University of East Anglia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

University of East Anglia Interview Questions

Interviews at University of East Anglia

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of East Anglia.

Interview

Work in group of 3 to prepare a marketing plan, write a social media post copy, prepare a pitch to potential partners. I wasn't told it was a group task beforehand so I wasn't fully prepared (as an introvert).

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

- i was asked to prepare a presentation based on case studies they gave me
    - prep time was 30-40 minutes
    - they provided with all materials such as pen, papers

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of East Anglia.

Interview

relaxed and friendly, you tend to have already chosen your supervisory team before you go to interview so you are likely to have already spoken with them and know about their research interests. An opportunity to talk more in depth about your research plans and get to know each other.

Global Alumni Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I took the job interview last autumn, which went without any problem and I was told by the manager that she will definitely contact me on phone or via email later that day or the following day about the outcome.

Unfortunately, I have never received a reply from her and she did not reply to my emails ever since.

Please note that I have travelled to Norwich from abroad and had to stay at a local hostel for a few days. After attending the interview and then never hearing anything more from the University, leaving me to simply presume I was unsuccessful without ever receiving confirmation of the outcome is not acceptable in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell usabout a challenge you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia.

Interview

It’s a tick box process. You have to memorise the job description and what you wrote in your application. Have detailed examples and positive vocabulary. You may have a casual interview, team work in groups or a panel.

School Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Before my face to face interview I had a word and excel test that wasn’t too difficult, it involved composing an email for the word task and basic sums for the excel task. Esther, who worked in the department, was very friendly and helpful with a technical issue that occurred in my test and she made me feel comfortable and welcome, unlike the staff interviewing me in my face to face interview which took place immediately after. It was very uncomfortable as the three people interviewing me showed no interest in what I was saying and gave off absolutely no emotional response of any kind, it was honestly like talking to a brick wall. It threw me off as I was trying my best to be upbeat and establish a conversation about the role as that’s what I like to do in interviews but it was difficult and stressful to be met with no response which negatively affected my performance. It was just question after question of typical interview topics with no time given to discuss any of the answers I gave, which made it seem like they didn’t care what I said and they were just asking for the sake of it. Extremely uncomfortable experience that really knocked my self esteem as I was made to feel like I had done something wrong to warrant such a negative response.

Interview Questions

Interview

A number of small groups of people all interviewed together. A maths test was given, as was a teamwork and communication based task. It was a relaxed and friendly environment throughout.

Student Blogger Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of East Anglia.

Interview

There was no interview, but instead we had to write a blog post and submit it via email. About 100 people submitted and only 10 were selected. It was not difficult but it was competitive. They wanted the post to be fun, honest and engaging to others. Their goal was to hire students who will represent what life at UEA is.

Interview Questions

• Write a blog post about why you chose UEA and things about why you chose your course.   1 Answer

Study Abroad Ambassador Interview

Application

Interview

Had to do a lot of prep before the interview, including submitting a 2,000-word essay on why you wanted the job. For the interview, I had to prepare a five-minute presentation. The interview itself was very awkward; none of the three interviewers provided any warmth or encouragement. The interviewers told me to assume that they had not read my CV or my essay - I don't know if this is standard in interviews but it felt very unprofessional to ask me to write such a long essay and then say that they hadn't read it.

Interview Questions

• What skills could you bring to the team?
      How would you deal with confidential information?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a 20 Minute interview in one of the whirring mangers office. There was also a lecturer there supervising and asking me questions too. They were both very friendly and listened to what I had to say. They made me feel at ease throughout

Interview Questions

• How my previous experience makes me a relevant candidate   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.