Abtran "team leader" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Abtran Employee Reviews about "team leader"

Updated Dec 5, 2019

2.9
Abtran CEO Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 18 reviews)

• "My own team leader was friendly and undestanding(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 24 reviews)

• "Toilet breaks timed for seven minutes per day(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "team leader"

Return to all Reviews

"Had a blast!"

Former Contractor - Advisor in Maynooth

I worked at Abtran for less than a year

Pros

I was working in the new LPT office in Maynooth as an LPT Advisor. - The team leaders were absolutely superb. The three of the, David, Shane and Sean came together and gave all their best to help all advisors and although the LPT branch has a lot of information to learn and pass on to customers, the Team Leaders were always on top of everything. It was so reassuring to be able to ask for help. - The training with... David Cregan was carried through very well, I genuinely enjoyed it and although there was a lot of information, David teaching our group made it all so much easier. - The atmosphere in the office was warm and motivating, everyone always got along and came together to work together. - Despite my initial fears of working in a call centre, the LPT branch turned out to be a pleasure. I really enjoying working with local communities and volunteering so being able to help people sort out their taxes actually gave me a lot of satisfaction. - The company's CEO and the Team Leaders have always ensured that we feel welcome and valued as employees. I felt safe, appreciated and happy.

Cons

- Some callers can be angry so if you're looking to work in a call centre you need to take this with a grain of salt (stating the obvious here but yeah). - One worker got particularly attached to a Team Leader, and although that's none of my business, it was slightly demotivating to see her away from her desk and come in late in her last few days while the rest of us were working hard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and send all my best wishes to Sean McKennedy because that man is destined for great things. And thank David Cregan for all his hard work. He deserves to be on top of the Abtran ladder with his positive attitude and how easily he takes to people.

Abtran2018-01-19
  2. "Dissapointing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some nice people in my time working there. My own team leader was friendly and undestanding.

Cons

Little care for staff, treat them as pawns. Onsite bullying, transphobia, homophobia and misogyny. I noticed team leaders whispering about other employees, actively bullying them with other staff members. And certain team leaders seemed to be on power trips, giving preferential treatment to those they liked only.

Advice to Management

Possibly a code of conduct for how you talk to other people in the office? Daily racist, homophobic, misogynistic and transphobic comments in an office in 2019 is shocking.

Abtran2019-12-05
  3. "Progression Opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started on the phones, moved to a Team Leader position and then onto a Business Analyst position. My managers have been supportive and recognised my hardwork and enthusiasm.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, although this has improved in recent years.

Advice to Management

In the last number of years, Abtran has moved towards better recognising their staff. From a personal standpoint this is a positive and should be encouraged.

Abtran2019-11-11

"If you want to become mentally damaged and broke then go with Abtran."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing at all. This place is miserable.

Cons

Let me see. Minimum wage on a monthly wage. Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader. Automatically let go if you are late or absent more than 6 times in 6 months. Favouritism. You won't be able to afford to eat after you have paid your bills because of the low wages. You will be mentally exhausted from from all the pressure that you will contemplate suicide.

Advice to Management

Know that people have a family to provide for. Please be nice. No wonder the suicide rate is so high.

Abtran2019-11-17
  5. "Good Vibes and Lovely People at the Sligo Branch"

Current Employee - Universal Agent in Sligo

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

A really good bunch of people, with lovely Team Leaders and friendly management. Somebody is always there to help you if you don't know what to do. I have worked in a lot of customer service roles, and the Abtran phone system is the fairest I have seen so far. If you need more time for particular calls, all you have to do is request it so your figures don't misrepresent you. I have worked in other roles where this... was not catered for, and so a call that required more time made me appear to be below standard when the call simply required more time. I have experienced a very fair approach when requesting holidays and my Team Leader always keeps me up to speed on any mistakes I have made for the purpose of constantly learning more about the Industry. Bottom line: Work hard, be consistent and don't take the mick and you won't get any hassle. The only people I have seen get themselves into problems are people who are calling in sick on Mondays, or staff who are dreadful at time keeping, nothing keeping on the phones or are leaving dreadful notes.

Cons

Not a whole lot that I can think of. So everything seems very fair and above board so far. It's early days at Sligo and everything is running well thus far

Advice to Management

I would highly recommend really paying close attention to hiring internally. I have seen this play out before in other companies where there are very capable internal staff for promotions, but the company go externally. It builds resentment.

