The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Scheduled an interview online, when I got there they said they weren’t ready and come back later. I called them to schedule a different time and they said they couldn’t do any other times.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Two rounds of a 30-minute interview. Mostly behavioral interview questions with a mini-case. However, they emailed me the day before, saying there will be no cases. But on the day of interview, I still received two cases, which I did not do very well on.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Overall the interview process was professional. I had to complete questionnaires online and in person they asked several questions. The interview went well, it was pretty much just hour average job interview

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bolingbrook, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The shift and job was explained to me. I Was asked 3 questions about how I would handle a situation. Still have not responded to me after they said they would call me back in a week.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got an email saying I've been selected to move forward and to click on a link for a quick questionnaire. It said it was a full-time position and asked me if that was ok. I hit yes because I need full time. I get a call the next day to come in for an interview. The guy was nice and he told me about the job and did a quick interview. He had this paper printed off of my questionnaire and asked me if all of it looked good still. I said yes. He said he is going to go ahead and get the approval to hire me. He takes off in the back for about 4 minutes. He comes back and says that the position is actually part time and if I was ok with that. He then tries to explain that they want to start me off and see how I do..... as if I might not be able to handle the job.....No idea if that was the real case or if it was typical bait and switch from a retail store. No respect for their candidates and just like to waste everyone's time. I declined the position and had a lesson learned to never apply to Home Depot again. I had applied years ago for a loss prevention job and they bait and switched me before but at least it was on the phone and not in person unlike this.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you like working in a team?
      2) Name a time you had to be very detailed.
      3) Are you good with technology?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Chandler, AZ (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Short interview, asked about past experience and if i can work the hours. Very basic interview and explained the hiring process and what was expected with the job. Pay was extremely low.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Cuyahoga Falls, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was a few minutes late, wasn’t a big deal. What was a big deal was when they told me that the position I was supposed to be interviewing for had already been filled. So they had me broaden my application to include cashier, I got back and get interviewed by a different person, and they told me that there were no cashier positions available, but that I should further broaden my application to include sales! After the interview, they told me that they had another round of hiring happening on Thursday and that they would call if I put my name up for sales. I was very excited about this interview but I don’t believe that I want to work for a company who blindly hires before meeting all applicants.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked you a question, and you didn’t know the answer, what would you do?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Blaine, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

It was one interview and a walk thru of a typical work day. They offered me the position and I accepted. I then had to take an oral drug test at that time.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The merchandising manager conducted the interview. He was very friendly and professional. First he talked about the job, the hours and generally what the job entails. Then he walked me through, step by step, a sample of what they do. Comparing the planagrams to what is in the aisle, and using the handheld technology.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this job?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Columbia, MD (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was not very long. Ask about my job history and a couple of simple questions. My interview was pretty much a two-parter with the ASM (assistant store manager) and a DH (department head). The ASM asked typical interview questions like "What ways have you gone up and beyond for a customer before?" While the DH interview was pretty much her reading a script and I'm answering questions that she then writes down

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.