Cover image for US Department of the Interior

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

US Department of the Interior Interview Questions

Updated 2 Jun 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Department of the Interior

US Department of the Interior

Application

I interviewed at US Department of the Interior

Interview

The interview process was biased. It was clear that there was no real attempt to really hire or include people of color. The interview panel was not diverse and the tone of the panelists quickly informed me that I would not be selected.

Interview Questions
  • I cannot remember any of the questions - it was more an issue of how the questions were asked and the body language given in response.
    Answer Question

US Department of the Interior

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior

Interview

Honors Program. One interview with a panel of about 5 attorneys from different offices within the Office of the Solicitor. They reached out a few weeks after applications through USAJOBS closed. I did only one interview; they intended to make offers based on either the first round or a subsequent round.

Interview Questions
  • Interesting legal issue you’ve worked on; why Interior; why work in government; what motivates you / what do you find fulfilling in your work; would you be capable of working for an administration whose priorities don’t align with yours; if you were a kind of bird, what bird would you be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Home, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Home, KS) in Aug 2021

Interview

They asked 12 questions, about one-third of which directly related to the job duties; the other questions were of the "Tell us about a time where you resolved a conflict at work" ilk.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about a time where you resolved a conflict at work.
  • Q: Tell us about a time you disagreed with your supervisors.
1 person found this interview helpful

US Department of the Interior

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior

Interview

Initial application was on paper, followed by a 4-part assessment - reading comprehension, personal assessment (are you more like A or B), workplace judgement, and a series of logic questions, including LSAT-style logic games.

Interview Questions
  • The assessment questions are generally easy, but the workplace judgement questions were odd, and the logic games were difficult. Be prepared for that.

US Department of the Interior

Application

I interviewed at US Department of the Interior

Interview

Phone interview, then in person interview in DC in the headquarters office. There was a panel of five attorneys that you interview in front of. There is supposed to be a second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Seattle, WA) in Sept 2019

Interview

Panel interview conducted virtually with each panelist asking questions. Straightforward behavioral questions and ethical hypotheticals. Needed to discuss examples of past work experience and a time where you handled a conflict at work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of the Interior

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior in Jul 2018

Interview

Phone interview with 3 interviewers. No in person interview. It was very difficult and awkward as there is no way to see reactions of answers or get a feel for how the process went. very straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (New York, NY) in Nov 2017

Interview

I was emailed within three weeks. Once I was emailed, we spoke about a convenient time to speak to each other on the phone. It was a week later that we spoke on the phone and had the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at US Department of the Interior (Las Vegas, NV)

Interview

The interview process was not difficult at all the staff were all very kind and accommodating. My interviewer who was the legal specialist asked me a bit about myself as standard interviewers do, and asked why I am interested in the position, how does my experience relate to the job, and why am I excited about working in the legal field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Department of the Interior

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Department of the Interior

Interview

You are asked about your previous work experience, as well as how you handle day-to-day situations that can be stressful in nature. As long as you have experience dealing with a high volume of people and are able to keep your cool and professional at all times, then you will get the job.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time in your life that you had to overcome an obstacle
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews

Popular Careers with US Department of the Interior Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at US Department of the Interior? Share Your Experiences

US Department of the Interior logo

US Department of the Interior Photos

+ Add Photo
US Department of the Interior photo of: Department of the Interior Exterior  (Photo thanks to Flickr user dmvcomics All rights reserved.)
US Department of the Interior photo of: US Department of the Interior/National Park System watermark at Bandelier National Monument  (Photo thanks to Flickr user chrissam42, available under by-nc v2.0)
US Department of the Interior photo of: United States Department of the Interior's South Building  (Photo thanks to Flickr user cliff1066, available under by v2.0)
US Department of the Interior photo of: A wonderful trail all the way!  (Photo thanks to Flickr user moosepics, available under by-nc-nd v2.0)

Have you worked here?