Technical support Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Technical support Interview Questions

technical support interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you were in a room with three light switches, and you could not see out of the room and you could only leave the room once. The three corresponding light bulbs are in another room. How do you tell which light switches belong to which bulbs?

3 Answers

Assumptions: You have three inputs: X, Y, Z with two possible states (0,1). You have three outputs: A,B,C with two possible states (0,1). The inputs and outputs are independent of each other, but one input should be matched to one output. For example, if X --> A, then X(1) --> A(1). Note: we don't actually know whether the normal state of the switch is open or closed. For our purposes 0 is normal state, 1 is abnormal state. You have one chance to observe the outputs. You could flip one of the switches and observe, but this will only tell you about one of the connections and leave two unknowns. You could flip two switches, but this still leaves two unknowns. You could flip all three, but this leaves three unknowns. You could flip none of them, but that leaves three unknowns. Another possibility is to McGyver the light switches by placing three resistors of different values in series with the switch, verifying the switch is closed, and then observe the relative brightnesses of the bulbs. More creatively, you could use your one trip to leave the room to find the documentation and/or the persons responsible for this cruel experiment. I am sure this is wrong, but I was never a math or CS major. =D

(I mean you would put one resistor in series with each of the three switches, obviously; the greatest value resistor would result in the most dimming).

My answer to this is: Assign a value to each light switch (A,B,C) Start a timer for 3 minutes Flip switch A and B on After the 3 minutes is up, flip B off again. Go into the other room. The lighting bulb belongs to switch A The the other two light bulbs (one will be hot and one will be cold) The hot bulb belongs to switch B The cold bulb belongs to switch C.

What is your understanding of DNS?

2 Answers

if number of flowers in a garden doubles every day. garden became 100% full in day 100 in what day was the garden 50% full?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Which of the following affects the sending of email? POP o IMAP?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why do you want to work for us?

2 Answers

No questions only IQ Test.

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

What kind of work do you like to do?

1 Answer

Two computers on a network can't share files with each other, list the steps you'd take to resolve this issue?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your experience with customer support, why did you apply for the job, what are your skill sets.

110 of 253 Interview Questions