Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Wells Fargo Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wells Fargo

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 5 30-minute interviews with associates, VP's, and MD's. Not very technical, mostly behavioral and fit questions. Overall it was a great experience and I enjoyed all of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you led a group and faced a challenge?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wells Fargo

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was flown down for a two day interview. The first day all the candidates ate dinner at a fancy restaurant with all of the bankers. The next day was an eight-round interview that was pretty rigorous.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Anally networked with a ton of bankers at the firm and won their hearts to get a superday. And at superday won everyone's heart to get the summer internship offer. Wells based on all the interviews I have had has an extremely dynamic assessment process. Instead of meeting 2-4 people, you go to 8 booths at a hotel in Charlotte, NC where you get asked all fit and technical question.

Interview Questions

• Calculate WACC for me based on the numbers I will tell. Here is the pen and paper   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2015.

Interview

Very easy process, applied through school and then received an on-campus interview. If they liked you enough you would be called back and later that day I had a final interview with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about forecasting a company's future earnings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward. Had a phone interview in November then they brought me in for a Superday in December. I found out about the superday about 1 week after the phone interview. Smooth process.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I go to a non-core school for Wells so interviews came as a result of an alumni referral. First round was a 15 min phone interview with an associate and director in Charlotte. They were very friendly and pretty light on technicals. More focused on leadership and gauging actual interest. Superday was a couple of weeks later in NC and consisted of 7 back-to-back 30 min interviews with individuals from all levels and across many groups. Pretty even breakout of behavioral vs technical. Culture is very important at Wells and was thus certainly a major factor. People were very friendly and encouraging which made it a pleasant experience as far as interviews go.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. Walk me through a DCF. How do you calculate FCF? Walk me through the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

First round interviews are held over the phone. They were two on one and were very straight forward. After that, invites for super days were sent out within one week of first round. Super days were in Charlotte, NC. There was a dinner the night before where we met and talked with current employees. The next day was seven back to back interviews in a big conference hall type room. Super day was on Friday, received offer Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF?
      How do the 3 financial statements fit together?
      How would you value a small pizza company?
      What's the difference between levered and unlevered free cash flow?
      Tell me about a time you showed leadership.

All pretty straight forward IB questions. Really nice people and a great experience overall.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Charlotte, NC (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Straightforward investment banking interview process. Superday consisted of 4 30 minute long interviews. Mostly behavioral and fit based questions, very few technicals and they are all manageable.

Make sure to be able to clearly articulate why you are interested in Wells Fargo Securities. I was asked that in each of my interviews and people really care about the answer.

Interview Questions

• Why Wells Fargo
      Why would a company pursue a merger?
      Tell me about a recent transaction.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

The first round interview is normally conducted over the phone for out-of-state candidates, but since I was in town I did it in person. After the first round they flew me back out for a super day which consisted of six interviews. My first interview was all technical, the majority of the super day interviews were industry related questions with some fit questions.

Interview Questions

• How will OPEC decision not to curve oil production effect upstream oil companies?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wells Fargo in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was a phone call 2:1. Asked very standard IBD entry level questions (comps, dcf, financial markets, etc. Second round is a superday in their Charlotte office

Interview Questions

• Standard IBD entry level questions (comps, financial markets, etc)   Answer Question