AIM Consulting Group, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

AIM Consulting Group, LLC Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2019

4.5
AIM Consulting Group, LLC CEO Kyle Guilford (no image)
Kyle Guilford
Pros
  • "I enjoyed my experience working with AIM Consulting as a consultant(in 25 reviews)

• "Rewards: Hard work is rewarded with flexibility(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "When it rains it pours - sometimes there is so much activity that it can be difficult to manage it all, growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "I have no cons from my experience with AIM(in 9 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Manager - Talent Acquisition

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities

Cons

Minimal work from home options.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-10-09

"Those that are good at the job make a lot of money and enjoy it; those that aren’t, don’t."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This place is very high energy in the sales/recruiting pit and come with high expectations. They hire people straight out of college and give them the opportunity to learn the IT industry without any prior knowledge, build a network of some of the most talented and awesome people you would have never met otherwise, and they provide the opportunity to make a 6 figure income within a couple years of starting. The... people there are great, office jargon is 2nd to none. People are always willing to stop what they are doing to help you understand a complex technical concept or provide coaching on your techniques for candidate and client interactions. The company culture encourages building “long term relationships” with candidates and to treat people the right way, not to just like any regular staffing firm. The people that know how to grind in a sales environment can thrive. If you’re good at the job and make money, you enjoy it. Those that aren’t, don’t. There are a lot of happy hours and employee appreciation events that happen throughout the year. Sometimes they even encourage you to drink at work. Definitely a work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

You always feel like management is peeking over your shoulder at everything you do. They encourage bad habits when it comes to hitting metrics just to prove their confirmation bias. No work from home options. They set the expectation that it takes 12-18 months to be good and tell you just to figure out and do the job through blind repetition, but then threaten to fire you well before that if you’re not hitting your... numbers, which weeds out a lot of good recruiters too soon.

Advice to Management

Hire more diversity on the sales/recruiting team. Every new hire is a young white person who’s never had to work in a “sink or swim” environment and it leads to a lot of turnover.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-10-13
  3. "Straight out of College!"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hired me straight out of college. I went to the U of Minnesota. They sent me to a client company on a team that was working on very current and relevant tech stack and helped me move into my role with a lot of attention and care.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better. Still amazing though for a consulting company!

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-28
  4. "Great Organization to Grow and Learn"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

AIM is consistently striving to find ways to connect with great people who have amazing talents. There is absolutely no disconnect between senior leadership goals and day to day routines. In other words, you can feel that you are contributing to the mission and vision of the organization daily, and the top-down transparency makes this a great environment to learn the industry. You are able to take control of your... own success, as you are given a great deal of autonomy to grow, make mistakes and receive real-time feedback, and also receive recognition for a job well done.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve if you enter the organization with very little IT experience, but staying open to learning will make you successful!

Advice to Management

N/A

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-15
  5. "Great Company, Motivated People, and More!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

AIM Consulting has the best people in the business. They are highly motivated, caring, and industry leaders. The work is what you make of it. If you want a challenge, a challenge can be found that fits your needs. The client base is amazing. The executives and leadership embrace an open door policy. Hard work will pay off in this place!

Cons

They do expect a lot of their people, but that isn't necessarily a con...if you put in the work, you will reap the rewards!

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-15
  6. "Solid, Supportive Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the support of my team, cool culture, great clients, awesome and relevant case studies and skill set to help clients stay innovative and cutting edge!

Cons

Consulting is not an industry for everyone. It can be high stress with the pace things move. On the flip side it can be high reward with the projects and initiatives that we are pulled in to drive and support.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-15
  7. "High accountability + team work + great attitude = success!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AIM Consulting is a great environment for people to learn, work together, build relationships with great clients and consultants and help solve cool problems. The team environment, hard working culture, and FAST paced environment make the days fly by and keeps the job fun! No two days are the same which keeps you on your toes! Management will do everything they can to help you succeed and are constantly asking for... feedback or ways they can improve. If you stay focused on hitting your numbers AIM can be extremely lucrative, but you have to work hard.

Cons

As I said earlier, no two days are the same! The business moves fast and you have to be prepared to keep up with your clients and consultants at all times which isn’t for everyone.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-15
  8. "Tons of growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

- tons of growth opportunity - company's continues to focus on your education & personal development - small enough where you can make an impact, large enough where you can work on projects at scale

Cons

- growing pains; company needs to formalize processes / procedures

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-09

"Staffing company as long as some bad apples around"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time

Pros

People seem to be nice and smart

Cons

Feels like back stabbing and judgmental attitude at times. Desiring to become a consulting company but struggling get out off being a staffing company.

Advice to Management

Change leadership (Sales and Consulting). They are dragging down where AIM wants to go.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-13

"Great Company, Great People to work for!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Extremely Communicative - Fun people to work with - Felt like they genuinely cared on finding me the "right" job!

Cons

- Wish PTO was offered

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-07-15