Mission: We have over 50 years unrivaled experience in developing, marketing, selling and organizing exhibitions and events. We excel in creating brand leading, highly targeted events where people from around the world can come together to do business, network and learn. Our vision is ...
I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time (Less than a year)
Well organised trade shows
Management is impartial to your contributions to company success.
HR will work with management against if you say your experiencing some minor work or personal issues. They see that as weakness
Advice to Management
Listen to your employee needs more and acknowledge employee achievements
I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Reed Exhibitions (Richmond, London, England (UK)) in March 2018.
Started off great with a phone call. But it really seemed like a different person face to face.
I was given some homework, to develop a presentation based on a case study that seemed distorted and made no sense. It was basically requiring me to set the strategy for the company.
Then came the face to face. Nice offices in Richmond. That was it really.
Not offered a drink, but that's just picking.
The meeting lasted just over an hour and half. Presented the strategy, wasn't fluid, not that I minded, but questions and comments were provided at every point which were followed by "yes, that is actually slide...."
The worst part of the experience was the questioning, this may sound odd, but the questioning wasn't relevant to the role or to the experience. i.e. you may get some people who are difficult to deal with, but don't worry I wouldn't give you those employees. You ask a question then answer it yourself??
This didn't stop, this has to be the first interview in my life where the interviewee felt like the one applying for the role. His level of arrogance was on par with Trump. Loved the sound of his voice and constantly spoke about his achievements "There was part of the Reed Top Tier Sales and I was there, I was one of them". In total 90% of the time, he talked, then the other 10% when I talked, he talked over me.
Then a question that really puzzled me "You seem like a well grounded, calm person who has life well planned and organised, are you like this all the time. What i'm trying to understand is, do you get excited and have the energy to really rally people"? For the first time I was lost for words. In what world is those attributes a bad thing. I simply replied "I don't need to prounce like a monkey to rally people".
Then I was told the pay for this role. After all that and a presentation that took about 4 hrs of prep. Turned out to be an insult. Against my better judgement, I broke my rule of never going to a meeting without knowing the pay. But I assumed for a global Trainer, they would pay market rate.....nope!
Good thing was I didn't travel very far and Richmond is a nice place, although I couldn't wait to get back home, after such a traumatic experience!!
First thing I did was to withdraw my application. Couldn't fathom working with someone like that
Our marketing team has landed in Vegas, ready to kick off the 2018 National Hardware Show, which starts today at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Thousands of exhibitors from across the globe will be on hand to showcase their newest & most innovative products! Where will your career take you? Learn more about opportunities with Reed Exhibitions today! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQWag
The ISC Security Team is all thumbs up and smiles after completing The Security 5/2K run/walk last week at ISC West in Las Vegas! This one-of-a-kind event in the security industry is a chance for the industry to come together with a common goal in mind – helping children in need! All proceeds are contributed to Mission 500, a nonprofit organization that works with the security industry to provide aid to children and families living in poverty in the US.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –