Western Digital Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Western Digital Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Mostly explained job description. The interviewer went through all the expectations and job descriptions. He did most of the talking and only asked 1 or 2 technical questions at the end. Didn't get to go onto the next round, not sure why because I didn't answer any questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR and asked some simple question about qualification. After the call, they scheduled an onsite for me. Onsite is 4rounds, each round is 30 mins back to back. one round is behavior question. Also about MIPS.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Grand Forks, ND (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. I was contacted over the phone and an official offer came through the e-mail. None of the questions were very technical and most of the questions focused on affirming the presented resume.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Start the day with an WD introduction which was an hour long, followed by 2 General Interviews each 30 mins long, and 2 Technical Interviews each 45 mins long. each interview was conducted by someone different so you have to impress each one if you want the job. Finish with a half hour tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• Write a function which multiples 2 integers without using the multiply operator.   3 Answers

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mountain View, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved meeting multiple engineers who asked different questions related to my previous work experience, my hobbies, technical questions that cover topics specified in my Curricula Vitae (i.e. resume) and what I liked and disliked about my previous positions. Context was given as to the position responsibilities.

Engineer Interview

Interview

easy and diverse questions

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and targeted towards academic achievers, but not necessarily good workers, nor people with common everyday logic. Questions involved all aspects of EE, not just the position at hand.

Interview Questions

• What are the different SCSI layers?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Applied on school job fair.
    Process: phone conversation -> on-site interview (it took a day)
    The interviewers are very friendly. If you are not clear about what they are asking, you can directly ask them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Foundation of C/C++. Talked about your projects and work experiences.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was with numerous individuals over the course of most of one day. Each interview took 45 minutes to an hour. The focus of each individual interview correlated to the interviewer’s area of technical competency. Technical questions mainly concerned the product and appeared to be related to recurring issues or area of challenges.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process was very efficient and to the point. It consisted of an on-paper skills test, and 4 30-minute interview sessions with different engineers within the company. Interview questions mainly consisted of items listed on your resume. A lunch meeting takes place afterwards, and all of the employees seemed friendly and happy. Remain on guard, however; the lunch is an extension of the interview where they probe your personality traits.

If you do well on the written exam and can hold pleasant conversation with the engineers, you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the stress of deadlines?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.