Data scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Data scientist Interview Questions

data scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

SoftDev : Python (I chose), you have an array of string sorted but with empty strings (e.g. ["abc","","","","cef","","","dej,""] and you want to know if an other string is in this array. How to do it with a complexity of O(log n) in general case ? Then how to find how many times it appears in this array ?

1 Answer

Variant of binary search algorithm. Just that if array[i] = "" you take array[i-1] until reaching a non empty string. For the second, once you find the index you just look at his neighboors.

Data science : Explain Markov Chains to a 8 years old chilf

1 Answer

Data science : What is a good/bad Data visualisation ?

1 Answer

Data science : I had a graph showing different step were a client is interested by microsoft product to the real buying act. If you have a dataset of previous clients who bought/didn't buy, how to make prediction for new clients ?

1 Answer

What can you tell me about the FD client base?

1 Answer

Technical challenge round: binary classification

1 Answer

SoftDev : Python (I chose), You have an array of int of len n, sorted, filled with int from 0 to n, e.G. [0,1,2,4,5], you want to find what is the number such as it introduces the problem. Complexity of O(log n) in general required.

Do you work with pandas

1 Answer

Tell me about a side project you worked on - what motivated the choice, what skills you learned, the overall outcome.

1 Answer

General questions about my past experience on Software Development, explain a project I did on Machine learning, checked my fundamentals of CS ( basic architectural pattern, development style like TDD etc.) followed by some basic ML algorithm questions like decision tree, logistic reg etc.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

110 of 42 Interview Questions