Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Valero Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Valero Energy

2.7

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with hiring manger(s) and several accounting managers. My experience was informal, each interviewer asked several questions about my academic and professional background followed by a discussion about my ability to do the job. After interviewing with other energy companies through the C.A.R and S.T.A.R methods this was not terribly difficult. Although, after having worked with the company for several months I trust the formal interview methods to help a company better evaluate candidates and the needs that must be met.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the gap years in your resume.   3 Answers
    • How advanced are you with SAP?   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

Submitted application then received a call from HR to schedule a phone screen. After the phone screen an interview was then scheduled with 1-6 employees from the department. The interview process took about two hours which was understandable since there were 2 different groups who interviewed at different times. Easy process overall but not as easy as other interviews I've had. Also, I must say everyone was really friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at Valero? What do you know about the position you applied for? Can you tell me about yourself? Why are you planning to leave your present job?   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Submitted my resume in a career fair, was interviewed by a group of engineers in the refinery.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 10 questions starting with the phrase: "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Great questions asked and very nice people. It was a small group of people in a smaller study group. It was a standard behavioral based questions interview that went really well. They answered all of my questions very well and helped explain anything I had questions on.

Interview Questions

• Name a timed that you struggled in your college career.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Interview

fairly straightforward and easy
    not too many questions to me about technicality or experience
    essentially got the job on the spot not feeling sure how or why
    manager seemed less prepared than I was

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Met a recruiter through a university job fair and was contacted a few weeks after for an on-campus interview. The interview was all behavior based and background questions. We discussed previous experience on my resume, as well as what departments I had interest in. It was very friendly and easy-going.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Three Rivers, TX (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Three Rivers, TX (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

First took a mechanical aptitude test to qualify for interview. After receiving letter then interview is set up. Interview is a panel interview consisting of a representative from HR and three others from engineering, operations, and area managers. Each asked questions and took notes. They like for you to answer as swift as possible and be able to think on your feet. Each question was a scenario based question. What would you do if there was confrontation between co-worker? Name a time when you went above and beyond to get a job done? Name a time when you've taken short cuts? ( tell them you don't take short cuts)

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've been overwhelmed with a job task and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a confrontation arose at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Speak highly of safety and proper personal protectiob

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

The Valero interview was a series of behavioral questions. There was three people on the interview panel. It was a Human Resources , Production supervisor,and manager. The questions are to answered in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Have you received an offer yet?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Memphis, TN (US)).

Interview

I was a contractor and I knew someone so I didn't have to go through an intense interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very firm on the offer amount

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

About 3 interviews. Just study for them and you will be fine. If you are a good fit for the company you won't have any issues. If you like volunteering and serving your community that helps you with your application. Make sure you don't lie about your community service because everyone at Valero volunteers and they will double check to make sure you are not making things up.

Interview Questions

• If you said you spoke another language be prepared to have part of the interview be in that other language.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.