Interview Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

-San Francisco, CA

Dropbox

You work on 60th floor of 100 story building. You walk into your office and find a bomb sitting on your desk. It reads 90 seconds and is counting down. What do you do?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

5 Answers

I would keep calm because it is obviously a fake bomb. Bombs with big countdown displays only happen in the movies.

Mạnh on

Pull the nearest fire alarm to get people out of the building as quickly as possible, then get the bomb to a corner and place myself on the opposite side of the floor (or inside a fire escape, which is thicker than drywall)

Anonymous on

I will go the top of the building (roof) , which might take maybe 60 seconds (assuming the lift is not too slow), and when 6 seconds are remaining, I will throw it diagonally away (as high as I can and as far from the building as I can) so that it explodes Mid air which significantly reduces the probability of any kind of damage or loss.

Anonymous on

Break a window, and throw it out?

Anonymous on

Since there is only 90 seconds left, removing bomb via bottom floor or roof is not possible since there is not enough time. Place bomb in corner of building so that at least half of blast is going out building away from personnel.

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.