Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Started off applying online, they sent me a email saying I got an interview, went to pre interview dinner, interviewed, then heard back from then with a phone call about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would a company want to do a merger?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was a phone call 2:1. Asked very standard IBD entry level questions (comps, dcf, financial markets, etc. Second round is a superday in their Charlotte office

Interview Questions

• Standard IBD entry level questions (comps, financial markets, etc)   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in October 2014.

Interview

2 on 1 phone interview screen, basic finance questions. Two-day superday with 6-7 back to back interviews, few hard questions, but nothing impossible. Follow-ups can be difficult, offers come a couple days after. Know DCF's, valuation methods, basic accounting, why wells fargo/why investment banking, pretty much everything you would expect.

Interview Questions

• More stuff about LBO's than i otherwise would have expected.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, applied through school and then received an on-campus interview. If they liked you enough you would be called back and later that day I had a final interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a company's future earnings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had a phone interview in November then they brought me in for a Superday in December. I found out about the superday about 1 week after the phone interview. Smooth process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I go to a non-core school for Wells so interviews came as a result of an alumni referral. First round was a 15 min phone interview with an associate and director in Charlotte. They were very friendly and pretty light on technicals. More focused on leadership and gauging actual interest. Superday was a couple of weeks later in NC and consisted of 7 back-to-back 30 min interviews with individuals from all levels and across many groups. Pretty even breakout of behavioral vs technical. Culture is very important at Wells and was thus certainly a major factor. People were very friendly and encouraging which made it a pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Walk me through a DCF. How do you calculate FCF? Walk me through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people, the first two weren’t too technical and the other 4 asked things like how to value a company etc... got my offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• Company A wants to purchase company B what are some things that you would tell company A to look at before purchasing company B   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Anally networked with a ton of bankers at the firm and won their hearts to get a superday. And at superday won everyone's heart to get the summer internship offer. Wells based on all the interviews I have had has an extremely dynamic assessment process. Instead of meeting 2-4 people, you go to 8 booths at a hotel in Charlotte, NC where you get asked all fit and technical question.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for me based on the numbers I will tell. Here is the pen and paper   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I am a finance major and they called me to set up an interview. It was pretty informal and was a 2:1 interview. It was mainly behavioral and they asked me a few simple questions like how would I value a firm and what kind of models I had had exposure to. Pretty straightforward.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

The interview process was first round on grounds. It was a thirty minute behavioral and technical interview. They seemed way too focused on my answer for why I was not returning to my previous internship employer. Then halfway through the technicals, I suppose I wasn't doing well and both of the two interviewers seemed very disinterested in continuing any conversation.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why specifically investment banking over asset management or sales and trading?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.