Zurich North America Associate Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Zurich North America Associate Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.5

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Phone interview then later scheduled for in person interview. Then after in person interview I never hear from them again. Zurich should at least have the decency to email candidates saying they were not selected and they have chosen someone else.

Interview Questions

• just basic overview of me going over my experience and the interviewer going over basics of what job would entail. Very easy and laid back. pay is low for the boston area however.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zurich North America

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Getting an interview was not that easy, applied for several job postings. But as soon as a recruiter contacted me for the initial phone interview the process was fairly easy. Had two interviews and received an offer approximately 1 month after.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you were assigned to a special work group. What were your responsibilities and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. Recruiters were very helpful throughout the process and made sure to give me all of the pertinent information about the role.

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

A couple of days after applying on online, I received a phone call on a Monday from HR to arrange for a phone interview the following day. Basically went through my resume and asked questions about my last job. Also, asked about certain skill sets the job was looking for and how I used those skills at my last job. Interview lasted 20 minutes and at the end she said I would hear from them by the end of the week. A couple of days later I received an email to take a psychometric exam which I was not familiar with at all. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I received phone call from HR saying that the job was filled. She was very pleasant and I appreciated the courtesy call.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Zurich?   1 Answer

Underwriting Associate Interview

Interview

First I had an unscheduled phone interview on a Monday that lasted about 30 mins and consisted of typical interview questions. I was contacted two days later to set up a face to face interview which happened that Friday. It was very casual and seemed to go quite well. They told me I would hear back in a few days but it has been over seven business days and no word. Disappointed that I didn't even get a courtesy call especially since I sent a follow up email to both people I interviewed with thanking them for their time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job, how are you at making decisions, etc. Lots of casual conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Had an initial phone screening. A week later I was called in for an in person interview. Was hired the following week. I would say the interview was pretty straight forward. Need to stay on HR as it is a big company and they are interviewing for a lot of jobs simultaneously.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to schedule a phone screening the next day. The following day I completed the phone screening, and got a call later that afternoon to schedule the in person interview. I had the interview a few days later, and got a call that afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with investigating coverage?   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of a time you demonstrated team building.   1 Answer

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Contacted about a week after applying online for a basic phone screening with an internal HR recruiter. Mainly discussed my experience and the job description. Two weeks later met with the hiring manager discussed my experience and the job duties and a little more about the company. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager again discussed my experience and the job description. They asked more behavioral questions focusing on working with a team. The next day I received a request to submit for a background check. They use a third party company and they contacted me 4x for info. Background check took 3 weeks to complete. Once the background was done HR said they would see how the manager wants to proceed. Got a message 3 weeks later from the recruiter saying they want to offer me the job but need internal approval. I followed up 2 weeks later and was told they still want to hire me but the hiring was put on hold for a few weeks and they will contact me at that time. Never heard from them again. This process took almost 4 months. Very unprofessional to lead candidates on like this and not even give a phone call or answer follow up emails not to mention this is a very drawn out and repetitive hiring process for an entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Two phone interviews and then an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions...they just want to see what kind of person you are   Answer Question

Underwriter Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

Applied then the next day I received a call from HR to set up a phone interview. The interview was about 45mins long with basic questions such as tell me about a time when you held a leadership position, why zurich, a lot of the questions were tell me about.....
    the next week i received a call back from HR and set up a time to go to the office and meet with the VP and interview.. easier questions the following week or so i received a call back and had another phone interview since i lived far away and it was the same style interview.. i am waiting to here back from them

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you weren't given enough information to complete an assignment   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.