AIM Consulting Group, LLC Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

AIM Consulting Group, LLC Consultant Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

4.9
AIM Consulting Group, LLC CEO Kyle Guilford (no image)
Kyle Guilford
  1. "Great people, two companies"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC for less than a year

Pros

Love working with the Seattle Area team. Professional, competent, responsive.

Cons

Part of a larger business in a different region focused on workforce augmentation and seems to not be familiar with consulting or West Coast expectations for employers and employees e.g. benefits

Advice to Management

AIM is a solid business, focus on raising the bar in corporate leadership with respect to understanding business requirements to support AIM across the US.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-10-04
  2. "Straight out of College!"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

They hired me straight out of college. I went to the U of Minnesota. They sent me to a client company on a team that was working on very current and relevant tech stack and helped me move into my role with a lot of attention and care.

Cons

Benefits could be a little better. Still amazing though for a consulting company!

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-28
  3. "Great Company, Motivated People, and More!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

AIM Consulting has the best people in the business. They are highly motivated, caring, and industry leaders. The work is what you make of it. If you want a challenge, a challenge can be found that fits your needs. The client base is amazing. The executives and leadership embrace an open door policy. Hard work will pay off in this place!

Cons

They do expect a lot of their people, but that isn't necessarily a con...if you put in the work, you will reap the rewards!

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-15
  4. "Tons of growth opportunity"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

- tons of growth opportunity - company's continues to focus on your education & personal development - small enough where you can make an impact, large enough where you can work on projects at scale

Cons

- growing pains; company needs to formalize processes / procedures

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2019-08-09
  5. "Great company"

Former Employee - Lead Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AIM is a consulting firm that puts people first, profits second. Worked here for 2.5 years and it has been nothing short of one of the best companies to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Honestly, management is some of the best I've seen. Keep it up!

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2018-07-05

"Weird place for a tech consultant"

Former Employee - Sr. Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Good for staffing and contract work. 2. The MTARs have a really tough and demanding job, they do the best they can to represent their candidates. I have seen some brought to tears over failing to place a candidate. They do care.

Cons

1. I read reviews about how some folks were treated when it came to bonuses that were never paid or even acknowledged, and the treatment they receive after separation. I have experienced it, it left a lot to be desired. 2. It's a growing company indeed with growing pains, but the office is disorganized and feels like a pure sales and staffing job. Benefits are not exactly what I would call benefits given how... expensive (Health insurance) or how delayed they are, 401k does not kick in after a year. The work schedule is not very flexible with a "work can only be done in person in the office" mentality. 3. Selling technology solutions project is still a work in progress. There is not a lot of effort in wanting to know the client, the environment, its challenges, it is more about pushing a proposal and making a quick sale (I am quoting a client, with whom I agree 100%). The "relationship" AIM claims to have with most clients is just that, a claim. It's still hard to get solid projects 4. Separation is done in a very strange way. Mine happened at a coffee shop minutes after my engagement at a client ended, with a weak argument about moving in a new direction (at last, a direction). I was not allowed to come the office and drop company property, and was never offered to come collect anything of mine. Some of the information I was promised never arrived, and when I asked about bonus, the separation agreement was quickly revised to add a pittance as way of saying please sign and go away. I was told I did not meet my sales quota (as if I had one as a tech consultant), but the company was doing me a huge favor throwing some scraps my way.

Advice to Management

Get serious about benefits for your employees. Catch up to 21st century work culture.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2017-03-01
  7. "High Engagement"

Current Employee - Consultant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a huge biz dev & recruiting staff. They hunt for work. Recruiters work their CRM and stay engaged.

Cons

Par for the course, but benefits are light.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2016-04-28

"Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

More opportunities than I can realistically take advantage of Great leadership The company feels like a family - everyone is supportive and eager to help Great clients and opportunities around the latest technology A company that is growing fast, but not uncomfortably so The company is fun to work for, lots of events to participate in Handsome training budgets that allow each of us to continue growing... professionally

Cons

When it rains it pours - sometimes there is so much activity that it can be difficult to manage it all, growing pains

Advice to Management

I appreciate how passionate you all are, and how much you care about your employees. Never lose that, and this company will continue to grow at a staggering rate.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2016-01-12
  9. "Great work, greater people"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

AIM lives up to it's reputation - it has a great group of people and continues to win exciting business. If you're looking for an organization that offers your career growth, the ability to have an impact, and a group of people that you'd be equally happy working on a difficult project as you would grabbing a beer with them.

Cons

As with any evolving organization there are some growing pains - nothing this group of people can't navigate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep presenting opportunities to those interested in growing the company and themselves within the organization.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2015-12-18

"A++ for company, culture, opportunities, and innovative projects"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at AIM Consulting Group, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

AIM has been a fantastic company to be a part of. With a tremendous array of tech projects in flight and loads of expertise to lean on, this has been a fantastic experience for me. The variety of work has been a key part to my daily happiness, including the support towards efforts to improve the company as a whole, not just the job of billing hours to a client; to be a part of AIM means you are more than a bunch of... order-takers, you affect change in the client, the company, and yourself. The other thing I think is crucial to add is the recruitment process. The team works quickly to assess and engage talent. I am not the only story where the process can go from Introduction to Offer within 4 days. They understand the fact that the area is chocked full of opportunities, but also that one of the sure-fire ways to turn a candidate off is to leave them swinging in the breeze. Whether it is a yes or no, the AIM team will not leave you in questioning limbo as so many other companies and organizations have the tendency.

Cons

Honestly, no cons so far. The company is going through significant growth, but is being careful with how they scale; to be smart and methodical during a time where I have seen, firsthand, companies falter and destroy their culture and sense of community.

AIM Consulting Group, LLC2015-10-29