UnitedHealth Group Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

UnitedHealth Group Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.7

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

The first step is to apply online. Then If they like your resume, they will send you a test to take, which is very easy. If you pass the test, you will get a phone interview. If things go well there, you will get an onsite interview. They use Behavioral interview techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Concord, NC (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, received an email the next day for an interview. Interviewed with two staff. One staff interviewed me with someone else. She asked about his availability and when he had restrictions, she let him go immediately. Tell them you're available anytime! It was a very short interview. It was very easy. Just answer a few basic questions and then you're hired on the spot. Do a urine test right after interview.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter, I scheduled a phone interview, I was then asked to come in to for an assessment. After the assessment I received a call for an in person interview. After my interview I was called a few days later and offered the job.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

easy to schedule the interview, felt very comfortable and easy to talk with the interviewer, easy to get to the interview, very accommodating to my schedule. interview did not take long at about one hour at most.

Interview Questions

• question regarding ethical situations   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Kingston, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, laid back, don't have to think much. It's a joke! Tell them your a TEAM player. You like to help others. Don't reveal to much let her ask the questions and you briefly answer.

Interview Questions

• She said they are a TEAM!! Says doesn't deal with drama! And if you had to how would you handle it.   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in November 2014.

Interview

The position called for a webcam interview. Questions where put on screen and then you had few seconds to compose your answer before the recording would start. There where five or so of these questions. I personally am not a fan of webcam interviews. They feel very impersonal. There was a follow-up phone interview after a few days.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when something was not what you originally thought it was, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Very long process. Online application, then an online assessment. A phone interview followed by an in person interview. After the interviews an assessment was scheduled at the facility. It was very difficult for me to schedule all of the interviews and assessments while I was employed at another company. A lot of work to go through for a call center job that does not pay well.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Tonawanda, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

After I filled out the online application on the United website the following things happened, but I don't remember the order: online assessment of skills and personality, received an e-mail asking me to pick a day for an on-site assessment within the online scheduling system, picked a day to go in for an assessment. I believe I also had to expand on the information I'd filled out in the initial application.

Onsite assessment took about 1-1.5 hrs. Went over the info we'd already submitted about work and school history, they explained what training is like, what the job consists of, pay range, we signed some papers, etc. Once that happened we did an assessment on the computer that saw what your skills are with using a computer and picking the best responses to say to the customers. The assessment uses a simulator with prerecorded responses that you pick the best one of, lets you input information, etc. You wear headphones and listen to what is happening and follow along.

Once I was done with the assessment, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview a couple days later since I did so well on the computer part. The in-person was 1-on-1 with the same guy who administered the computer assessment, and it took about an hour. We went over my work history, then he asked about 5 situational questions in regard to how I had handled certain situations with customers/co-works. They want specific times when these situations happened, not an explanation of what you would do if they happened. As I was there the guy apologized that he didn't just do this part on the phone...so I guess this part could be a phone interview or in-person.

Later in the day after my 1-on-1 I got a phone call asking me to come in for a final interview the following week. Was asked to bring a copy of my resume with me.

When I went in for my final interview I sat down with two people. One was a supervisor of the area, another was his boss. They asked me more situational questions, a little more in-depth than the other ones. They also explained more about the training and the day-to-day work. Asked if I had any questions about the job. And the big one, "why united healthcare"...know that answer, know why you applied and why you want to work there; why is it a good fit for you? and what are you a good fit for them?

After this final interview was done (it was on a Friday), they told me that I would hear from them early in the beginning of the next week as they had to go over the applications as a management team and make decisions on who to offer for. I would either get a phone call with an offer, or an e-mail saying they were not hiring me. I got a phone call that Monday in the afternoon with the offer. Once I said yes to the offer, the HR person I spoke to explained there would be e-mails I needed to deal with to get the background check started. You need to do this within 24 hours of accepting the offer. Once you do the background check and labor law stuff you will end up getting an e-mail about getting your drug test in the next 24 hours. Once you get the drug test info you have 48 hours to get that done or else the offer of employment will be pulled.

After this you just have to wait for the background check and drug test to come back. If you know you can pass these, you have no need to worry once the offer is made. The job is yours.

Advice: make sure you dress professionally for all parts of the interview, even the assessment. As someone who has been a manager in the past and interviewed plenty of people: It matters what kind of impression you make from the beginning. I wore dress pants with a button down under a sweater for the assessment, nice shoes, a nice coat. Dress like it is an actual interview. For the other two parts I wore a suit. If you have a suit you should wear it, or dress pants and a jacket at the very least for the interviews.

Impression of the company: everyone was very friendly. I had to wait for about 10 minutes for each part of the process beyond when I was scheduled, but this is normal, I wasn't surprised and it wasn't too long to be made to wait. The people who were just walking back and forth to their work areas from breaks or whatever seemed to have smiles on their faces. They do casual Fridays. A friend works there and he is happy with it. Training process seems to be very extensive...14 weeks, set schedule except for having to work at night two times during it. After that you do shift bidding based on performance, attendance, etc. Shift bidding happens every 3 months. The site I will be working at is only open 8am-8pm Mon-Friday. They provide shift differentials if you work after 6pm or are willing to work a floating schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use your technical expertise to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you helped a stranger, why did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process for me. When we had the assessment they told us the range for the hourly pay rate, explained that it was based on how much experience you have. I had a ton of experience, and made it clear during the 1-on-1 I expected that I would be offered the highest pay rate based on that. The HR person seemed to concur with me. When I got the call offering me the job I was offered the highest amount you can start off at for the position. I don't know how it would have gone if they didn't think that I should get the highest amount, they certainly could have tried to pay me less, I was unemployed and they could have taken a chance and offered less.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Southfield, MI (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Applied, received an email asking me to complete an assessment test, was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview, had phone interview and was scheduled for a 1 on 1 interview and additional assessment test. I was offered a conditional position if anyone that was hired dropped out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you witnessed an unethical situation in the office? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Unitedhealth Group?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

applied online, received call to setup the phone interview the next day. H?Re interview included brief background of position. questons reviewed experience and expected salary. received a call next day to interview with peer and cooedinator. currently waiting for next call which would be with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.