Steel Authority of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Steel Authority of India Interview Questions

Interviews at Steel Authority of India

2.9

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Decent questions, all technical questions, u must know about the company, current affairs, and then ur personal details, u must know something about steel, its current market in global industry, locations and much more

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (New Delhi (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was small which included few technical questions and mostly casual talks. There was a GD involving 3 rounds of half hour each followed by an interview which consisted of 4 members.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself, your hobby, a few questions from training and previous job. The interview was more or less a formality. They mostly recruited through gate rank.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Kolkata (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

I belong to Metallurgical Engineering background. After getting shortlisted for interview, there will be 3 rounds prior to the interview. Group discussion, Prioritization and Case study. Then you will be heading straight to the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will mainly ask about yourself and your project works or internships after going through the copy of your resume. I wasn't asked any technical questions as I had my project work. However, some were asked technical questions. He will definitely check your body language, communication skills and confidence.   1 Answer

Technical Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I was selected in written test for the interview process. The interview process had GD round, Case based discussion round and personal interview. The interview had basic electrical questions and personal questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions related to Electrical branch   1 Answer

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

1st Round included a written exam which is advertised in news papers and website (extensive from under grad course work), The exam centre for 1st round are through out the country. 2nd round after qualifying in 1st round is a personal interview, group discussion and Team based communication skill tests round. The result of first and second rounds are displayed after about a month or a little more of each exam.

Interview Questions

• There were 3 interviewers. They mostly were very friendly and calm. They asked about under graduation training, basic questions from under grad course work. Career plans, about SAIL plants, production, locations, why SAIL, About previous employment.   1 Answer

MT(T) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Bring all original documents as asked. Compliance is must in this regard
    Two rounds of GD, very rowdy participants and shabbily organised. At times you had to shout for attention. Although there were couple of sensible people there as well. Still could have been organised better.
    GD's followed by pannel interview

Interview Questions

• Why join such a massive organisation?
      What are Primary key, Candidate Key etc..
      What do you know about Steel Manufacturing.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (New Delhi (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview was for summer internship for industrial training . I was asked questions on networking, database, sql and my college academics according to my area of interest.Not a stress interview but they did check my knowledge and clarity of concepts.Be through with your resume and you would be through.Good luck.

Technical Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was decent with three rounds. The first round was GD on a very generic topic where fluency and confidence level is checked. The next round is interview on technical parameters (Mechanical engineering questions). The third round was HR based.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join SAIL   Answer Question
    • What is Bernoullis principle   Answer Question
    • Questions on IC engines, Heat transfer, manufacturing processes (forming, rolling), machine design, heat and mass transfer and thermodynamics   Answer Question

Sail MT(Civil) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Three stages:-
    Stage 1-written test of 200 marks.the cutoff was 129 so it was pretty high.get as much marks in written as possible. this is your key to selection.75%weightage.
    Stage 2:-
    Group discussion and group exercise for 30 minutes.1 group discussion
    1 prioritisation exercise
    1 selection exercise
    interview:-very easy .one or at most 2 technical questions. rest hr questions

Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Steel Authority of India (Chennai (India)).

Interview

they had given the selection screening process to an outside consultant. Based on test performance they called for a group discussion and interview. the group discussion was interesting. the overall interview experience and the entire process those days took atleast 2 months.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.