USAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at USAA

1,114 Interview Reviews

2.8

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Total waste of time, contacted on LinkedIn & asked for a resume told specifically what jobs to apply for & then when I did I was told they only hire internal referrals- wait WHAT??? The recruiters must have numbers to make or something. Don't bother

Interview Questions

• asked background, assuming to get interest so you apply to get up the numbers   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

waste of time. I'm glad they didn't call me because I got internship at a much better company . They only consider referrals; they are not very smart. Invest your time on a better places

Customer Experience Owner Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Waste of time. The recruiters are fishing for resumes.

They contacted me via LinkedIn requesting a conversation with the hiring manager. I provided a resume and they flipped and said the hiring manager was looking at other candidates. The information was the same as what is on LinkedIn. Seems like they were trying to hit their search quotas and weren’t serious.

Senior ETL Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USAA in June 2020.

Interview

I applied via USAA career for a Senior ETL Engineer position at San Antonio, TX, then I received the call from the Recruiter to setup an initial fitment. First round was the HR and then second round was with the hiring manager and all the seniors/leads, a team of 5. Two days later, received the call from HR that saying my candidacy stands out from rest, I will have my final interview with the team of 7 via Skype for two hours. Final round was the same 5 out of 7 people who did my previous round of interview. it was exhausting, non-stop questioning, various scenarios, mixed technology questions and STAR based behavioral. Overall I did pretty well based on my relevant experience and the background, the certifications I have and I come from for a very large reputed organizations and was honestly speaking. Challenge is all the panel got to like your answer.

After a week, I get the "standard" email from HR saying we ensure a competitive process in which several candidates are considered. At this time, we have decided to pursue a candidate whose qualifications more closely match the needs of the position.

Interviewing many candidates until the final round is not a healthy process. there should be some filter on the very first round of interview. Also, it should not be crowded rather interview should split into two half of 2 panel each hour or so.

It was disappointing but I guess I was in wrong place, where I was not valued. USAA is a great company with great benefits. We just need to find the right team and culture to join in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received an email to take an assessment test that lasts about 1 hour. Once finished, received another email from a recruiter wanting to setup a time for a phone interview. The interview was the recruiter asking about background, going through your resume and then asked a few questions about experience. Look into STAR model of interview questions and it will help you prepare beforehand.

If you pass the phone interview, the recruiter will setup a time for an in-person/skype/phone interview with two hiring managers. The managers I interviewed with were very nice and knew a lot about the company as well as what they wanted out of a candidate. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and they asked two STAR model questions, Why USAA? and then a role play session. It sounds intimidating but the role play is very helpful for you and the managers in how you handle a situation as well as adapt to selling a product based on the info given and what you get out of the customer.

Interview Questions

• Why USAA?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time that you had to persuade someone into buying your product and earn your trust?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (San Antonio, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online about 30 days ago and was sent the assessment 2 days after applying. The assessment was pretty basic questions and was timed for 8 minutes. There is no possible way to finish the assessment in 8 minutes so think it was to judge how many questions you could get through within that time frame. About a week later I received an email stating I had made it to the next step of a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview was very easy mostly the recruiter explaining the job, pay and benefits. She asked me a couple questions about myself and my resume. She did ask me a couple of STAR model questions as well. Pretty basic interview questions. At the end of the phone interview she stated she wanted to move me forward and schedule a phone interview with the hiring managers. I was called a few days later to set up a time about a week later. I had the 2nd interview today and like most stated there are two people on the line, one to take notes, and the other does the interviewing. Interviewer was easy to speak to and asked more pretty standard STAR questions. She also went in depth about what promotions look like and daily life in this specific role. At the end they have you do a role play to see how you adept to up selling a product. Feedback is given at the end of the role play in regard to how you did. She stated i should hear back in about a week. Overall great experience. I will update again if offer comes through. 🤞🏻

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

The interview process was not too challenging, they definitely want to test your basic background in programming knowledge. I wasn't as prepared as I liked but the interviewers were friendly and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Create an process that goes through an array and reorders items within the array using pseudo-code.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Colorado Springs, CO (US)).

Interview

Applied to position then a week later was sent an assessment test. About 2-3 weeks later received a call stating I passed the test and was scheduled for a phone interview with recruiter where I was told more about the company and position and asked a few questions. About a week later I was contacted again and informed that hiring manager wanted to move me forward in the process and was set up for another phone interview with two hiring managers a week later which is still pending at this time.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of a time when you had to sway a person or customer in your favor with regards to customer service?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at USAA.

Interview

It’s tough, but we’ll worth the effort. Be candid and understand that the company is looking for the right fit based on company mission. Do not be lazy when submitting cover letter, resume or following up. The details matter.

Interview Questions

• An intelligence test was administered. I found this surprising.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USAA (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Very easy interview process with recruiter first, then about a week or two later you interview with two managers. The second interview involves role play. Not too difficult. Just prepare with normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.