Abtran "good people" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Abtran Employee Reviews about "good people"

Updated 30 Sep 2019

2.9
Abtran CEO Michael Fitzgerald
Michael Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "Lovely atmosphere , great people and work facilities(in 18 reviews)

• "A lot of good people working here which is great(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not allowed to be late more than 7 minutes or else they make you sign forms with your team leader(in 23 reviews)

• "Toilet breaks timed for seven minutes per day(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "good people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cork

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, Good experience Good working hours Progression

Cons

Very high pressured environment. Salary is to low

Abtran2019-09-24
  2. "Great for experience"

Former Employee - CSA in Cork
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, good hours

Cons

Salary not good for work expected, lack of progression

Advice to Management

Concentrate on the staff you have and looking after them they will return the favour , as the turnover is shocking

Abtran2019-09-30

"Mindnumbing"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time

Pros

Good people, easy to talk to

Cons

You leave after a day of abuse feeling like a zombie.

Abtran2019-07-29
  4. "Not a bad company"

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

Room for progression if you put the effort in. A lot of good people working here which is great.

Cons

Salary and benefits can be poor particularly for advisors

Abtran2019-06-06

"Good"

I have been working at Abtran

Pros

Good people and I learned loads of training and stuff. A great first job and loved it. Would recommend to people

Cons

Poor pay. Not caring enough about hard working and undervalued staff. Not many extra perks like other similar companies. Y

Abtran2018-03-30
  6. "Working at Abtran"

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people Good communication from SMT Broad range of opportunities as our client portfolio is so diverse

Cons

No pension. This is a major influencer for employees considering a move

Advice to Management

Introduce a pension scheme

Abtran2017-10-03

"Great for advancement, nothing else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Abtran full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As I said in the title the main benefit of working in Abtran is the opportunities to advance you will get if you work for them. You will work with good people too.

Cons

No benefits whatsoever. No health or pension options. Even to qualify for maternity leave you have to have been working there for 2 years (without taking maternity in those 2 years), they will pay you for 10 weeks and then you have to work there for another 2 years after or they will take the 10 weeks pay back! Basicly if they don't have to do it by law, they don't. We work an 8.5 hour day and don't get paid for... lunch, it's impossible to get annual leave because the staffing is constantly run as tight as possible and they can't even get the aircon to work properly for any extended period of time! They cancelled our quarterly bonus with no warning andthe Christmas bonus is a selection box and a bottle of wine. The pay is so bad for people coming in they can't even get enough people to fill a training room. They've scrapped the bottom of the barrel in Cork for too long and, now that there is other opportunities out there, they can't get people in while dozens leave every week.

Advice to Management

Raise pay (Even a little goes a long way) and bring in some benefits! Something. Anything! If you do a little bit more than the law requires you might be surprised at how much the staff will appreciate it.

Abtran2017-10-05

"No chance of progressing"

Current Employee - Costumer Service in Cork
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Abtran full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, I found good friends in both Abtran accounts I was working in.

Cons

There is no chance to progress in your career, especially if you don't know someone important. Salary is awful

Advice to Management

Remind that you wouldn't be anything without us working for you, so do something to keep your people happy.

Abtran2017-08-15

"Don't do it to yourself."

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

Some really good people you can have a bit of banter with.

Cons

Pressure, poor communication. Outdated equipment. Feeling like just a number.

Advice to Management

I had a great team leader. He gave a fn about us. More of that.

Abtran2017-08-10

"Joke of a company"

Sales Advisor in Curraheen, Cork

I worked at Abtran

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

An absolute joke of a company to work for. The money is terrible for the mental torture you go through daily. You dont get bank holidays off like most companys, instead they give you hours for your holiday balance. When you go for holidays then they say you cant take them because they are too busy. Everything is backwards there. There progression oppurtunities are terrible, no matter how hard you work, you get no... thanks. the company is full of liars and false promises. I worked there for 2 years in the hope of becoming a team leader but after speaking to almost all the team leaders there, even they advised me to get a new job because its not worth it. Payroll are a joke, i must have gotten 10 months worth of wrong pay, and to get it rectified you must wait for it to be paid into next months paycheck for some weird reason. Why it cant just be correct when you get paid in the beginning is beyond me.

Advice to Management

Some advice to Michael Fitzgerald. Listen to your employees. Every so often you might tell employees that you are listening to them but nobody feels like they are heard in Abtran. The fact that you have a huge problem with attrition in almost every account just tells you that people arent happy working there. The money is terrible. Its not a living wage at all. Surely for a multi million euro company something can... be done. You recently said you would look over long term employees wages to give them a pay rise. First of all the expectations for this pay rise were unrealistic. No missed days in a year, perfect adherance, perfect weekly call scores etc. Even if you somehow managed to have all them perfect, then if your Team leader decides you might get a 3 percent pay rise? Your a laughable company. The fact that you think every employee is disposable just somes you up as a person. Without the employees you would be nothing. You do not realise the daily work that gets put into your company and you give thanks by paying 9.37 an hour, messed up wages, bad working hours, no pay rises, bad progression oppurtunities and constant lies to your employees. Eventually this whole system where people just come and go out of abtran will stop and your company will start to plummet.

Abtran2017-04-24