Advantis Global Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.0
Dan Pollock
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Advantis is a great company to work for" (in 9 reviews)

• "I love the people I work with and the leadership team work diligently to support the growth of every single Recruiter and Account Manager" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons that I have experienced" (in 11 reviews)

• "However, it does take hard work and sometimes long hours" (in 7 reviews)

1. "above and beyond service with recruiter"

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

I was working in IT in NYC and was trying for the longest time to relocate and transition to another position out of state. I've worked with Branden Luna from Advantis Global who not only Exceeded my expectation from a recruitment agency but also exceeded expectation as a human being. My Faith in humanity has been restored. This Guy was awesome, He listens and generally cares, I had to go through almost 7 interview and Branden was there every step of the way providing tips and feedback every time I progressed to the next phase, before and after each interview he calls to wish me good luck and always takes an interest in how the interview went. In the past where I've dealt with recruiters that were more of a head hunter just pushing random candidates to interviews Branden took the time to study my resume, ask me the right question, and match me with a great company that is looking for someone at my skill set and experience. Branden was the most professional recruiter I had to a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended working with Branden/Advantis!!!

Cons

I've worked with Branden Luna, Had a great experience. NO CONS!!!!

Advice to Management

Recruiters are the first line of contact to potential employees and client. From my experience with Branden and the entire process was world class. Never thought to have such a great experience with a recruitment agency.

25 Jan 2018 – HR Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience with Advantis, and with Branden in particular. We think very highly of him... More

2. "Great job out of college!"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Business Development Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Advantis Global (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great job fresh out of college. Clear cut career path and ample room for growth. Must have hunger, drive, work-ethic, and thick skin to succeed in this industry. Amazing CEO and Founders and a SUPER FUN team/work environment. Definitely a work-hard/play hard atmosphere. Office has great views of the Bay Bridge and is centrally located in SOMA. Advantis is great!

Cons

1% commission to start with and semi-low starting salary, but if you work hard, you can be promoted quickly.

15 Jan 2018 – HR Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled that you had a positive experience working with Advantis. We take great pride in our company culture, and it’s wonderful to... More

"Worth Reading."

I worked at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Great launching pad into a career in tech sales. Most of the recruiting team is comprised of recent college grads hungry to grow their career in tech, and this is a great place to start. As an entry level tech recruiter, you are exposed to a multitude of different technologies and development methods/processes, all excellent foundation knowledge of the IT industry.

During my time there, I made friends for life with many different coworkers. For a while, Advantis did an excellent job of hiring young, like-minded and exceptionally outgoing individuals, and I will always be thankful for that.

Cons

As I mentioned before, be cautious of the positive reviews and the responses from the company itself on this website.

The technology used at Advantis is ancient, I honestly have no idea how they function with tools that operate way below industry standards. I commend the business development team for the hard work and long hours they put in daily (which can easily be reduced by simply providing them with the bare minimum of sales software used by every other sales organization in the bay area.)

Goals set by management are unrealistic and unattainable in terms of earning commission and prize trips. Historically, the only people that attend the President’s Club trip (that is technically open to anyone who receives a promotion from entry level RC) are management and maybe 3 or 4 outliers who had a fantastic year. Definitely not attainable by everyone although it is advertised as so. However, I will give them the fact that they loosened up on the requirements a bit a few months ago.

This last portion is the reason I’m even writing this review to begin with. I was just happy to be moving on with my career when I stopped working for Advantis and had no intention of sharing my experience there on a public forum, but I can’t really let this go unnoticed. I just started working in tech sales for a new company this week, which I am already ecstatic to be a part of. We just received an immense amount of funding, and therefore are hiring like crazy, especially for the sales department. I found out a couple of days prior that someone from my old office in Advantis was scheduled to have a conversation with my current company’s recruiting manager to talk about potentially interviewing for my current company. As soon as they were connected via phone, this person from Advantis stated that no, they were not interested in becoming a part of my current company, and instead inquired to see if our recruiting manager would like to come work for Advantis. Yes, this old coworker of mine feigned interest in working for my current company to try to poach our recruiting manager. If this doesn’t illustrate how things operate at Advantis, I’m not sure what will. Trust me, I wish I was making this up. I’m truly saddened that this is one of my last memories of Advantis.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with your teams and stop setting unrealistic goals and making false promises. Looking back, it seems as though everyone is set up to fail by attempting to strive for these impossible measurements. Management always preaches how transparent they are with their teams, but this is definitely not true. They withhold and/or delay major company announcements because they don’t know how to effectively address the rest of the company. This results in major distrust that both sales and delivery managers are not truly looking after their team’s best interests, respectively. Also, look after your senior employees. If you say you finally have the power to approve any changes they want to see, actually follow through and make them happen.

16 Nov 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you for your feedback. We are in the midst of a number of positive changes here at Advantis that we are very excited about. Our new CEO just started, we have upgraded technology across the... More

"Excellent Team"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Architect in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and Understanding team. I worked with Jayme Karr and her team and they were always very responsive and very highly technical. It was an absolute pleasure working with Jayme and she is easily one of the best in the business. I will highly recommend anybody looking for opportunities to work with Advantis Global.

Cons

Should have an office in the East Coast !

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ! The team is excellent. It can only get better from here !!

16 Nov 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so pleased that you had a positive experience working with Advantis. Contractor care is a top priority here, so it’s always good to... More

"Account Manager"

I worked at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Young company, ambitious employees, broad potential client pool.

Cons

Like all sales positions, the metrics are aspirational and employees are put under considerable stress. This is a very literal workplace; boil down your ambition to a dollar figure and strive for that figure, and your manger will do everything they can to help you reach that.

Advice to Management

Just be clear about your objectives with your employees. They should know that its cutthroat, but just ensure that they understand the nature of the job.

16 Nov 2017 – HR Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Transparency is a core value here at Advantis, and we are constantly striving to set our team up for success. Sales is a tough industry, and... More

"Role for IT Service Desktop Technician"

Current Employee - IT Service Desktop Technician in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Service Desktop Technician in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantis Global (More than a year)

Pros

Advantis is a great company to work for. From the beginning of the process Linda my recruiter has been professional, responsive and accommodating. With the attentive help from the rest of the team, I had a relatively painless interview and onboarding process.

Cons

No cons, I just wish the job was available sooner.

7. "I'd like to take the opportunity to thank my recruiter Harlene Shah."

Pros

Harlene is very professional and reliable. I appreciate the way Harlene helps me find the information that I need which is extremely helpful in this new role I've received.

Cons

I have no complaints about my experience with Advantis Global. Everyone knows their stuff and extremely helpful with any questions I may have.

8. "Advantis Global is a great company to work for !"

I have been working at Advantis Global part-time

Pros

Helpful and they are always there when you need help with anything.

Cons

I don't have any downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Business Development Manager"

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time

Pros

Great company culture with plenty of opportunities to advance your career

Cons

Not enough pay and have to work long hours

"So much to learn & lots of support/ growth."

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Advantis Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here just over 5 months and I love it! Beginning with my Corporate Recruiter Jenn I knew this company was something special.
     My whole process was great from the start. They were flexible with my start date to accommodate my industry move. They really want you to grow with the company and polish your skillset. The managers are supportive and employees work together. When it comes to the $$, if you work hard the money will follow.

Cons

401 K Option would be awesome. But we have great health care options.

Advice to Management

keep it up.

20 Jul 2017 – Corporate Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking time out your day to write your review on Advantis. I am so happy to see that you are loving your job and managers. I love seeing that you are feeling supported by your management... More