Uber Uber Expert Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Uber Uber Expert Interview Questions

Interviews at Uber

2.3

Uber Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I completed a test online and then scheduled a phone interview with an Uber recruiter. She called me 15-20 minutes late and provided no apology or explanation (clearly she feels her time is more valuable than mine), asked me questions such as where I live (which is odd since my address was on my application and resume and I was applying for a role in the city where I live), and then asked what my last salary was. When I told her, she said that Uber intended to pay less than that and I was better off looking for another job.

She was incredibly rude and pretentious and cut me off repeatedly. Seems fitting with what I read online about the horrific culture at Uber.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uber

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

online application, phone interview, and face-to-face interview. Interview process was really simple and quick. They were late to start my interview though (about 20 minutes late) I didn't like that, because I had to go somewhere, so that kind of allowed me to see what I would be expecting when I got hired.

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uber (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very easy application process. A recruiter from San Fransisco contacted me and conducted a phone screening. I was set up with an interview date and provided some helpful pointers and what kind of employee they were looking for as well as some skills I should highlight if they applied to me.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle situations that may be complex really quickly? Please provide an example...   Answer Question

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Uber (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially the interview was supposed to be at 1 PM Mountain Time but did not receive the call for the interview until 5 PM Mountain Time because he had a conference call, which sounds realistic but at the same time it doesn't because he and I scheduled the time via Calendly or some calendar app along that word. He said the interview was great, but had to check with his senior managers and see if my time availability is good for the company, but I haven't heard back from them. How long does this normally take?

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (South Miami, FL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was a short and easy process, I received a phone interview, then I completed and exercise, then I had a personal interview and final they send me the offer, As soon as I accepted the offers i started the training, It was a easy process

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Uber?   1 Answer

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

My interview process was a little different because I was in Denmark for a few weeks, but it consisted of all phone interviews. When I received an offer, it was supposed to be over the phone, but they emailed me because of the time difference.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you handled a difficult moment.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you completed a deadline.   1 Answer

Uber Expert Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and received an interview invitation in a couple of days. It started off with a phone interview with a recruiter and consisted of basic interview questions (why? tell me about...etc.). The second round was an assessment which essentially tests your customer services skills and analyzes how you would deal with certain scenarios (80% multiple choice) and a few short answers on how you would respond to a customer.

For the last round I was invited for an in person interview and was given a tour of the facility and internal operations. Was pretty cool and interviewer was very laid back. It's not a difficult process and just be yourself and be passionate about tech and people!

Interview Questions

• - Why Uber?
      - Tell me about a time you had to confront a difficult customer
      - Why customer service?   Answer Question

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was was very professional;The interviewee greeted me with a handshake, she provided me with the job description, and follow up with 1 on 1 engagement about who I was, What I knew about the company, and what I could bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• What drives you to get up and come to work in the morning?   1 Answer

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening that lasted 15-20 minutes and they ask what do you know about uber, and a big focus on customer service and how you handle situations. From there you get invited to an in-person interview at a "green light center" and this is where the interview went from good to horrible. The green light centers are basically trailers or tents in parking lots with tables and people working on MacBooks (looks like you provide your own) It was a complete shock and disappointment. The woman that interviewed me when I got to the in-person interview asked me nothing about my qualifications or anything, but instead immediately went into the job description.

Basically you sit there and new drivers come there to submit documents and you upload them. That was the basis for the job. I declined the job at the interview and left.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Uber?   1 Answer

Uber Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was really awful. It was like the recruiting team was confused, disorganized, and redundant. There was a human element to it in the sense I got to speak to an actual human, but it wasn't very human. It is an incredibly simple job, which I am more than qualified for, so I asked for feedback when I was rejected. To my surprise, the recruiter (Allie Nelch) said she would call and tell me what the hiring manager (Erika Bouza) said—we even scheduled an appointment for the call. On the call, she just told me that they appreciated my time and couldn't really give feedback. The whole thing was incredibly patronizing and duplicitous.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell a potential Uber driver who could not figure out how to download the app?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.