Data scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Data scientist Interview Questions

data scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many barbers were there in Ireland?

2 Answers

Its a basic Fermi problem.

There are 4.83 million people in Ireland I would assume that 50% of them are males I would assume that an average male goes to the barber once every month I would assume that each barber can deliver services to 3 people per hour I would assume that each barber works an average of 30*4*11 hours I would assume that an average barber has an occupancy ratio of 70% 4830000*0.5*1 barber services demand per month in Ireland (males) 30*4*3*0.7 barber services per barber and month There are around 9.000 barbers in Ireland

Assignment discussion, question o SQL and communication test

1 Answer

US director joined and some questions about work and few basic questions on SQL queries. And one more person will popup start interview which was totally surprising me as I was not aware .. Once I finished with that Guy then another person popup and took interview .. All seems well and at last no clear feedback by company since two weeks.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

Most of the questions were related to my previous projects and the issues I had handles.

1 Answer

SoftDev : Python (I chose), you have an array of string sorted but with empty strings (e.g. ["abc","","","","cef","","","dej,""] and you want to know if an other string is in this array. How to do it with a complexity of O(log n) in general case ? Then how to find how many times it appears in this array ?

Competency-based Questions

1 Answer

Rate in order of importance 30 items astronauts had to get from dark side of moon back to rocket

1 Answer

Technical challenge round: binary classification

1 Answer

What can you tell me about the FD client base?

110 of 194 Interview Questions