Abtran Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 7 Mar 2020

2.8
Abtran Chairperson Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 19 reviews)

• "My own team leader was friendly and undestanding(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 25 reviews)

• "The pay was close to minimum wage and you only get 21 days holiday per year(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, Good experience Good working hours Progression

Cons

Very high pressured environment. Salary is to low

September 26, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board.

"Literal Embodiement of Depression"

Current Employee - Irish Life Health Advisor in Mahon

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good People (not management) Benefitial Experience from ILH for going forward in the Finance Sector There's literally nothing else

Cons

Pay Unstable Hours Horrible management Disgraceful HR department Borderline criminal company No job culture No progression Imaginary process' that aren't mentioned in training, are used against you for disciplinary purpose from QA team

Continue reading
  3. "Customer service rep"

Current Employee - Company Lawyer

I have been working at Abtran part-time

Pros

There is a lot of Good people

Cons

The Monthly low pay packet can test budgeting skills

4. "Great for experience"

Former Employee - CSA in Cork
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, good hours

Cons

Salary not good for work expected, lack of progression

October 17, 2019

Thank you for leaving a review on your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see the areas where we are doing well or where there are areas for improvements to be made. There are many areas where employees can progress and up-skill. We have an award winning Learning Management System that can be utilised for professional and personal development. We have a dedicated Talent Acquisition team who are passionate about the growth and progression of our people and all our open roles are advertised internally, this year alone we have promoted 105 of our people internally. Best of luck in your career and please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or queries. Kind regards, Employee Engagement

"Mindnumbing"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Good people, easy to talk to

Cons

You leave after a day of abuse feeling like a zombie.

August 12, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is shared with the relevant departments. You can also utilise the Employee Forum and the comms inbox to share any future suggestions or improvements. Thanks again!

6. "Not a bad company"

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

Room for progression if you put the effort in. A lot of good people working here which is great.

Cons

Salary and benefits can be poor particularly for advisors

June 10, 2019

"Good"

I have been working at Abtran

Pros

Good people and I learned loads of training and stuff. A great first job and loved it. Would recommend to people

Cons

Poor pay. Not caring enough about hard working and undervalued staff. Not many extra perks like other similar companies. Y

April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments re: salary on board. We are currently reviewing and working on our employee benefits programme based on all our staff’s feedback. If you would like to contribute to this, please use the internal feedback forums, as we value your opinion. Thanks again.

8. "Working at Abtran"

4.0

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people Good communication from SMT Broad range of opportunities as our client portfolio is so diverse

Cons

No pension. This is a major influencer for employees considering a move

January 2, 2018Digital Content Creator

Thanks for your review. Our people are the core of what we do, so we're delighted that you see that as such a positive. Your comments re: pension will also be taken on board. Thank you.

"Great for advancement, nothing else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As I said in the title the main benefit of working in Abtran is the opportunities to advance you will get if you work for them. You will work with good people too.

Cons

No benefits whatsoever. No health or pension options. Even to qualify for maternity leave you have to have been working there for 2 years (without taking maternity in those 2 years), they will pay you for 10 weeks and then you have to work there for another 2 years after or they will take the 10 weeks pay back! Basicly if they don't have to do it by law, they don't. We work an 8.5 hour day and don't get paid for lunch, it's impossible to get annual leave because the staffing is constantly run as tight as possible and they can't even get the aircon to work properly for any extended period of time! They cancelled our quarterly bonus with no warning andthe Christmas bonus is a selection box and a bottle of wine. The pay is so bad for people coming in they can't even get enough people to fill a training room. They've scrapped the bottom of the barrel in Cork for too long and, now that there is other opportunities out there, they can't get people in while dozens leave every week.

October 6, 2017Digital Content Creator

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We're glad to hear your feedback concerning our people and the opportunities to advance, and we will pass on your comments re: pay and benefits.

"No chance of progressing"

Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, I found good friends in both Abtran accounts I was working in.

Cons

There is no chance to progress in your career, especially if you don't know someone important. Salary is awful

Found 16 reviews