AbbVie Employee Reviews about "good benefits"
73% would recommend to a friend
(418 total reviews)
Richard A. Gonzalez
89% approve of CEO
What people are saying about AbbVie
a year ago
It’s been 6 months since I joined Abbvie and I received a joining bonus of 10k (~8k after tax deductions). Now I plan to switch to other firm and I need to return joining bonus. So will I be liable to pay the actual amount 10k or the amount after tax deductions ~8k to AbbVie ?
Got a burning question about AbbVie? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with AbbVie employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Lack of good leaders, highest follow ups, unhelpful leaders, leaders don't take responsibility, poor management and HR" (in 128 reviews)
- "Managers have no clue on how to manage and create many imbalances and unfair standards and practices." (in 69 reviews)
- "life balance continues to be a challenge despite vocal efforts driven by senior leadership to improve in that area." (in 62 reviews)
- "I seriously cannot think of any negatives seeing that my last job was in the military which demanded long hours and was non" (in 39 reviews)
- "Upper management is aware and take no action." (in 26 reviews)
Found 418 of over 5K reviews
Updated 27 Nov 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "good benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 3.021 Feb 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
colleagues and the benefits are good
management is quite poor and a lot of metricsAbbVie Response3y
Thank you for sharing your feedback. At AbbVie, we strive for a culture that is agile and removes bureaucracy. If you would like to share more details regarding your concerns, you can contact your local HR team.
- 3.03 Mar 2021Senior Scientist IICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNorth Chicago, IL
Good benefit and health insurance
Poor work life balance and conservative on techniques
- 4.024 Oct 2023Hospital Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Good benefits and 401k. Consistent yearly pay from a quota perspective.
Reward smaller territories. Paid on % rather than growth. Caps on products and no incentives for higher volume.
- 5.011 Apr 2022Information Security DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Fantastic Culture Flexible work arrangements- In office, Hybrid and some remote positions depending upon role. Very Good Benefits (better coverage and cheaper than my last employer) Encourage people to try other roles in business rather than leaving with lots of opportunities. Many roles get stock grants with 3-4 year vesting schedule They encourage you to use time off 2 week paid sick leave
Global company so some roles have very early and/or very late meetings with other geographies. Must be managed Significant amount of process and other churn due to regular acquisitions (not people) Rating process is cumbersome (but thorough) Vacation time off not as generous as some but not bad
- 4.015 Jun 2022Senior Manufacturing TechCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsWestport
Good benefits regard pension and share schemes
Salaries are low compare to same jobs in other counties.1
- 4.018 Jan 2017IT ContractorFormer Contractor, more than 1 yearAbbott Park, IL
Benefits are really good and most employees seem to truly enjoy working in an organization that produces life saving medicines.
Changes occur slowly. The amount of processes that require approval are insane.
- 1.08 Dec 2022Study Management AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCrystal Lake, IL
Good culture, good benefits initially
They've been slowly peeling back benefits so they're not as good as they used to be lack. Lack of growth despite a lot of big promises2
- 1.05 Feb 2021Marketing DirectorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
The company pays well and the benefits are good
employees are overworked and stressed, creating a cut-throat atmosphere, functional leaders lack strategic direction and alignment with cross-functional partners5