Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online, followed by recruiter call, followed by interview with hiring manager, followed by technical interview, followed by an assignment to be completed and submitted within 2 days, followed by onsite half day interview with team members. Pretty thorough interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a diifucult stuation you encountered at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Senior Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by an internal recruiter and after a couple weeks was contacted by the recruiter who setup in person interviews at the local office where I met with 2 people in person and 2 over video conferencing. Later I heard from the recruiting manager after a few days that the interviews went well, but the position was filled internally.

Interview Questions

• How would I attach a javascript click handler to a DOM element in raw JavaScript.   Answer Question
    • Explain what the css box-sizing property affects   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in July 2018.

Interview

Gave two phone interviews, one HR and other with a team member which was on basic Android knowledge and app design. The final interview was a video interview but was canceled a few hours before time.

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website. The following week I received an invitation for a phone screen. The questions and process was straight forward - walked them through my resume, talked more about the position, and got familiar about Shutterfly. Second round was a phone interview with hiring manager. Same process, but in more details about the position, team I would be working with, office culture, and what to expect when working there. Third round was on an onsite with 5 members from the team - Director, Senior Merchandising Manager, Merchandising Manager, Associate Merchandising Manager, and Merchandising Assistant. It was 1:1 for the first 2 people and a panel for the final 3 people. Typical interview process of walking through your background and the position/company for the first 2. The panel interview was in more detailed as I would be working with those individuals directly. You will be given card/products to arrange and they will see how you design and create your assortment. They were looking to see if you could address the best selling item, what their customers are looking for during seasonal period, and how much their customers are willing to spend for a specific occasion. After the interview, they called within the week if they passed or would like you to join.

I wasn't really into the company in the beginning, but I applied anyway cause the position seemed promising. However, As I got further into the interview process the more I didn't want the position. The position was more into design/creativity and I was looking more for an analytical/reporting role. I am sure the role would be perfect for someone who was into that, but it wasn't for me. They could probably tell as my answers became more short and direct without elaboration towards the end of my interview process. Everyone was nice and professional. I am sure it would be a great place to work, but the culture/role didn't fit me. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you arrange these products online - colorway, assortment, print, material?   Answer Question
    • What data analysis have you done in the past?   Answer Question
    • Have you built reports in the past in excel from scratch?   Answer Question
    • What kind of company are you looking for?   Answer Question
    • What's your work style in the office - team or individual?   Answer Question
    • How would you critic a designer's work and tell them you did not like it?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was smooth and not so difficult. It was 5 rounds in total. 1- HackerRank challenge 2. HR screening 3. This round has three 45-minutes rounds (all technical rounds) three well experienced members from the team interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function to check if a string is palindrome   Answer Question
    • Basic selenium questions and Page object model approach for automation testing. Few questions on RestAssured and HttpClient   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a 3-step interview process. Interviews were mostly focused on the kind of person you are and how you'd succeed in the desired role instead of your typical questions. Everyone I spoke with shared a little bit about themselves, which made it super easy to talk with them.

Interview Questions

• If you were done performing a task early within your team, what would you do next?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, onsite, 2nd onsite
    I withdrew from the process due to the lack of energy from the team, recruiter was pushy, subpar salary for the job, not a great culture

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process was quick. Got test based on REST and coding question. After that HR interview followed by hiring manager and Onsite interview (two teams+manager). Got result on same day. Pretty good with response time.

Interview Questions

• OOPS concept, Data Structure question, Webservices, DB questions, testing concept, performance testing, different testcases based on scenario given.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed several times by phone, a janitor, a receptionist and some flunky hiring manager probably with a degree in psychology then on site by a panel of people that claim they know what work is. By the time I was interviewed by the "panel" of managers, other peers, I was about 2 months from the date I applied. I somehow got the impression none had the authority to make any decisions, including the guy that introduced himself as the hiring manager grand pubah of manufacturing. After all the interviews and best foot forward act, song and dance, the grand pubah tells me they hadn't hired the guy that I would work for on shift and He would also have to interview me...........WTF?? why did the grand pubah waste his time interviewing me if he didnt have the authority to hire me and wait for a sub level shift supervisor to make this decision? well, the least I can say is it an impressive building, the lady up front was kind and everyone pretended very well to be "somebody" at Shutterfly. I have only to say this about your hiring process, scrap it!!, its bullisht!! No huge corporation I have ever worked for has EVER taken that much time to hire anyone. F THAT!!! I forgot I interviewed with you, I believe you called me back for the other interview but by that time I forgot all about you and went with a company that didnt wear clown shoes.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen by their HR Kara Marcotte and a hackerrank followed by an onsite interview on 5th April. In the hackerrank they asked to develop a simple bootstrap carousel kind of thing using only js and in the onsite interview they asked questions to change/improve a few things in that carousel apart from some behavioural and js realted questions. This was followed by another interview with their project manager on 17th April. After this interview, they went cold, no response yet. They kept saying all the time that were impressed, still considering me for the offer and are doing more interviews. They were supposed to let me know by 14 may at max, and I haven't received any response yet. They stopped responding to my e-mails and kept me in a limbo forever. If you want your peace of mind and have other plans, please forget shutterfly and carry on. They SUCK!

Interview Questions

• What is callback/closure/event propagation, etc.   1 Answer