Valero Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Valero Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at Valero Energy

2.7

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Very organized and considerate. Interviewed during Covid-19, so we all sat away from each other. I had 5 supervisors interviewing me, each one took turns asking questions. Gave a great overview of the company to start.

Interview Questions

• Standard Tell me about a time questions. Very Safety oriented.   Answer Question

Customer Resolution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone interview was very easy. The interviewer was nice and smooth with asking questions. They asked basic questions about preferred salary and hobbies I was interested in. Basically wanted to see who I was as a person.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Bluffton, IN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Completed a 20 question assessment of basic mechanics.
    Interview with two Valero employees. Introduction and brief overview of your resume.

Asked the HR standardized questions.

Went over benefits offered by Valero.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

3 hr panel interview (Three 45 minute group interviews). Was really cool to speak to so many people and to get a feel for all the different teams. Best to be prepared with industry knowledge and to drive home how you provided quantifiable value.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to be a leader?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you delivered quantifiable value in your last role?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

It was an in person interview in which a male interview proceeded to ask me if I cared about an employer supporting women. Then went on to say that Valero has no women support groups. In addition, the interviewer made comments about my race and demeaned the projects I had worked on in the past.

Interview Questions

• Do you care if your employer supports women?   1 Answer

Associate In the Commercial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

One social event at a local restaurant near the San Antonio headquarters, then a brief behavioral interview 2 days after, then if selected for the 2nd and final round a week later you will come back for a panel interview with 3 departments.

Interview Questions

• The margin and business analysis team asked me how I could better their margins on oil.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Round of quick interviews at UTSA. 3 - 5 minutes. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. We discussed my resume and expectations and she explained her role in the company and the requirements of the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Stillwater, OK (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral questions that were pretty broad. Was asked to walk the interviewer through my resume. About 30 minutes long with time to ask questions at the end. One on one interview, employer was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you solved a technical problem. What steps did you take to get your through it?   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Amarillo, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had hoped to meet with actual HR representatives from San Antonio for future consideration for other positions but I was only able to meet with local supervisors. I can understand their handling it that way as the position was entry level at a call center. Still, I was disappointed by that and the seemingly same question, worded a little differently each time, being asked repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• They repeatedly asked me to describe a difficult situation that I had worked through in the past. I answered without hesitation until the third time the almost exact same question was asked. At that point I had to begin referring them to my previous answers as I was growing tired of their generic, lazy questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I talked to them while I was at the career fair even though I didn't have the initial intention to work for them. I hit it off with this one recruiter and she scheduled an interview. The interview was mostly behavioural questions with some probing into the more technical aspects. Not too extrenous, but preparation is required. I caught up with the recuriter later on at a social event Valero was putting on at the campus. I believe that extra initiative to show up to the social even after the interview eventually led to me being offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with another person about a project/task and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.