YRC Freight Road Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

YRC Freight Road Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

1.8

Road Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Jackson, MS (US)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was rather painless if you had all your ducks in a row, you have to have all endorsements: hazmat, doubles,tanker plus at leastt 1yr VERIFIABLE experience... they set up a phone interview to ask you to tell them about yourself as a person, to basically find out if you are competent and everything else is basically done through email, your W-4, and direct deposit and background consent paperwork...

Interview Questions

• They asked me to briefly talk about my past employment history   2 Answers

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation phase

Other Interview Reviews for YRC Freight

Road Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Fast, spoke with foreman, he asked a few questions about where I went to school, how was the training, how did I hear about the company, the level of experience required after 5yrs, information about the company and very little about the union, who I report to.

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Easy bring yourself cdl class A with doubles and triples endorsement hazmat also of course ,and your safe driving experiance and good work ethics .I understand that now you must apply online and submit app.

Interview Questions

• None, explaing that I needed a very good job that provided for myself and my family in exchange for a responsible and safe driver was enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All pay and benifits are already negotiated top pay and benefits are provided ,negotiated by I.B.T. .62 cents a mile for All miles and 24.75 per hour for All time spent regardless of what for detention , wating on paperwork, repairs on tractor trailer starting from minute one. Drug testing , layover pay , meal allowance if layed over in foreign terminal ,and even for state inspections on units. Sick pay paid out every year if not used ,vacation up to 4 weeks on top of earned time off.Home time is the best in the industry i believe from homeevery day to staying out for several days much of that is up to you.

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Interview was professional, line haul manager explained all aspects of job in clear detail including the starting pay, schedule, benefits, etc. He explained what was needed on my license, and active Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat, and Tanker endorsements. Also asked about my driving experience. Showed me around terminal and discussed various different aspects of what goes on around terminal.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.