Zenefits Product Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Zenefits Product Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Zenefits

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

2 hour onsite interview with 4 different people. 1st person asked behavioral questions, 2nd had me do an email test, 3rd told me to describe a process then to explain it to someone else on the team, 4th was the manager

Interview Questions

• If you were a newspaper company moving everything from print to digital, what would be your top 3 priorities to ensure a smooth transition for your customers?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zenefits

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

The process started with a typical phone screen. Nothing out of the ordinary; just the type of questions that you'd expect. After that there was a four part on site interview. Three interviews were behavioral and the last part was a test to see how you'd handle customer cases. Overall, it was a great experience. It was challenging but straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Thorough interview process, met with many managers to see if it was a cultural fit. Took about four hours, 30 minutes with each person. Had to do an email test as well. Overall, not the worst experience!

Interview Questions

• How have you fixed a broken process seen at your last company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process with this company was quite long, and to be honest felt like a waste of time. There are so many process efficiencies that need to be addressed. I understand that they are a growing company, but their lack of professionalism leaves something to be desired.

I was contacted through a recruiter, and decided to go along with the interview just to see what this company had to offer. For the initial phone conversation that was made, the recruiter called me 15 minutes later than the scheduled time. From the background, the office environment seemed loud and I honestly had difficulty listening to the questions I was asked.

I was immediately scheduled me for another interview the following week to meet additional members of the team. This onsite interview lasted for over 2 hours, and could really use some improvement. I met with 4 different people from the team, and the whole process seemed to be a bit disorganized. Firstly, some individuals did not even introduce themselves until I asked, so I had no idea to whom I was speaking. I met with the 4 people separately and they each asked me the exact same questions basically going over my background and why I wanted to work there. I don't understand the need to discuss the same thing four separate times, and this process would have been a lot more worthwhile if at least they asked me different questions. It was boring, and honestly very uneventful.

The day after the onsite interview, I received an email for another onsite the following week to meet an additional member of the team. I thought that at least this time I would be asked some insightful questions to go over more of my skills. It ended up being just the same as all the others, and all this interviewer asked me was for me to tell a little bit about my background and why I wanted to work there. Basically a repeat of the interviews I had from the previous week.

A few days later, I found out I did not get the position. I was not too upset about this, but I was more upset about the fact that I felt like I was getting strung along and having my time wasted. All the interviews were the same, and did not feel very worthwhile in my opinion in terms of getting to know me or learning about my skills and qualifications. I would definitely recommend that people ask where they stand with regards to other people getting interviewed so they can decide whether or not they wish to continue in the interview process. Based on the other reviews here, it seems like the company may still require additional time to grow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

- recruiter reached out via email to schedule a phone interview
    - phone screen lasted about 30 mins and was also when the in person interview got scheduled
    - In person round was a chat with 4 people from different teams. Each lasted about 30 mins, one being a timed email test where you have to respond to angry customer emails.
    - I thought they would make an offer after that, however, another recruiting coordinator reached out to schedule another phone interview
    - Again, thought that would be the last of it but no, there was another phone interview with a Director who at the time he interviewed me had only been at Zenefits for 1.5 weeks. The director asked very basic phone screen questions much to my confusion and also asked what other companies/roles I am applying to. When I answered with the industry, he went into more details such as where those other companies are located and why I applied to them. I thought that was very intrusive.

Waited a week to follow up with the recruiter who did not respond for 3 days before I sent her another email. She said she was sorry and will check in with the team and get back to me. 2 days later she emailed me saying although I have really good feedback from the team, they did not feel like the interest was a match.

To conclude, I had to talk to 7 people over the span of 3 weeks and waited over a week for a response. The last person I talked to had been at the company for 1.5 weeks and determined I wasn't a good "fit". The process was very extensive especially for a start up and they don't tell you what to expect next. A positive was that I actually enjoyed speaking with the people on-site.

Interview Questions

• What other positions/companies are you interviewing for/with and why? Tell me about a time you implemented a process improvement strategy.   Answer Question

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Asked questions behavioral questions and about why I would want to work at Zenefits. Next step was an in person interview with multiple employees. Each interview lasted about thirty minutes. They followed up the next day with the results.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The entire hiring/interview process was professional but still informal. Alisa was my recruiter and she made me feel like she was working with me to find the best fit for me within the Product Ops division. Throughout the interview process, my time spent at Zenefits felt more like a casual get to know each other than a very formal interview.

Interview Questions

• The process was very similar to how others have described it. First there is a phone screen followed by an on-site interview with four rounds. The first seemed to be more behavioral and I was asked questions about my background and to describe my best day at my last job. The others were more conversational and I learned more about what the different managers did on their respective teams. There was also an email exercise where you had to respond to a few different customer service scenarios.

