Product line manager Interview Questions

Associate Product Line Manager was asked...14 May 2015

Are you married?

2 Answers

I didn't answer it.

This is an illegal question. They can't ask this in an interview.

HARMAN

If you oversaw this business area, what specifically would you do to achieve $XX in revenue within 2 years?

1 Answers

I would do the opposite of what DB is doing.

Juniper Networks

What do you want to know about juniper

1 Answers

But we can't tell you as the project is highly confidential so just trust us

CommScope

how much experience do you have?

1 Answers

i have 11 years of experience.

Panasonic Avionics Corporation

Asked by HR/interview consultant What do you do when someone is being difficult? This lady responded to all my answers with "what if that doesn't work" The nicer you are to this interview consultant the more she will try and make you look bad and bully you. I was not able to figure what she was trying to accomplish.

1 Answers

Find out the root cause of the problem and address it with solutions

Teletrac Navman

Kobayashi Maru exercise from Star Trek: The goal of the exercise is to rescue the civilian vessel Kobayashi Maru in a simulated battle with the Klingons. The disabled ship is located in the Klingon Neutral Zone, and any Starfleet ship entering the zone would cause an interstellar incident. The approaching cadet crew must decide whether to attempt rescue of the Kobayashi Maru crew – endangering their own ship and lives – or leave the Kobayashi Maru to certain destruction. If the cadet chooses to attempt rescue, the simulation is designed to guarantee that the cadet's ship is destroyed with the loss of all crew members.

1 Answers

I was already prepared for the KM scenario and told them I would attempt a Vulcan mind meld to seize control of the Klingon commander's thoughts and get him to release the endangered ship. Less

JELD-WEN

Define what you think a product managers role is.

1 Answers

To be a brige person between Sales, Production, and Marketing so that people are speaking the same language. To know the product line well, and have basic understanding of all the functions that are required to execute on product. To make sure functions adding value to the end consumer, and making customers needs known internally. Less

Easton Technical Products

They gave me a business case example question of a potential product and how I might approach the process of bringing it to market. They were looking for a deep detailed process and I gave to shallow a summary.

1 Answers

In retrospect i should have gone into more specific detail.

Belden

Please describe your current job

1 Answers

I just went over my resume.

Basler Electric

Why didn't you ask "What would it take to be successful in this position?"

1 Answers

The answers to my previous questions provided me with enough information.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Interview Questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

product marketing managerdirector product managementproduct managerproduct marketing director