Mission: To work with the world's most ambitious companies to build the best connected software experiences.
I have been working at Connected Lab full-time (More than 3 years)
- Great work-life balance (hours are now 9-5)
- Exciting and challenging projects across various technology stacks
- Engineering team is sharp, passionate, and motivated to keep delivering quality and exploring new technologies
- Work environment fosters personal and technical growth
- Weekly company wide events and socials
- Outreach to tech communities in Toronto
- Micro learns, lunch & learns, and coding katas to increase overall company knowledge in various technical areas
- Large emphasis on testing (tdd) and sustainable delivery of quality products
- I have always raised any issues or concerns I've had and they have been actioned on, so currently no cons
Advice to Management
- Start reaching out to more universities in Ontario for sharp new graduates
I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Connected Lab.
4 interviews in total, including a phone call, and 3 in person meetings - all in the span of about 2 weeks. I was then asked for references, which I happily gave on the same day. I did not hear back from the company for a few months, despite reaching out and asking for an update. After about 3 months from the initial interview, I was sent a generic email stating that they have filled the role, but encouraged me to reapply in the future. I was excited about the role and it seemed like a great place to work, however was disappointed with the unprofessional behaviour.
Danny, one of our Product Managers at Connected, just wrote a unique perspective on what tech can learn from Big Oil: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQPQ4
Part 2 of our Design Thinking Series is available on our blog: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQvKE