Mission: We transform how the world builds software.
I have been working at Pivotal full-time (More than a year)
* Lots of learning opportunities
* Continuous feedback ( I have 1-1 meetings with my manager every two weeks)
* Meeting with smart people
* Free breakfast
* Being on call is not mandatory
* 9-6 work
* Can't watch cat videos all day. Have to work
* Have to ask for solo time.
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pivotal (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2018.
The interview consisted on the following parts:
* Quick telephone chat with a recruiter to see my motivation and my potential fit in the role
* 1h remote pair programming session, in which we built a data structure in Java (TDD).
* 4h remote pairing with a colleague from the office. Half day of work with them, we picked a couple of tasks from their backlog and we worked on them together (pair programming + TDD).
* Full day onsite interview. They sent me to their Dublin office, I spent one day as an actual employee: breakfast, standup, half day of work with one person, lunch with the product manager, half day of work with another person and a small chat with the head of the office.
The process was really a lot of fun, I got in touch with pair programming and TDD for the first time. Everybody was super nice to me at every moment, and I felt really relaxed in every step from the process.
I really enjoyed the process even though they decided not to make me an offer after the on-site day. Thanks Pivotal!
Worried About Header Spoofing and Compromised Networks? Fight Back with TLS in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
What the .NET Renaissance Means for the Enterprise