The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

The Home Depot Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen person texted me late at night (after 10pm) on a weekday and called a few minutes after I responded, which seems pretty unprofessional but he's an HR person so I don't really hold the company responsible.

Interview Questions

• Adamant about me having above a 3.4 GPA.   1 Answer
  • Asked about side projects and experience with java.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted by a Senior recruiter, Korinne Powell. She asked me about my projects and some basic resume questions. I was then called for an onsite interview followed by a phone screen. Throughout the interview process, Korinne was very kind and helpful with her prompt responses and I do believe we need more recruiters like her, she made the whole interview process easier for me . And the interviewers were really experienced and were understanding. Overall it was a very positive experience thanks to their excellent recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at The Home Depot?   16 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, waited a couple of days before HR contacted me. Specified a time period for the interview. One phone interview (mainly because I already knew my recruiter at the time) was all it took.

Interview Questions

• Given two arrays, find two numbers (one in each array) that add up to 9.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Worst interview process I've experienced. Recruiter calls me and asks me basic questions. Then tells me what I need to learn to get the interview? Very odd. They then asked to schedule the interview, 1.5 months in advance. I accepted out of sheer curiosity. They never called back and I assume the interview never happened.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with moving into management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Got the job description from the recruiter. Was scheduled for a phone interview with the program manager. The interview was a mix of behavior questions and some basic Java core questions. Seem like they look for someone who has experience with RESTful services.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The initial phone screen took a couple of weeks from applying. Then there was a video interview about a week from the initial phone screen. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly about my past work experience etc during the phone screen. The video interview consisted of answering what I've done during different scenarios   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. After I week, I went to have an on-site interview. It was a group interview which has two parts. First was about the UML diagram. The second was about scrambled codes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was phone interview with the recruiter.
    The second interview is 2 group interview activities. First one was to put scrambled code in order and the other one was to design a class.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen from a recruiter, then an invitation for a video interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter. I live in the same city as the Home Depot worksite, so this seemed very odd. I signed on and chatted with the recruiter while the manager tried to get his act together enough to join the session, eventually he gave up. But the recruiter had sat through enough of these to ask me some of the usual questions in his place, which I thought was even more odd.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about pair programming? This has been a deal breaker for people we have talked to previously.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen asking about prior experience and comb through resume

Then invited onsite for group setting interview. Involved code challenge and system design challenge.

Given offer about a week later

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.