Abtran2019-09-26

"Worked at abtran for 4 years in 5 different Accounts."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people there, made some great friends and everyone really friendly. Good for a temporary job.

Cons

Unfortunately a lot of downsides to the Job. The higher management really don't care or have any consideration for the workers, the salaries are extremely bad for the work and the bonus structures implemented in the last 2 years were terrible and did not in any way look out for tenured employees. Due to this the work environment was very bad as most people were extremely unhappy and not being listened too in any... way. Holidays were extremely hard to get also as they would be released before the start of the year and once they were booked up it was very difficult to find any leeway. It seemed that if you were buddies with a team leader or upper management then you would have no problem getting time off and other things done but if not then you would have a hard time getting even an answer. The so called ''subsidised'' canteen was not at all and prices were nearly higher than most shops for example a roll with mayo chicken, lettuce and cheese would cost 5 euro or more. The main issue though really was upper management who refused to listen to anything employees were saying, kept wages really low, no real chance of achieving bonuses and causing morale and the atmosphere around the place to be very negative. I left the Job after 4 years mainly due to this. I would only recommend taking a job there if youre a student and want quick cash.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, give more incentive to tenured agents and not just with silly offers but with salary increases. Bring back christmas bonuses, stop looking at the company with a revolving door system and try to keep your employees and actually subsidise the canteen.

Abtran2019-10-01

"Avoid at all costs, a depressing pit of awful management"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shift swaps & life experience from the contracts you work on. (Insider knowledge on how to save money in your own personal life)

Cons

The shifts (365 days a year 08:00-22:00), the pay, the treatment staff get from management, no incentives or job satisfaction. No room for growth. Essentially no promotions available and you will not get anything better than a 2% pay increase if you hit the impossible targets. The Dublin office has had no team leader on site for over 4 months now.

Advice to Management

A serious look needs to be taken at improving the job satisfaction in Abtran. Anyone above a service agent is treated in a totally different realm. The double standards in policies whenever it suits Abtran.

Abtran2019-08-13
  8. "Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mahon
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a Team Leader in Abtran and a very positive thing is you get massive exposure and experience that you would not experience in the same role in other companies

Cons

Underpaid against market standards can be very stressful work environment due to workloads and lack of support

Advice to Management

Concentrate on correcting and updating the job title and supporting there staff more .comms are very poor in abtran so an improvement in this would also help this may even be comms workshops with SM's to improve across the business

Abtran2019-05-29

"Not going to lie, delighted to be gone"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful senior management, 9-5 hours and free tea and coffee, that's it.

Cons

The team leader was a bully and made working there hell for all involved, and nothing was done about this treatment, no sick pay, was required to provide appointment cards instead of doctors notes for appointments, despite not being able to get appointment cards from my GP. Also their Red Weather Warning policy: You are only paid for 8 hours for the duration of the red weather warning, which you must work back over... the next four weeks, out of contracted hours. Only 7 minutes per day "away from desk", which they keep an eye on, which you are then quizzed on if you go even 30 seconds over. 30-60 seconds over on breaks or lunches also result in being reprimanded. Pay is shoddy for the amount of pressure put on staff. No subsidised lunches, no perks, no real chances at progression unless you're very pally with a manager or TL, regardless of the amount of work you put in. Terrible front line management from my experience. On top of all this, the culture and environment are toxic. The company is going downhill and fast. I'd personally advise avoiding working here.

Abtran2019-05-01

"Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hours suit me. This can change from different accounts and different teams on specific accounts and you can be changed in a heartbeat without notice. Great colleagues. Great for learning some basic skills.

Cons

Pay Lack of training Canteen prices No follow through from management Team leaders having no product knowledge as they are moved from all accounts. Lack of respect for employees. Timed toilet breaks. Faulty equipment. The place is walking with the dirt. No sick pay

Advice to Management

Treat staff better overall I do know this can depend from each manager but from my knowledge it happens a lot. Pay staff a decent living wage, when you start in a company you can understand the pay rate but for this to never go up or just by a few cent over years of service this is crazy and morally wrong. Follow through on promises to staff.

Abtran2019-03-12