Swiss Re Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Swiss Re Interview Questions

Interviews at Swiss Re

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

The company is very quick in terms of getting arranging for phone interviews, face to face etc. Over the course of three weeks, three interviews were held. The first screening by phone, then in office back to back weeks. The best thing any candidate can do is always be prepared, know the company, know the services and ask questions. Do your homework.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

1. Applied
    2. Phone interview with HR
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager
    4. Phone interview with colleague in current position
    5. Phone interview with upper management
    6. On-site interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview? Name some things you learned about the company...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Happy with the offer. More than I had expected.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee Mission, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Shawnee Mission, KS (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I received an email from Human Resources, set up a time to talk on the phone with Human Resources. Once I talked with Human Resources they then tell the manager if I'd be a good fit for the job. The Human Resources then sets up a time with the manager to meet for a 1 on 1 interview. Once you meet the Manager, you then meet the Supervisor, and a co-worker you would be working with. After the interview they all get together and decide to hire you or not.
    I would really like to work at Swiss Re especially in the Employers Stop Loss department!

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current position. I must sound positive, but it's hard when you don't care for your boss.   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re (New York, NY (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Met with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The experience was terrible. The recruiter was not friendly. Bad bedside manner.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swiss Re.

Interview

I was called in for 2 one-on-one interviews with 2 different low level managers and then a week later called in for another one-on-one interview with the head of the department. It was a fairly easy process but did take a long time for them to call back and make an offer. 3 months from beginning to end.

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

the interview was on campus. Two interviewers with me. Asked general behavioral questions. they were friendly and nice. but the interviewer was not the one on my interview invitation.

Interview Questions

• What is your Excel skills? Describe what you have done using Excel.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Overland Park, KS (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application led to a 20 minute phone interview and then two in-person interviews in their Overland Park, KS office. The first in-person interview went well with the immediate supervisor. The second took place via tele-conference with three different underwriters at another US office. Unfortunately, none of them could provide a sensible picture of what my day to day responsibilities would be, which was a red flag, seeing as how I would have been their assistant. They just couldn't really explain how I'd assist them carry out or learn the underwriting process. I performed well and had excellent, previous administrative experience. Both interviews did not start at the scheduled time and there was confusion on their part both times as to when/where/with whom. I never received notification of the hiring decision until about a month after the second in-person interview, when I received an electronically-generated notification via email. Prior to that I called twice to request a follow-up and never received a response. I performed well during both interviews and was fully qualified for the position. Although they seemed to be highly appraised and competitive, the interview process was unprofessional and rude. I wouldn't interview again.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect you'll be doing on a day to day basis?   1 Answer

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Hartford, CT (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

2 weeks. Applied online. Received an email to set up an appointment with HR. Phone with HR super nice; asked about previous jobs and salary expectation. Phone with Manager for about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Resume, rate your Excel skills, behavioral question about how you prioritize your duties   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Armonk, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with entire department and was given a thorough history of the company. Then they described the departmental needs. Then they asked me about my background. Lastly they asked me if I could describe a situation where I worked on project that exceeded my expectations.

Interview Questions

• My background and wanted to make sure I was up to taking on various tasks.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swiss Re (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 Senior Vice Presidents. Spent roughly 30Mins with each person before moving on to the next. The first 10Mins were them telling me what they did and me introducing myself. The next 10Mins were briefly going over what was expected of the successful candidate and the last 10Mins was filler conversation.