If you are invited back for another round, you will meet with the hiring manager of a particular sub-group and talk more to assess mutual fit. Again, much more of a get to know you than an interview.   Answer Question

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in December 2014.

Interview

So I met a recruiter at a professional event that I ran, and we had a short chat about Zenefits to exchange contact info. To be frank, this recruiter was unprofessional and rude: it took her 1+ weeks to respond to emails, called late, and questioned my "high" salary expectation's. Thankfully, she was not the recruiter for the POA role, and she told me at the end of the conversation that she would pass along my info to recruiter in charge the role. At this point, my interaction with the recruiting team went exponentially up!

Alisa and Stephanie were the recruiters who helped me along through the process, and they could have not been more helpful and accessible. I was informed that I would have a 'virtual onsite' that had four rounds

1. This was a "get" to know you with a manager on a sub-stream on the POA team. Not too difficult, mostly an interview run down and some behavioral questions.

2. You were given a Google Doc with 4 emails that were sent to Zenefits this past year. You had a manager who could help you determine how to best craft a response - the goal here is to see how can determine gaps in the product's operation and process. Overall, if you can think analytically and just ask the right questions, it is not hard to answer the emails.

3. A"get to know you" with another manager on the POA team. She was a delight to speak with, and mostly asked behavioral questions as well. Watch out: they seem to ask you to explain something you learned how to do recently. Again, they are looking if you can break down a process into actionable steps, and be able to explain the importance of each step clearly. My interviewer noticed I wasn't proactively doing this, so she (to my surprise) went out of the interview room and brought in another Zenefits employee. She then made me start over, and explain everything in one succinct explanation. While this was unexpected, it actually allowed me to another chance to give a much better explanation. In the end, she seemed much more pleased with the second attempt, and we ended the conversation on a positive note

4. This was a wrap up conversation with a senior POA. This was mostly to discuss the role, and time for me to ask questions. It was a laid back conversation, and she was very friendly.

Additional steps:

I was then asked to have some follow up questions with some other managers on the POA team to determine the best fit. These were much more conversational than the "interviews", and it was just a way for everyone to have a clearer idea of which sub-stream may be the best fit.

Offer:

I was offered the role from the manager on the sub-stream I was joining. She gave me the run down on the team, what she expected me to do, and also the routine salary/benefits information. A note: if you are an "experienced" hire, you can definitely get a salary above the base that's listed here. I was offered a salary that a bit higher than what is listed here on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• There are 4 CS emails you have to answer. These are real CS emails that were sent because of some confusion with the product, and the best way to answer it seems to ask questions and understand gaps in the product's operation.   Answer Question

It wasn't the right move for my career at this point. This role is definitely a "work super hard" type of gig, and I was looking something a bit more balanced.

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Zenefits' website and was contacted by a recruiter a week later to schedule a 30min phone interview with their senior recruiter, Alisa. The phone interview was very simple, basically getting to know you and your background and more about the company/job position. After the phone interview, Alisa helped me schedule a virtual onsite that consisted of four rounds:

1st interview: Spoke to a manager from the Ancillary team. Asked questions about my background and why I wanted to leave my current company and why I was interested in Zenefits. Asked behavior questions as well.

2nd interview: Email exercise- given a google doc with 4 emails that were sent to Zenefits and you have to draft a response with the help of someone on the team. If you have customer experience background and are able to draft response emails then this should be pretty straight forward.

3rd interview: Spoke to a manager from the Enrollments team. Gave me an overview of how the team operated and what challenges they have and asked me what I could bring to the table if I were to join his team. Basically wanted to see what recommendations I have for improving their process efficiencies after informing me of how everything currently works.

4th interview: Spoke to a manager from the Audits and Escalation team. She was very friendly and discussed the role with me and the day to day on her team. Asked if I had any more questions about the role/company.

After the virtual onsite, I spoke to Alisa the next day to follow up on how my interviews went and if I had any additional questions. Then she told me that she would speak to all the managers and see if an offer would be made. Alisa was great throughout the interview process as she was very informative and responsive whenever I reached out to her. A week later, I was offered the role from the manager on the Enrollments team.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways to improve our process efficiencies?   Answer Question

I decided that this wasn't the right time for me to move up North due to family obligations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

The process had two components - a phone screen and then half day in person interview. The phone screen was primarily "get to know you" questions, while the in person interview questions were more tailored around the job. They make you respond to 6 customer emails to see how you handle certain types of escalations. Overall I was pleased with the process.

Interview Questions

• At your current or a previous role, explain how you improved a process to become more efficient.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.