Find jobs for devops engineer

Devops engineer Interview Questions

DevOps is a quickly growing space for tech companies. Employers hiring DevOps engineers are looking for candidates with strong programming abilities, a knowledge of re-engineering processes and great communication skills to fast-track projects between IT professionals and software engineers. Expect to answer various technical questions that will evaluate your knowledge of tech tools and processes such as HTTP. Experience in software engineering or a related field is expected.

5,467 Devops Engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top DevOps Engineer Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three of the top questions asked in DevOps engineer interviews and tips on how to answer them:

Question No. 1: What are the top DevOps tools, and which ones have you worked with before?

How to answer: This open-ended question is designed to showcase your knowledge and experience with a variety of available DevOps tools. Share any tools you have specific experience with and how you have used them to develop good quality software. If you have generalised knowledge of many tools, you can easily refer to how to use them. If you have limited experience with DevOps tools, you can share that you specialise in those tools and how you have used them.

Question No. 2: What is the need for DevOps?

How to answer: This open-ended question allows you to demonstrate and communicate your knowledge of the advantages of using DevOps. This question also lets you share examples of companies who have used DevOps to achieve levels of performance that far exceeded expectations. You can attest to the benefits of DevOps and how these companies need it to continue to expand.

Question No. 3: What are the most important things that DevOps help achieve?

How to answer: This open-ended question is used to understand your perception of what is important when it comes to DevOps. Share the positive effects of DevOps and its relation to customer satisfaction, clearer communication and better collaboration. When possible, share examples from your previous experience that demonstrate these important aspects of DevOps.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Nubank
Senior DevOps Engineer was asked...18 August 2022

was asked to design an infrastructure for transactions batch processing

BusinessOne Technologies

how do you setup the agent pool

Pluralsight

More on technical topics related to Docker, AWS, Terraform and scenario-based techno-functional questions as well.

1 Answers

I did answer them to the best of my abilities and maintained a professional balance while doing so. The CCAT was the most toughest and glad that I was able to crack it. Less

ALTEN

devops, git, gitops, algoritmos, problema de programacion

GlobalLogic

No one technical questions during interview,

Cyberbit

build a cicd for an application

Outliant

The tell me about yourself question screen share of my recent project

EK TECH SOLUTION

Tell us a project you have done or worked on?

Nagarro

Interviewer was not at all interested in asking questions because the position may be filled

Panorays

I dont have to fill that part

Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,467 Interview Questions