Interview Question

Bartender Interview

Hyatt

What would you do if a guest was too intoxicated and how would you handle the situation?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

5 Answers

I would suggest non alcoholic beverage

Anonymous on

I would offer water and a appetizer! If the kitchen is closed I would provide bar snacks. (Chips/pretzels )If they were driving I would call a cab or Uber! Soda or coffee doesn’t help ! Only time can help a intoxicated person.

Anonymous on

First, make sure the guest is safe and behaving appropriately. Inform management of the guest and if any your intentions to handling the guest. If the guest request another alcoholic beverage let them know they should probably order food and a non alcoholic drink. Watch their behavior to see if they improve. If they become unmanageable first give them a warning about their behavior. If still unmanageable ask them to leave until the next day. I personally have paid for guests’ Ubers/Taxi to make home safe and let the guest know if they leave their vehicle I have paid for their Uber/taxi the next morning to retrieve their vehicle. If after food and non alcoholic drinks improve their behavior. Still watch the guest, and hopefully they continue with their visit. Both outcomes the guest will appreciate you in the morning.

Anonymous on

First I would never let my guest get to that point and if so I would offer an non alcoholic beverage and alert management

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.