The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

The Home Depot Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at The Home Depot

2.1

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Beaumont, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

To be honest i had a very easy interview. I knew a current merchandiser and that it is why i got the job, not to say that I'm not a good or hard working individual but this was 2012 and times were tough. their were a lot of people applying for this poison but i had an in. to get the interview i Applied on at homedepot.com and a few days later i got an email to setup an interview. They Drug tested me, did a back round check And interviewed me. The interview was one on one.

Interview Questions

• To be honest i had a very easy interview. I knew a current merchandiser and that it is why i got the job, not to say that I'm not a good or hard working individual but this was 2012 and times were tough. their were a lot of people applying for this poison but i had an in. i got hired on as part time and worked very hard and earned a full-time position. A lot of the interview questions started off with what would you do if or in this situation how would you handle it.
    1Q. If a co-worker is bullying you or making you uncomfortable, how would you handle it.
    1A. I would take a step back and try to easy the situation.
    2Q. If you see a items on the floor as you help a customer, would continue to helping the customers or pick up the items first?
    2A. pick up the item because its a safety hazarded.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations on anything

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Simple interview with a lot of situational questions. How would you interact with customers? How would you approach a project? Simple questions really. Just dont answer like an idiot and you will get the job.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online got a email a week later saying they will contact me to have a phone interview.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Hamilton, NJ (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview process. They just want to know if you have some experience in the area. And if you are able to perform the job on a daily basics. After that, they will call you to let you know if you have been selected or not, in few days later

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question would be regarding your driving background, if you have any ticket or mayor motor vehicle infraction.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out online app on a Thurs, was emailed Friday to contact Retail staffing center for more questions. I called Vs waiting for them to contact me. Was a automated system to begin with once you answer those questions (I assume the way they are looking for you to) you are transferred to a "Live" phone interviewer.

Went through a series of questions (This is the starting pay, Have transportation, these are the hours etc) once this section ended asked me if I had any questions. Asked my question which caught them off guard and they stumbled their way through the answer.

Has been close to a week with no further communication to date.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, basics what can you bring to Home Depot team, Name a time when .....   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

The "Interview" was very ambiguous. It was more of a formality. I was pretty much over qualified for the position, but they needed people and I needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you had to deal with merchandise.   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Anaheim Hills, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

it was one of the best interview process's I ever had. got in 15 minutes early, had a great conversation with the trainees while waiting and went in for the interview. there were two people in the room; the hiring manager and the store manager. they were relaxed and very positive. I felt a good vibe from the start. they asked me around 5 real easy questions and ended the interview with a good joke and an offer.

the most important thing is to smile a lot and laugh if somethings funny. good vibes go a long way. ohh and relax.

Interview Questions

• if you have a project like a display model to complete but you are running out of time and a customer comes in asking for assistance what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

usually whatever you put as your highest past hourly wage they will offer to you. or aleast something close.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2009.

Interview

Even though it was a merchandising position, the interview consisted of a few role playing questions about customer service. Example "how would you help a customer looking to buy gloves?" I was also asked about my greatest strength, my experience in merchandising.

Interview Questions

• Role Play: "How would you help a customer with gloves?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate but that was 2008, I got at least $2.00 more an hour than what they listed

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

After applying online, it took about two to two and a half weeks for them to contact me. They sent a detailed email telling me that they reviewed my application and that the staffing center (in ATL, GA) would call me for a phone interview. Surprisingly, I received a call from them 10 minutes later. The woman conducting the interview was very down to earth and made it extremely easy to talk to her. As soon as the interview was over she immediately set a 1:1 interview in the store which I applied. That interview was extremely easy as well. They mainly focus on problem solving skills and customer service. By the environment of the store, I could automatically tell what they were looking for. After my interview, the interviewer took the results to his SM (store manager) and they gave me the job on the spot.

They pay based on retail experience; you don't need to know much about your required position because they put you through training once you start. I'd also advise that you be ready to go take a drug test right after. They give you 48 hours to return your results, which really means 24 hours since they count the interview date. The company overall seemed great, no problems what so ever!

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were helping a customer who was really indecisive about which item to chose and the customer behind them (with a more expensive item) started to get annoyed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Renton, WA (US)).

Interview

Applied online through their website & was surprised by the prompt return of interest.
    There automated system had me answer a few general questions about my availability and over all interests in the job description.

This lead to the in person interview, It was all pretty quick & orderly; I didnt have a lot of confidence in the online/automated system at first, but over all no complaints

Interview Questions

• 4am startup for Merchandising position   2 Answers

Too far away for metro to get me there on time

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.