Sky Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Sky

3.1

Digital Marketing Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online assessment, Video interview online assessment, Assessment centre, Face to face interview. It was okay, the first time I have done a recorded video interview, it felt quite unnatural and odd. It is a lot easier to connect with a person than a camera. It didn't feel very personal and made me feel quite anxious. The online assessment was reasoning and mathematical.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario and asked about how I would handle it.   Answer Question

17 Apr 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you had a positive recruitment experience with us, and we hope you'll apply again in future when the opportunity arises. Maybe we'll see you again soon?

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was hosted in a great environment at the sky campus in Osterley. It felt good walking in and been greeted with the sky news studio overhead and just taking in the scenery easily made up for me not getting the job, but I sure will be applying again.

Interview Questions

• A series of role-play sales question with a variety of sky products.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Java Developer Contractor. Two-stage interview:
    1. Simple unattended programming assignment (book library) that should be solved in a TDD way to be completed at your leisure
    2. On-site face to face consisting of two parts:
         - Pair programming assignment to finish the implementation of one simple feature and implement another feature based on the given contract (SkyBank, SkyAccount) - expected time of completion 1h (it would be better if finish it in that time). Note: They used intellij on MacPro with annoying/non-standard key-bindings. Make sure you change them just before the inteview to make it go smoother.
        - 1h conversation with 2 managers testing your agile benefits/practices knowledge and ability to design/architect systems

Interview Questions

Sky Response

21 Feb 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience interviewing with us, and hope you'll apply again soon when another opportunity arises. Thanks, Sky.

Demand Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I reached out to the team via LinkedIn and the HR and hiring manager reached out to me! The first round was with two managers from the team who interviewed me together and gauged my previous work experiences. Second round was an Excel test wrt measurements, analysis of data and understanding the day to day work.

Interview Questions

• What's your management/working style? Where do you see yourself grow with this role?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle tough/sensitive situations/data/people?   Answer Question

20 Mar 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, it's great to hear you had a positive recruitment experience with us! Congratulations on your offer, and we're happy to have you on board.

Senior Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone and two face to face rounds of interviews with legal and non legal personnel. Interested in feedback from key stakeholders the role would support and they joined in the last round.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

22 Jan 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi and thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. We're happy that you had a great recruitment experience with us and can't wait for you to join the team. Welcome!

Technology Rotational Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

After an initial online application, I was then asked to complete two online assessments (first strengths/reasoning then one video interview). After which I was offered an assessment centre where one group task dominated the day with one strengths based interview, with a mini presentation half way through, and a VR assessment.

Interview Questions

Sky Response

7 Feb 2020 – Social Media Specialist

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review - it's great to hear you had a good experience with us! We're happy to have you on board.

Business Strategy Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hounslow, England (UK)

Interview

By far THE WORST process I have ever gone through for the graduate schemes. If any member of Sky has any courtesy, they will reply to this negative review, but judging by the other negative reviews left, and the communications I have left regarding my negative experience, I anticipate no answer again.

Let me start with that I started this process way back in September, Sky has by far the worst email communications, they were so bad that they kept getting marked as spam by my email provider as well (bizarre considering a big company like that should be recognised definitely). Their feedback per stage was very basic and generic, you would be given feedback on very basic performances, no indication on what you really are as a candidate. The professionalism of the recruitment team was by far the worst through this process, especially as they even sent out an email saying they did not receive my video interview! I emailed them instantly saying that I clearly did and that it was uploaded, of course they then told me to ignore this communication and they will get back to me with an update. Regarding a reply like that, I should have realised what level of unprofessional attitude I was dealing with within the Sky hiring team

Fast forward to around December where I passed the video interview, but was awaiting an assessment centre date, towards the end they told me that there was not assessment centre for me (I did not pass?). Very mixed signals and the worst fact, they did not even provide information on why I did not progress to getting an assessment centre date. Every company I have dealt with has always given a candidate feedback at the later stages on why they did not progress if asked, Sky have had no decency to answer my communications regarding this matter, therefore I have come to believe that their team have no clue what they are doing regarding the recruitment process, and that they hire sheep amongst themselves.

During this application process, I was warned by other people that Sky were a terrible company to work for, especially because they just hire countless amounts of interns to fill their roles. I should have listened to these people, because the amount of hassle Sky's recruitment team has caused me is beyond acceptable.

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Filled in application online, at a weekend. Then completed an online multiple choice test, which I passed. Following day I completed a video interview answering questions based on experiences with customers, solving problems etc. A couple days later, I was called and informed I was successful with this and invited me to an assessment day just 6 days later. Assessment day was outstanding, very laid back, sky have a focus on looking out for your personality, be yourself and if you fit what they look for, you will do well. I was told on the day I had passed this and sky would like to employ me subject to passing a medical which I did straight after and passed. However I am now being told there is no availability for the postcodes I have applied for and they shall keep me in their talent pool. So I am now feeling a little disheartened and confused. Do I have a job and if so, will I find out in a month, or 6 months? I really want to do this job and give it my all, however I'm worried I am going to loose the opportunity when I have to start seeking other work I dont need to do.

Home Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Experience day including interview, group exercises, role play etc. Options of AM/PM took roughly 4 hours including a medical if successful. There was 6 of us at this stage but I understand there were due to be more.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy working under pressure to resolve difficult situations?   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky (London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

The first stage was filling in basic CV information. This was followed by various online aptitude and job simulation tests, followed by a coding test. Finally, an in person assessment day at Sky's office in Osterley.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope if you came back from a holiday, and found that your deadlines had been brought forwards giving you less time than you'd planned for?   Answer Question
    • What innovative tech product are you most excited about, and how could that be applied to a job at Sky?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

28 Nov 2019 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad you had a positive experience with us!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.