UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

UnitedHealth Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Four rounds: phone screening, code test, 3-hour on-site tech test (SQL, data modelling, DB knowledge; Java coding such as command pattern) ; meet VP

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The initial contact was by their HR team in Austin, TX. They were very professional and cordial during that stage. They set up a face to face interview for me in Colorado Springs about 2 weeks after the initial contact. I arrived at the address given but found no listing for "UnitiedHealth Group" in the office directory. I finally asked someone outside the building and they laughed as if i was not in on the joke. They told me that this was indeed the address but that UnitedHealth actually partners with another small company for their IT work. No one ever mentioned this to me and it was greatly disappointing to me that I would not be an actual employee of UnitedHealth. The interview went well but the hiring manager seemed a little cold and distant. From what I learned about the company from this interview would probably keep me from applying there again.

Interview Questions

• Expalin the difference between the Java clauses: "final", "finalize", and "finally"   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 1 technical interview followed by 2 technical interviews at their location. I enjoyed talking to the first 2 engineers but the last was unbelievably awful and was trying to make me fail. He asked me such a difficult problem and purposely gave me some wrong info to see if I would catch it or not, changed the scenario while I was near done solving it, and clearly told me he'll notify the other interviewers that I did so poorly. I spoke to everyone else that interviewed with the company and they only had 1 or 2 technical interviews with simple problems. They were completely shocked at how I was treated by the last person. I'll make sure to never apply to this place ever again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

This is on campus interview. First talk about resume and then ask behaviour questions. Like why do you choose us, why work in health industry. What the important thing in woking with team. How to handle argue in a team. For example, two people want to be leader and there are just two people in this team.
    Then let me teach him poker rules. I teach him the easiest one I know. I draw some pictures to teach rules.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in February 2015.

Interview

Applied after being contacted by a recruiter from the company.I got a call to setup the interview date. The recruiter responsible ended setting up the call one hour early because they confused their timezones. I was still able to answer most of the questions

Interview Questions

• differences between java and c#?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had expected a very formal interview, but was surprised with how chill the interviewer was. The interview itself was very laid back, with the majority of the interview process consisting of the interviewer discussing items on my resume with me. The interviewers were very nice but understandably tired. However, they were very responsive when asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Optum?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone Interview for 20 min then in-person interview with 3 people. The hole process took about a month. It wasn't a full-time position. It was for a contract position.

Interview Questions

• A) Tell me about a situation when you have to teach your self new thing to solve a problem.
      B) What you do if you can't solve a problem by your self.
      C) Write a code to automate a soccer game.
      D) What is your Biggest strength.
      E) Do you like team work and why?
      F) Where do you see your self in the future?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Behavioral Questions mostly. It was mostly based on how well you could be trained through their program and the personality that you have and whether or not it matches the company profile.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 principles of object oriented languages?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Skype call covers the technologies which were added in the resume and complete project flow Why to use only these technologies, asks about deployments and why uhg etc etc

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Detroit, MI (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was lasted about 45 minutes on webex. He asked for lot of technical questions. Most of them were front-end questions. He gave the feedback at the end of the interview itself. Still waiting for the decision. They asked plenty of technical questions and there were three guys taking interview at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about AngularJS. Job description was all about covering front-end and back-end but all they asked is about Front-end.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.