Tripadvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Tripadvisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Tripadvisor

2.9

Executive Recruiter Interview

Interview

I just have to say, when someone takes the time to apply for your jobs. Writes the cover letter, tailors their resume, and is in fact qualified, and you reject them within moments of receiving the application, I find it beyond rude. I do this for a living and I do not reject people immediately. I want them to feel valued. I would never apply here again.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

5 Nov 2020

Thank you for providing your constructive feedback. It is unfortunate that you feel your experience during the application process was unsatisfactory regarding the timing. We strive to have our team review applications and resume submittals on a daily basis, as we feel it is very important to provide transparency to our candidates on the status of their applications. Please reach out if you would like to speak further.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in November 2020.

Interview

-Video call with the hiring manager
    -Video calls with 5 team members and stakeholders (30-45 minutes each) spread over a few days

Never heard back from the company after completing the final round of the interview process. They didn't even have the courtesy to send an automated rejection email from their applicant tracking system - just completely ghosted.

Knew I had been exited from their candidate pipeline after I received an invitation to complete a "candidate experience survey" from Greenhouse.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

24 Nov 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We strive to ensure that each candidate is treated respectfully throughout the process, and we are disappointed to hear that this was not the case in your experience. We will use the notes you left to continuously improve our process, and if you’d like to discuss anything further, please feel free to reach out.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

Had a phone screen interview asking coding question and ML question, followed by a take-home project focusing on machine learning and classification. They give you some data, labeled and ask you to train a classifier on that.

Interview Questions

• Given their data, you are asked to do classification task   1 Answer

19 Oct 2020

Thank you for your feedback and application with us. We wish you all the best in your search.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

interview process is good and interviewer is friendly, my interviewer is here is active and professional, also give me some overviews about working in TripAdvisor. The questions are basic Software Development Engineer questions. java data structure algorithm questions

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

19 Oct 2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience and wish you all your best in your search ahead.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I submitted my resume via a campus recruited and was contacted the next week to set up a video interview with someone in the department. The next step was a second video interview, this time with the head of the department.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

Great job by the HR recruitment team but not the hiring team. After taking interviews for external candidates, they advised that they would be considering internal candidates (defies logic). Was a painstaking and lengthy wait.

Interview Questions

• General questions about the role and style of working etc.   Answer Question

Director, CRM Interview

Interview

Didnt get past the application. Completely put off after being asked gender at birth then gender now, sexuality and if I'm a member of the LGBTQ community. Completely inappropriate and in no way relevant to the role or ability to perform the job functions.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

26 Jun 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. The questions that you referenced are completely voluntary disclosures, and as such, candidates choose to voluntarily answer or not. As explained in the application, this information allows us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and level. This information is not considered in the hiring process or thereafter. We always welcome and are appreciative of feedback, as it helps us grow as an organization as we continue our diversity journey.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A Take home assignment, phone interview and then on-site. Overall the process was very smooth and everybody I interacted with was very positive to the point that I was surprised to not have received an offer. When I asked for more, they said one of my interviewers weren't happy with the amount of time I took discussing the question with him, but I had no indication of that in the interview itself

Interview Questions

• the home assignment was a pretty straightforward task that could be implemented in variety of ways. They were looking for efficiency and future functionality probably. Overall I'd say takes 2 hours max.   Answer Question
    • One of the onsite questions was about best way of preserving the max of an incoming stream in the most space efficient way under different scenarios.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The first interview is a quick 20 minute phone call. The second interview you listen in on some phone calls, and then have a 1 hour interview that includes a sales roleplay.

Interview Questions

• If I wrote an autobiography, what would be the name of it?   1 Answer

Inside S Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter on the phone who was really nice and straight forward. That day she offered me another interview for a second round. She told me about the companies culture, which was really helpful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.