Interview Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Amazon

Tell me about a time when you had to leave a task unfinished.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

7 Answers

Because I was bored AF and the task was a complete waste of time.

Anan on

I don't care of time when my task is infront of me because when i leave it will be hard next time

Anonymous on

do it the next day or assign it your colleague as a favor

raj on

It was a time in my previous company, which was a VAS company for mobile apps, where i joined as Delivery Manager. There i was given a project to create a mobile app for " Song Search". I was really excited to own the end to end delivery of the project. The product was to search the songs in app based upon Genre, artist, language, popularity and trending. In this app the user is asked to search the songs of their choice based upon above criteria. Being a enthusiastic DM, i asked development engg team to add Name tone search too and convey the same to Accounts team. It was few days before the final release, i was informed by engg team that DB is not taking the load of this feature rich app, so we need to sort out it ASAP. I called a last minute meeting with all the stakeholders and explained the issue, after brainstorming, we came to conclusion to launch the product with MVP solution and then add the more feature in later releases. With the help of development team, we tested the MVP product in Beta release and succeed. As a lesson learnt, i became more conscious of the actual requirement by asking more and more question in requirement gathering phase and work on MVP version first, followed by adding features in next phases.

Smriti on

Interesting question

doing something unethical

Jo Willy on

Tricky question, lots of potential follow ups!

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.