Spongecell Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spongecell

Spongecell

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spongecell in Jun 2017

Interview

This was an interview for their London branch of offices for a 3 month placement to permanent position (grad). There is two stages to the process and this was the first, the second stage involved being given a task to complete/ present. It was a very relaxed atmosphere as the office is very small in london - the interviewees were very friendly and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
  • What skills do you have that are good for this job role?
    Answer Question

Spongecell

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spongecell in Jul 2016

Interview

The interview process was very organized. It consisted of a phone screen with HR and then an in-person interview at the office. During the interview, the position was thoroughly discussed and all responsibilities were made clear. However, most of the interview questions focused on one particular part of the role and did not cover much of past experience. HR was good with following up and not leaving a candidate hanging.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about booking a flight from NYC to London? What would you have to consider first?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spongecell (London, England) in May 2016

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule an initial phone screen a few days after I had applied online. The initial phone call was about 25 minutes. I traded emails with that same person in HR for a few days and then she set up a second call for me to speak with the production manager. That call was about 25 minutes as well and was very smooth and casual. I received an offer a few weeks later. Overall very good communication on their end and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here and I am very glad I accepted the offer to intern for a summer.

Interview Questions
  • Please describe you're experience and how it would relate to this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY) in Apr 2016

Interview

This was a fast process. Recruiter sent me an email requesting an interview the day after I applied. Interview was with the recruiter and the next step was to speak to the employee I would be reporting to. In the end, the position was not the right fit and I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY)

Interview

DId a phone screening, and had some difficulty hearing the interviewer on the other line. The interview itself was an average interview and no challenging questions were asked. The only challenge I had was struggling to hear the questions due to phone connections. Other than that throwing me off, the general experience was great. Interviewer was respectful and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Phone Screening Followed by an in person interview. I met with 2 different people from the department. The total time of the interview was roughly 2 hours. I was asked challenging questions, yet they were relevant to the position and weren't abstract character assessment questions. What I appreciated most was how transparent they were throughout the entire interview process in regards to the job requirements and where they were in deciding between myself and other candidates

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY) in Apr 2015

Interview

A third party recruiter contacted me about the role and scheduled a phone screen with their head of HR. That went well, and I then went to the office to meet with 2 people - one was an executive over the area where this role would sit, and the other would be a direct peer. One of these interviews was very friendly, open and communicative. The other interview was almost like being in front of a firing squad as open ended difficult questions were launched one after the other and there was a clear sense that the interviewer was not satisfied with my answers. I never heard back from the company or the third party recruiter despite following up. I was irritated because the recruiter (from Michael Page) insisted on calling my references right after that face to face interview, apparently without gathering any feedback. I tried to push back, but she insisted that she would not move forward with the process unless I let her call them. I believe she called 3 of them and had substantive conversations with each. Of course that required a lot of contact and prep work for me to let them know, etc, and so I did not appreciate that happening too prematurely in the cycle. Other than that, I have a somewhat negative view of this company after this experience.

Interview Questions
  • How would you gather competitive intelligence on our products?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY) in Apr 2015

Interview

I met with all of the team leads from the various departments that gave me an idea of what my workflow may be in the future. I was able to review my portfolio and the exercise I had completed prior to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What made you interested in Spongecell and how did you hear about us?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The women I spoke to were both very nice, but they are not the most organized. I was told I would hear about whether or not I would be advancing in the interviewing process after my face-to-face and no one ever contacted me to tell me one way or the other.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spongecell (New York, NY) in Oct 2014

Interview

I had a phone screening with HR, which was mostly a review of my work history and why I thought I was the right fit for the role. Then I was assigned a design/production task with a 48 hour turnaround. I never got feedback on the task, but was given an in-person interview the same day I submitted it. The in-person lasted a couple of hours, during which I met with five different people, both managers and peers. Most people approached the interview like a conversation and I was made to feel very comfortable throughout; No curveball questions, no mind games. HR followed up with an offer within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews