Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Twitter

1,007 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Boulder, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall, really positive interview experience.

Had an initial call with the hiring manager, did a great job explaining the "why" of the project and team.

Technical phone interview on HackerRank, pretty typical coding exercise, medium to hard difficulty.

On-site interview had two more coding exercises, one was really challenging and the other was very simple, as well as a system design interview, and then lastly a leadership/behavioral interview. Throughout the interviews, everyone was very friendly and engaged, not combative like some other places I've interviewed. I also had lunch with a few folks not on the interview panel, food and conversation were both great.

Throughout the entire process, from the first call to the offer negotiation, my recruiters were exceptional. I felt valued, informed, and welcomed.

Suggestion: highly recommend reviewing Twitter's existing architecture in prep for the system design, lot of good videos and articles on the web that would through parts of it.

Only negative is that each team's interview process seems different, so YMMV, and my experience doesn't reflect the same as other people I know that have interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Questions

• Interval coding questions   3 Answers
    • Design a portion of Twitter's architecture.   4 Answers

Legal Interview

Interview

Short, a lot of talking from the interviewer without much asking of my qualifications and resume. the interviewer seemed to have already made decision before interview somehow, so the interview was also pretty short.

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Took them at least 3 months to reject my application after completion of the initial assessment round.
    I got 2 automated emails in between the period saying my application is still in consideration and one day they just sent the rejection without any calls or interaction.
    You should not keep the candidate's hopes up for such a long period and then reject the application without proper communication.

Interview Questions

• The initial round was just a couple of hacker rank challenges   Answer Question

SDE-New Grad Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. It came to campus to collect the resume and to guide where to apply. twitter.uo I studied at california state university east bay in Computer science.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself in a minute.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

- Initial chat with a hiring manager

- Technical phone screen

- Multiple interviews with 2 people on each spanning front end, backend, system design and behavioral.

Everybody I spoke with was incredibly motivated, cheerful and happy to be talking to me. They seemed passionate about the work they are doing and made me feel super comfortable talking to them. Before the interview, an interview prep assignee chats with you for about 15 minutes to let you know what to expect - this helped a lot. By far the most positive experience I have had interviewing. It helps that every single person I spoke to was going to be on the team I was interviewing for - so it felt more personal than getting judged by some random person I would never see again.

Everybody from the hiring manager to the recruiter to the interviewers were just fantastic. Highly recommend going through the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had an initial call with him and he setup an interview with the hiring manager. This team is based in SF.

Surprisingly like what others said here, the interviewing team is not friendly at all. The manager was very knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about but he was not friendly at all. He kept talking for 20+ minutes about himself and Twitter right from the start without even exchanging any pleasantaries. Then he started asking me some questions; mostly behavorial. For one of them, I was asked "describe a time when you did X and what did you do about it". I said it has certainly happened but I can't recall such an incident right now. That was it. He wrapped it up, said thank you, and hung up before I could finish saying anything. Honestly, this whole alpha male thing in the valley is a huge turn-off.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about this team? What was the most important contribution you made recently? What were the challenges?   Answer Question

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online with no prior working experience as a sophomore student in college. Got a coding challenge that needs to be finished within 2 weeks of notice, finished under 30 min, but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions

• Coding question with C, C++, python, or Java of your choice. Plus a SQL question   Answer Question

Brand Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The interview process had four phases. First, I had an initial phone screening with HR. The second step was a phone interview with my eventual Manager. The third step was a series of 30 min interviews with the team, there were four total. And finally there was a presentation to the full team. I presented to an audience of 15 people.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite brands on Twitter and why?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

While I did meet some great people during this process, overall I cannot recommend the experience. The recruiters were disorganized and often failed to send critical updates unless prompted (this happened more than once, at different stages of the interview).

One of the interviewers was very unfriendly and aggressive (did not smile once during the interview) -- I'm not really sure why. This individual asked exclusively behavioral questions, and I answered honestly, to the best of my ability, but it didn't seem to be what they were looking for. I also got the sense that some people on the team were unhappy. While Twitter touts their employee friendliness, my takeaway is that there is a lot of internal politics and a confrontational work environment, at least on the team I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• I signed a NDA so unfortunately I cannot share, but please be prepared for behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then a live SQL coding session. Didn't get past the SQL coding interview, though the process was a positive one overall.

Interview Questions

• Intermediate to high-level SQL questions   1 Answer

Data Science Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in May 2020.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. Very well organized interview process with Twitter - I enjoyed meeting everyone (I met total around 8 people). My recruiter from Twitter was great: helpful and supportive!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.