WE Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

WE Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at WE Communications

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WE Communications in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and then actually pretty quickly after got an email from HR about an interview. The phone call was wonderful and I got on well with the recruiter. She set up a phone call interview with the hiring manager and we spoke and that went well too. I got an email about setting up an in-office interview, which included me going to the headquarters on a Friday, doing two rounds of Skype interviews with people in the Bellevue office and the meeting in-person with the hiring manager. It all apparently went well because they said I'd hear by the end of the next week, but I heard I got an offer on Monday.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

Recruiter wants to know current salary & expectations, shares informative with facts, buzz about working there, benefits explained, flexibility, exposure to clients, asks about experience. Face-to-face in specific skills-based questions, assessing abilities, suitability.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

I highly recommend checking out previous Glassdoor reviews on interviews at Waggener; they were very helpful to me throughout interviewing.

My process included submitting my resume through a friend who worked there and four interviews with seven people total, two of whom I work with regularly. Overall, I was very happy with how interviewers and recruiters accommodated my scheduling needs as well as how transparent my main recruiter was toward the end. The hiring process was very process-heavy but employee behavior was casual and welcoming.

My first impressions of the recruiters were not strong. The first interview was a typical recruiter phone screen. She gauged my interest in two open jobs then went radio silent for more than a month without a good explanation or updates. I found out via my friend who worked there that it was because Microsoft was figuring out its PR budget for the next fiscal year. She then passed me to a recruiter who I worked with to get my current job. That recruiter and I had a call where she gauged my interest in a new job. It frustrated me how she misinformed me on the job's scope - including number of clients I would work on - but she ended up being very helpful later on in the process.

I then had two rounds of in-person interviews with people in the department I work in, through which I got a much clearer idea of what the position would be and what Waggener culture is like. I think I would have had the option to tell the recruiter I would prefer to keep looking at other teams but I didn't.

After the interviews, the recruiter let me know that I was getting an offer but had to complete a writing test and send references first. The writing test was easy, and I liked that I could complete it at home. She kept me informed on the time frame for the day they wanted me to start so both she and I could keep the offer and negotiation process moving quickly.

Interview Questions

• The last stage in interviewing is a form that includes three professional references and two editorial references. Depending on the position, you may not need editorial ones, but you should confirm you don't have to submit them.   1 Answer
    • "What do you do say to a client when you under-deliver on what you have promised them?"   1 Answer
    • "Talk about a strategy you developed and presented to a client."   1 Answer
    • "Can you talk about at time when something didn't go as planned and you had to change course part-way through a project?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was brief and consisted of two phone calls with the recruiter I worked with most of the time. I had a set salary amount I was aiming for based on pre-existing knowledge of the range AAEs get paid at Wag Ed. The recruiter offered me a signing bonus that was the difference in what they initially offered and what I wanted for annual salary. It may have helped that I had emphasized throughout the interview process that I was performing a lot of tasks in my current job above what many AAEs do and wanted my new job duties and compensation to reflect that.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and an in person interview that included Skype with the team in Lake Oswego, Oregon. Pretty typical for a public relations interview I think. It was straightforward and not too stressful.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications in May 2016.

Interview

Online submission, skype call interview, overall was very easy and couldv'e been a bit more challenging to show it was well thought out. Given I had just graduated college though, it was definitely a nice interview process to have

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Basic interview. Very relaxed. Nothing out of this world. They skype call you, (as that is one of their clients) and ask you the basic questions that all interviews ask. Make sure you're focused on showing your personality, because they are focused on work culture and how you will fit into it. Be yourself. Have fun with it, and most likely you'll get it!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Federal Way, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my cover letter, resume and I have my bachelors degree in Public Relations. I heard back within 2 weeks. I was emailed and was given options for an interview (I had Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as options) and chose a date and time. I had the interview on Thursday and heard back by the end if that week. I started the Internship in October.

Interview Questions

• What song best represents your personality?
      Why do you want to work for WE?
      Name a time that you received feedback/criticism and how did you react?
      What are the steps you take to get a task done?
      What does professionalism mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The application for a Summer Intern was posted in early March. I applied one day later, and waited anxiously for a couple of months.

I was contacted via email the first week of May to schedule a Skype interview. The following week, after completing that interview, I was given a written exercise to submit. Once I did that, I waited some more and got a call in the last week of May offering me the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a Senior Account Executive where she provided me with dates and time for a phone interview. The interview included background about the internship program, the expectations of the interns, what I can expect from the internship, a an exchange of questions from both of us.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me what on her computer the whole time typing, which was weird. She hardly made eye contact and I thought she was working and not listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle deadlines on multiple projects at once?
      What's an example where you had to deal with a stressful problem, and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.