Abtran Employee Reviews about "team leader"

Updated 11 May 2020

2.8
Abtran Chairperson Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 19 reviews)

• "My own team leader was friendly and undestanding(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 25 reviews)

• "The pay was close to minimum wage and you only get 21 days holiday per year(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "team leader"

Return to all Reviews

"Great place to get experience"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Carrigaline

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive team leaders, tolerant atmosphere, easy to progress, shifts and schedules are like everywhere else in customer service.

Cons

I liked everything about my job

2. COVID-19

"Hell on earth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Sligo

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management and team leaders are idiots so you can get a good laugh at their expense.

Cons

Low wages, typical empty suit management, no progression, damaging to your mental health, work is simple and workers are treated like infants, non stop drama, busy body team leaders and colleagues, no union representation. The Sligo office had a confirmed case of Covid-19 and didn't inform the staff until weeks afterwards, then tried to cover it up putting the health and well being of staff in danger. If you have no career ambition and simply want an easy cheque at the end of the week this job might suit you. But it is easily the worst place I have ever been employed, a complete dead end which you'd be better off leaving off your CV if you ever wanted to apply for another position elsewhere.

"Dissapointing"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some nice people in my time working there. My own team leader was friendly and undestanding.

Cons

Little care for staff, treat them as pawns. Onsite bullying, transphobia, homophobia and misogyny. I noticed team leaders whispering about other employees, actively bullying them with other staff members. And certain team leaders seemed to be on power trips, giving preferential treatment to those they liked only.

4. "Progression Opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started on the phones, moved to a Team Leader position and then onto a Business Analyst position. My managers have been supportive and recognised my hardwork and enthusiasm.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive, although this has improved in recent years.

Continue reading

"If you want to become mentally damaged and broke then go with Abtran."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing at all. This place is miserable.

Cons

Let me see. Minimum wage on a monthly wage. Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader. Automatically let go if you are late or absent more than 6 times in 6 months. Favouritism. You won't be able to afford to eat after you have paid your bills because of the low wages. You will be mentally exhausted from from all the pressure that you will contemplate suicide.

Continue reading
  6. "Good Vibes and Lovely People at the Sligo Branch"

4.0
    Current Employee - Universal Agent in Sligo

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

A really good bunch of people, with lovely Team Leaders and friendly management. Somebody is always there to help you if you don't know what to do. I have worked in a lot of customer service roles, and the Abtran phone system is the fairest I have seen so far. If you need more time for particular calls, all you have to do is request it so your figures don't misrepresent you. I have worked in other roles where this was not catered for, and so a call that required more time made me appear to be below standard when the call simply required more time. I have experienced a very fair approach when requesting holidays and my Team Leader always keeps me up to speed on any mistakes I have made for the purpose of constantly learning more about the Industry. Bottom line: Work hard, be consistent and don't take the mick and you won't get any hassle. The only people I have seen get themselves into problems are people who are calling in sick on Mondays, or staff who are dreadful at time keeping, nothing keeping on the phones or are leaving dreadful notes.

Cons

Not a whole lot that I can think of. So everything seems very fair and above board so far. It's early days at Sligo and everything is running well thus far

September 27, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is shared with the relevant departments. You can also utilise the Employee Forum and the Comms inbox to share any future suggestions or improvements. Thanks again!

"Worked at abtran for 4 years in 5 different Accounts."

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people there, made some great friends and everyone really friendly. Good for a temporary job.

Cons

Unfortunately a lot of downsides to the Job. The higher management really don't care or have any consideration for the workers, the salaries are extremely bad for the work and the bonus structures implemented in the last 2 years were terrible and did not in any way look out for tenured employees. Due to this the work environment was very bad as most people were extremely unhappy and not being listened too in any way. Holidays were extremely hard to get also as they would be released before the start of the year and once they were booked up it was very difficult to find any leeway. It seemed that if you were buddies with a team leader or upper management then you would have no problem getting time off and other things done but if not then you would have a hard time getting even an answer. The so called ''subsidised'' canteen was not at all and prices were nearly higher than most shops for example a roll with mayo chicken, lettuce and cheese would cost 5 euro or more. The main issue though really was upper management who refused to listen to anything employees were saying, kept wages really low, no real chance of achieving bonuses and causing morale and the atmosphere around the place to be very negative. I left the Job after 4 years mainly due to this. I would only recommend taking a job there if youre a student and want quick cash.

October 17, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see the areas where we are doing well or where there are areas for improvements to be made. We're sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. We are currently working on a reward structure that is fair to all employees. While you may find the salary low there are many areas in the business where an employee can progress and with a promotion comes a salary increase. Holidays are released and allocated in a way that supports the business and unfortunately to maintain ‘business as usual’ this means that we can only allocate a certain amount of holiday hours per day. Our scheduling and forecasting team work year-round to make sure we can release as many holiday hours as possible but popular times of the year can be booked out quickly. We can’t comment on individual cases however we would encourage any employee who feels that they are being treated unfairly to make People Operations aware of it. Facilities are currently working on negotiating better canteen prices on behalf of the employees. Our Employee Forum is a way to give feedback and many improvements have been made through this platform. We are currently working on a structure that rewards our employees and we are aware that certain issues have been a focal point. Changes are being made and we appreciate the feedback we receive on all changes as it helps us to improve. Best of luck in your career and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or queries. Kind regards, Employee Engagement

"Avoid at all costs, a depressing pit of awful management"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Shift swaps & life experience from the contracts you work on. (Insider knowledge on how to save money in your own personal life)

Cons

The shifts (365 days a year 08:00-22:00), the pay, the treatment staff get from management, no incentives or job satisfaction. No room for growth. Essentially no promotions available and you will not get anything better than a 2% pay increase if you hit the impossible targets. The Dublin office has had no team leader on site for over 4 months now.

August 20, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board.

9. "Team Leader"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Mahon
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am a Team Leader in Abtran and a very positive thing is you get massive exposure and experience that you would not experience in the same role in other companies

Cons

Underpaid against market standards can be very stressful work environment due to workloads and lack of support

May 29, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is shared with the relevant departments. You can also utilise the Employee Forum and the comms inbox to share any future suggestions or improvements. Thanks again!

"Not going to lie, delighted to be gone"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and helpful senior management, 9-5 hours and free tea and coffee, that's it.

Cons

The team leader was a bully and made working there hell for all involved, and nothing was done about this treatment, no sick pay, was required to provide appointment cards instead of doctors notes for appointments, despite not being able to get appointment cards from my GP. Also their Red Weather Warning policy: You are only paid for 8 hours for the duration of the red weather warning, which you must work back over the next four weeks, out of contracted hours. Only 7 minutes per day "away from desk", which they keep an eye on, which you are then quizzed on if you go even 30 seconds over. 30-60 seconds over on breaks or lunches also result in being reprimanded. Pay is shoddy for the amount of pressure put on staff. No subsidised lunches, no perks, no real chances at progression unless you're very pally with a manager or TL, regardless of the amount of work you put in. Terrible front line management from my experience. On top of all this, the culture and environment are toxic. The company is going downhill and fast. I'd personally advise avoiding working here.

May 9, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure to look into some of the points you mentioned. We do have employee benefits and continuously working on this area.

Found 37 reviews