University of San Diego Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

University of San Diego Interview Questions

Interviews at University of San Diego

2.6

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Interview

Process begins with a group interview that entails a teamwork exercise as well as individually answering a "hot topic" tour question. If chosen to move forward, an individual interview is conducted with 2 - 4 interviewers.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process is more of a getting to know you kind of vibe to it. But at the same time you should go prepared about the mission and vision of the particular department and how you can contribute to it.

Interview Questions

• How can you create an impact on the society with this role.   Answer Question

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Our interview was with two ladies that were in lateral positions to the one applied for. It was over the phone and was scheduled the last 30 minutes. The last 10 minutes were left for me to ask any questions to them about the position. Very friendly individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of the projects that you have worked on and how the part you played made an impact on your office/team.   Answer Question
    • Why USD and why this position?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through the job board posting. The online portal requested detailed experience. I received a phone call about 2 weeks after I applied online to interview that next week. I came in for an hour long interview that was split into two parts. I walked out with contact information to follow up with for skills testing that I completed the next day. I was emailed later that week to call and schedule a second interview with someone who was out of the office when I came in before. The second interview was very quick and to the point. I met with my prospective boss again who informed me that I was a finalist pending reference checks. 2 of my 3 references were emailed the next week. I was contacted by HR after that with a tentative offer pending background and education checks to start in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for lots of examples that compared to the job position and for a difficult customer service experience. I am pretty sure I was asked something along the lines as to why I wanted the job   Answer Question

Rainbow Educator PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with two interviewers, both students and part of the rainbow educator program, who were kind and if anything not comfortable with being interviewers. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes, where they asked questions from a set list. They did not give a lot of verbal or nonverbal feedback, but were attentive and gave me time to think and answer the questions in my own time. They walked me out and thanked me for my time. About a week after I was accepted.

IT - Cluster Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Bizarre interview process. Just weird. Applied online. Hoped. Moved on. Six months later, got called out of the blue by an angry woman who thought a UCSD research person wouldn't work at a liberal arts school. Gave up hope. Said thanks. Two months, got a surprise technical phone interview. Answered some basic Linux questions. Didn't hear anything for two weeks. I called them this time. They said something like, "We are still in the process of interviewing our most qualified candidates such as yourself." Never heard anything back. I am convinced the IT department here is crazy.

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of San Diego (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Not well organized, seemed like they were hiring at the last minute and trying to get a body into the role. Interviewing team didn't seem to be communicating with each other.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult boss and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online to the USD portal and was called by the hiring manager within 24 hours asking for an interview. I went in for an interview 2 days later where I met with the staff and the hiring manager for the department. I was told I would get a call within the next few days telling me my status. I called the office twice with no response for a month after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How well do you manage stress? What are your organizing techniques?   Answer Question

Conference Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Group interview with skits about how you would respond to specific situations on the job and working together to hire a potential candidate. The individual interview was held by the schedule coordinator and two employees. Some questions were straightforward, others were odd.

Interview Questions

Interview

Starts with a group interview process. Former employees sit at the tables with you and talk to you. Very casual. Some group questions are asked that are made to see how you work as a team. Second interview is done by director and a couple of former employees. They ask some very basic questions, and it is very casual.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.