ServiceNow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at ServiceNow

2.9

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

30 minute phone screen with basic experience questions, 30 minute call with hiring manager, four 30 minute interviews with team members/business partners, a final interview with hiring manager. They literally never followed up — said to expect to hear back in two weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

3-4 rounds of interviews (manager-level in same Business Unit, director, another director, and direct supervisor)

They made me do actual work for them as part of their interview process. I had to do a competitive analysis and find business intelligence on their competitors. They wanted a complete a presentation done. I had to do this twice and I made it to the final round of interviews. In the end, they made up excuses like, "oh our funding for the business unit has recently change" and made gave me false hope about changes in funding that would lead to a hire. Very shady.

Global Programs and Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Someone on the team reached out to me instead of a recruiter(which was weird because normally a recruiter would do so). After the final interviews I got ghosted by the team. Because there was no recruiter, I reached out to the team member and got who opened my email but didn't respond. If I use my time to interview - the minimum courtesy would be to respond to an email.

In hindsight I dodged a bullet here since it showed how they operate. If you interview with Durga Raja Karimpet, I'd urge you to reconsider.

Interview Questions

• Pricing, Excel, Salesforce, Projects, Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

I'm really disappointed with the interview process as ServiceNow. To start there were frequent delays in scheduling the interviews. After initial screening with the manager I was asked for onsite interview. I was given the schedule for the interview only a day before. Then I was asked to attend an interview with the lead at offshore location to which I agreed to attend in my night time.

There were 5 rounds at onsite each 30 mins which is bizarre to say the least as it gives very little time to really understand the interviewer and the thought process on which they are trying to judge. I don't know how the interviewer would make a decision on such a short interaction.

More over the technical questions were all repetitive. In one of the rounds I was asked to share the SQL query but I wasn't allowed to write. Now I'm not sure how anyone could just dictate a tricky SQL query. I tried but apparently failed. Good luck finding a mugger who would be able to meet such expectations.

Overall, I thought the questions were relatively easy but the process made it tough to convey my thoughts. If this is how the company interviews I would recommend everybody to give it a try. One should have such an experience to really appreciate a good interview/interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL Top N analysis (in all technical rounds).
      2. SQL Lead/Lag application (which I tried without using the functions but apparently interviewer just needed the function name)
      3. Mid level join queries.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for the senior software engineer for vulnerability response team. Recruiter was awesome. He gave me all the information about the position. First call was with the recruiter. Second was video and technical screen share with the manager and architect. Manager asked me to give intro, talk about my resume, technical difficulty I faced, question about rest api, difference between put and post. Architect was really rude with me. She asked a design question which she didn’t explained properly. When I asked her to clarify it, she just repeated the same thing and was silent the whole time when I was solving it. After that, when I asked her my questions she was giving just giving one line reply. It felt like she wasn’t in a mood for the interview. Complete waste of time.

Corporate Strategy Associate Interview

Interview

I applied to the position online and got a phone interview within a week. The person I talked to was very nice and informative about the position. However, they needed someone who could start right away, and I was still at school for a few more months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was straight forward with a recruiting manager doing an initial phone screen, followed by speaking with a hiring manager and finally, a panel. The conversations were pleasant and straightforward with topics focusing on skill set and experience. Recruiter was always on top of it.

Product Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

Online application, phone screen, portfolio review. During the portfolio review, a designer and a manager asked some questions regarding the case study. The whole hiring process was a matchmaking process, and not necessarily giving the areas for an intern to grow or choose which team to work with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initial 30 mins HR screen. Then 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After that 5 rounds of onsite interview with 2 senior engineers, 1 architect and 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• Implement a Linked List   Answer Question
    • Given an array [1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 5] and number x, rotate the array such that all occurrences of x are shifted at the end. For example, x = 3, then output should be [1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 3]   Answer Question
    • Implement a Binary Search Tree   Answer Question
    • Design a URL shortner   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ServiceNow.

Interview

The interview process began with call from the hiring manager to discuss about the position followed by a phone screen round with their tech lead. After the phone screen round I was informed the position was temporarily on hold.
    Got a call from the hiring manager for an onsite interview after a month.I had to wait for more than a month to hear back about the onsite interview post which I was informed they would not be moving forward. Since I didnt receive a feedback and I was kept on wait for quite sometime, I do not feel positive about the interview process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.