Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Southwest Airlines

1,201 Interview Reviews

2.6

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Contractor role, 1st round with hiring manager went really well. 2nd with 6 PM/POs, one of them joined when the interview is about to end. 2nd round is super weird, seems like some people don't want to do this or they were forced to interview me, and the interaction was poor, I don't know what they think about my answer, is not an open dialog. From the questions they asked, I feel like the team may have their own opinion on UX, and seems like one of the PM/PO is doing the UX work, and about 3-5 months without a UX person in the team, which is fine, some companies do things this way, but it may lead to some thinking about if I'm a PM/PO can handle/decide UX work, why we need a UXer here to make UX decisions, we just need an executer? And a lot of questions is how I handle hard things, honestly to me, most of the things are not hard, you tackle problems use HCD, break into chunks. It gives me the impression they may want someone that is not as confident and comfortable as me handling jobs, but a more obedient soldier.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts?
      I handle conflicts all the time, but if an interviewer asks you, usually means the team always has conflicts and it didn't handle well(otherwise it won't have conflicts...)   1 Answer
    • What's the hardest workshop you've attended?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Good. It was not as expected but I decided to keep doing the interview as it was very hard. I would recommend to go over common questions before interviewing here. They need experience

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience as a flight attendant?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and they review their applications from the time they're submitted. I didn't hear back for about a year and a half. They emailed me and requested a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   2 Answers

Interview

It was a length interview process. There was long phone interview at least an hour long unexpected (it was not scheduled) followed by in person interview. Also you had to take a writing test.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anyone who works here?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

A phone screening followed by an in person interview at the Dallas Headquarters. It was fairly straight forward and everyone was very friendly and helped you along with the process.

Interview Questions

• About you questions and why Southwest.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Interview

Applied through University website. Got an email giving me times to sign up for interview. Went in for a very technical 30 minute interview. Didn’t even get my rejection until months later.

Interview Questions

• All the interview was technical   2 Answers

Freight Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with an Hr rep a Freight Agent Supervisor and a guy who started as a Freight Agent but is now in upper management. The interview was about 30 mins very laid back they ask questions but they also give you a lot of info about the job and role you will be playing

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader or a follower?   2 Answers
    • Do you like to work by yourself or part of team?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were in a hectic situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Wasn't too bad all the reviews were accurate so your research on the company. What they are know for and what they stand for. The vision, value, mission, and costomer service.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to work with a team member that was slacking off   2 Answers

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. I had a phone call with the recruiter for screening. If the recruiter thinks that you are what they are looking for, they will fly you to the corporate office at no cost. The face-to-face interview was relaxed and friendly.

Intern Interview

Interview

So far I just did the phone call interview. It's more of a screening call. So it asks basic questions. Make sure you meet the requirements for the post they'll ask and you'll send your transcript later on with rec letters. I have my next interview in person soon.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.