2019

3.8
Airgas CEO Pascal Vinet (no image)
Pascal Vinet
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, work /life balance(in 74 reviews)

• "Room for growth, good pay, realistic goals(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some disconnect within upper management but nothing that cannot be remedied(in 67 reviews)

• "upper management seem to be more concerned with their matrix percentages and statistics rather than customer service(in 21 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to advance career and retire

Cons

Nothing at this time; I will update when needed.

Advice to Management

Feedback and communicate as much as possible.

Airgas2019-12-05
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wheeling, WV

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great compensation, work life balance is good. Fun place to work. My DM and AVP are reasonable and sane. They actively try to help me exceed expectations. Safety is taken very serious at Airgas. They really walk the walk when it comes to safety. Airgas has a great long term strategy to stay viable in the marketplace. Growth opportunities galore here. So much room to get promoted and advance. I highly... recommend Airgas as an employer.

Cons

Complicated business to learn. Onboarding process needs revamped to help Account Managers can hit the ground running.

Airgas2019-11-25
  3. "I enjoy working at Airgas"

Current Employee - Class B CDL Delivery Driver in Duncan, OK

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work for a local branch. I have an enormous amount of support from management and coworkers. We work as a team to provide outstanding customer service.

Cons

Sometimes communication could be better.

Advice to Management

I have excellent rapport with local and district management. Keep open the communication lines.

Airgas2019-11-25
  4. "Company as a whole is good"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Airgas full-time

Pros

Airgas is good to work for. Great benefits.

Cons

Some management should be looked at. Favoritism will get you places.

"Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Plumsteadville, PA

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard work and constant hounding will lead to advancement opportunities as they become available. Monday through Friday, weekends off is nice. Flexibility when in need of time off. Many paid holidays and decent vacation/sick time accrual rate. Good pay, good benefits. Higher management is responsive to concerns. Those who work hard are rewarded.

Cons

Middle management (department supervisors, group leaders, etc.) are overworked which exacerbates their poor people and managerial skills. Higher management does not closely monitor the conduct middle management takes, easily accepts what they're told. Often times leading to a false understanding of the situation. Computer systems and production procedures aren't streamlined. Much of the record keeping or paperwork... is wholly unnecessary. Work environment is dirty, unkempt due to poor employee housekeeping practices and the lack of a paid cleaning service. Monthly meetings are dry and boring jargon handed down from corporate and delivered as mandated. Toxic work environment; total lack of teamwork and unity. People are selfish and those with tenure actively make work harder for new employees. Management does nothing to prevent this regular pattern of behavior. Older staff and culture, unfriendly to, and threatened by, younger people.

Advice to Management

Much internal housekeeping is needed. Procedures and systems are backwards and inefficient, hamstringing a highly talented staff that is very productive despite the current state of affairs. Department supervisors require a higher level of formal training in ethically and effectively leading and managing people rather than poorly managing them and instead doing their job for them. With these problems addressed... production and overall moral will improve dramatically.

Airgas2019-11-19
  6. "I enjoy coming into work"

Current Employee - Pricing Specialist

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy working with my coworkers. Management has great communication. I like the atmosphere.

Cons

I wish we could have more casual dress down days

Airgas2019-11-20
  7. "Excellent Company to Work At!!"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very thorough interview process as I had at least 5 before I was asked to join the company. Showed me the company's vetting is serious for professional positions. Strong reporting structure as the org chart is strictly followed regarding communication.

Cons

Struggled with IT processes getting the equipment I needed to do my new job.

Airgas2019-11-20
  8. "Hopefully I'll feel the same in 20 years"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Delivery Driver in Tallahassee, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your knowledge and skills are noticed almost immediately My branch has a GREAT staff who communicate well Weekends off, rarely work after 5 pm Everyone knows family and health come first, which makes management VERY accommodating to time off I feel like an asset to the company which makes coming to work day in and day out enjoyable

Cons

upper management seem to be more concerned with their matrix percentages and statistics rather than customer service SAP will take years to master Computers and electronics used daily at the branch seem a bit archaic They hang a driver bonus over our drivers head which seem unattainable for some routes making the driver wanting to rush which could potentially cause a safety hazard. In my opinion, it should... just be instilled into their hourly wage

Advice to Management

DON'T LACK CONCERN FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Our customers have chosen us BECAUSE of the service we have supplied to them for years. We can't compete with prices on cyberweld and other online welding supply sites. We owe our customers a great price and great service at every corner of our business. If they're spending a little more for the same product we HAVE to make up for it in knowledge, support, and stock of the... products they use to feed their families.

Airgas2019-11-20
  9. "Great company to work for , great people to work with, anywhere in the world!!"

Current Employee - Plant Supervisor in Grandville, MI

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many locations could transfer anywhere you want!

Cons

Hiring process takes too long.

Advice to Management

Speed up hiring process to get candidates that can't wait the 6 - 8 weeks lag time....

Airgas2019-11-19
  10. "Employee review for Airgas"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Airgas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful employees, positive attitude, others are very willing to answer questions and be helpful, great benefits, great schedule, challenging but fun!

Cons

No efficient training, needs better training on tasks related to position i.e. provide instructions/processes relating to job duties hired for.

Advice to Management

Have an immediate training program for new hires for gases 101, welding 101, catalog research

Found 913 reviews