Scott Logic Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 76 of over 76 interviews

Recruitment Agency14%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Scott Logic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scott Logic

Interview

Applied on Indeed, got a quick reply and was invited to an online assessment centre due to covid, the full event was pleasant and everyone was welcoming and helpful. Took part in a group event then a 1 - 1 with developer where I had to solve a logic question. After this I was invited to a technical interview with 2 developers then some logic questions. The logic question I received was not clear and I struggled to find the final answer because of this.

Interview Questions
  • Permutation question with 3 people wearing hats
    Answer Question
  • String manipulation problem - remove repeated characters from a string.
  • Find the minimum number of times a collection of coins needs to be weighed to find a stack of false coins that weight more than the real coins (question was vague)

Scott Logic

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic in Nov 2021

Interview

You first submit your CV, then if you get selected you get invited to an assessment center if you pass the assessment center you get invited to a final virtual interview

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to solve a logic puzzle about blind people and hats

Scott Logic

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic in Nov 2021

Interview

Very positive interview experience. Applied with a CV and got invited to an assessment centre in Newcastle. The 2 hour event consisted of playing an escape room board game as part of a team with an employee there to give help and a more senior employee taking notes on people. Tjen had a one-to-one interview with a member of staff where I was given a problem and worked through it with the employee. Was invited to an online interview 2 days after where there were more problem solving exercies using coding. They weren't looking at your ability to code, mainly just your ability to solve problems. Enjoyable problems.

Interview Questions
  • Problem where three people have a hat that is either black of white, arranged one behind the other. Can the person at the front confidently say what hat they have
  • You have 9 balls, 8 are identical and 1 is heavier. You have a counterbalance weight. In as few weighs as possible, how can you identify the heavy ball

Scott Logic

Application

I interviewed at Scott Logic

Interview

After submitting my CV and cover letter I was invited to the first of 2 interviews. This was a technical interview with some logic puzzles to work through with the interviewers. I got stuck at times as these puzzles were quite difficult but managed to solve a couple with some pointers from my interviewers. I was later told that my response to feedback and ability to take pointers was a big positive as opposed to simply being able to solve them straight away. I was later invited back for a second interview. This was another technical interview with even more logic puzzles, followed by a coding challenge and finally a HR interview. The coding challenge consisted of 4 tasks, to be coded in your language of choice, without Internet access but with reference and documentation. I was not able to complete all the tasks but was able to talk through my answers afterwards and explain what I would have done if I finished in time. The HR interview was just some simple questions going over my CV and talking about experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

Two sessions First was a simple programming problem (around calculating n-size average in an array), a class design problem (constructing a filter object) and a logical problem (divers - both this and the latter have been mentioned in other reviews) Second was a similar design problem and logical problem, plus some more general behavioural questions. Interviewers were nice people, I didn't find the process too difficult/stressful and feedback was very swift / detailed. I was made and ultimately turned down an offer for personal reasons (i.e. not worth going into here, but not driven by interactions with the business).

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle upon Tyne, England)

Interview

Two stages, all fun with riddles and coding questions. Requires preparation otherwise they might seem difficult. All very nice people, overall a great experience. Open to talk about career and everything

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle upon Tyne, England)

Interview

Apologies for this needs to be highlighted. Contacted by recruitment company who sold me the role at Scott Logic. (Summer of 2015) It sounded right up my street, so gave her the go-ahead to send my CV to the company. Was informed the Head of Development wanted to have a 30mins meeting with me to find out what I wanted in the role prior to putting me on the official interview process. Attended the meeting which turned out to be slightly less than 30mins. He seemed courteous and was friendly in asking about my past experiences in software development, what my predominant tech stack was and whether I would be happy with open-sourced tech as the company is a consultancy firm. I mentioned my very brief open-sourced experience in LAMP stack as I had always been on the Microsoft stack for the most part of my career. But would be more than happy to learn any open-sourced tech if the role required it as proven frommy brief Python role previously. Brief meeting ended very pleasantly with him saying he'll let the recruiter know what the next steps are and I shall be informed. Recruiter rang me that very afternoon to say the guy I met felt that I was too open-sourced for the .NET role and that he would not put me forward to proceed with the official interview process. Very puzzling especially since my CV had only a brief 7 months of open-sourced experience and until that, a good 9 years of being a C# .NET developer. He apparently also said he did not think I would be the "right fit for the company" but had not explained further on that. Anything to do with race/gender? I will never know!

Interview Questions
  • Would you consider learning open-sourced technologies since you have predominantly been a .NET developer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Interview

Interviewers arrived about 10 minutes late, before ushering me into a meeting room where they stumbled over several programming questions for about an hour. They had a lot of trouble really explaining their questions, i'm not sure if it was down to a lack of understanding or just social awkwardness.

Interview Questions
  • Riddle with scuba divers where multiple people had to share one tank of oxygen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Bristol, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Via Microsoft Teams due to current restrictions. Quite informal. A short introduction followed by three problem solving tasks: coding; system design and the divers noted in other reviews here. Was booked for 90 minutes which wasn't enough for me to complete all 3 (the detail and point of the system design question wasn't great).

Interview Questions
  • Use code to solve a problem; required logical thinking too.
  • Rescuing drivers with limited air supply.
  • High level design of components in a system. This task wasn't well defined or clear.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Interview

Overall a very disorganised process. Soon after applying, I was invited for an interview as well as for a pre-interview chat. After sending my availability, I received another email confirming the date and time of my interview, but I never heard anything more about the pre-interview chat. The first interview was with 2 graduate engineers and just about my CV and some problem solving questions. After the first interview, I was quickly contacted and invited for a second interview. I was also offered a phone chat for feedback. But again, this phone chat was never arranged, even after I followed up by email and text. I thus felt I was at a disadvantage for the second interview, not having received any feedback from the first. The second interview was very similar to the first but with more senior engineers. I was told that I should hear within a week otherwise I should contact them. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I sent an email chasing up my application. The guy handling my application replied soon after again asking for a phone chat, but once again this never happened, even after sending 3 follow up emails to which I received no response. Finally, they said they were working through the applications and I would hear back that week, but of course I heard nothing again. 2 months after my second interview, I got in touch with somebody else at the company, and a few days after that was finally told that I had been unsuccessful. They claim I made a good application but they had such a huge volume of applicants, but I find this hard to believe as the job advert has remained open and accepting new applicants for months. I was offered a phone chat for feedback, which I accepted, but no surprise that this was never arranged for me.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Interviews