Young & Rubicam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Young & Rubicam

2.5

BAV Social Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Started interview process 3 months ago with the company where HR was super active initially. Scheduled interview and went through multiple rounds where I heard all praises from interviewers. Suddenly after 2 weeks in I stopped hearing back from everybody after being told I would hear back within few days. After doing multiple follow ups with HR I finally reached out to the hiring manager who also told me I’ll hear back soon. 2 months have passed since then and I do not hear again for weeks and have lost zeal to work for such corporation where people don’t value people. I send hiring manager another note and HR reaches out to me telling me it was wrong on my part to reach out to hiring manager.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

It was a basic meet up after a phone interview. The interviewer asked me to go over my resume and asked about my background on accounting. Asked me a little about whether if I am familiar with excel.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Walked through the doors and was led to the interview area by the interviewer, which I did not expect. The interview began right away and ended in about seven minutes. If the interviewer asks if you have any questions after one or two questions, just know that you flunked it. Could try to save it by asking some good and interesting questions tho.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your major (major was not related to advertising).   1 Answer

Relaunch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview to assess past responsibilities. I submitted a resume and was contacted promptly to set up a phone interview. Very smooth experience. This company does not use recruiters so check both online job postings and social media to see when new positions are opening up.

Interview Questions

• How did P&L responsibility come about given your functional background?   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I met with the head of HR before my meeting, and then I was interviewed by two separate employees for 30 minutes each. One was my would-be boss, and the other was his boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were presented with a challenge. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Was brought in for 2 in-person interviews, the last being with the CCO. Before I even got home from my last meeting, I received an email telling me not to take any other offers and that something will be worked out quickly. I interpreted that to mean an offer was forthcoming. After several days of silence and me poking around, the conversation became vague and I received a form email about a week later saying I didn't get the position and that I was a runner up. This is by far the most unprofessional interview follow-up I have ever heard of.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience and working style and critiqued some of their past work.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the recruiter only, it was a Skype interview. Got told about the position and the role I would take, mentioned the perks and the office culture. The questions I got asked were mostly about my availability, I just interviewed with the recruiter and then got to visit the office.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was referred by Y&R employee for role. Spoke to recruiter on the phone. Was called in for an in- person interview with recruiter and the hiring manager. Was told there would be a follow-up. Then radio silence..... The recruiter didn't even bother to get back to me after I followed up twice about the role.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled working with difficult people?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Call interview in the beginning. Promised to call back by the end of the week. No response at all. It's been a month. The recruiter asked many questions and explained specific description of the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young & Rubicam.

Interview

Fill in a form and get causal questions based on your resume. They're more like behavioral questions and it'd be better to showcase your statistical and analytical capability. The process lasts about 1 to 1.5 hour and you'll get numerous questions based on your background, skills or other.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.