Sanofi Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Sanofi Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Sanofi

3.2

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with 12 different people throughout the day (Including the hiring manager, the his boss, and his boss's boss, the hiring manager's directs, associates from other clusters that the position would interact with), with 30 minute meetings til lunch, a seminar, and then 30 minute meetings after. I had the opportunity to tour the facilities.

Interview Questions

• Most of this interview was very casual and more like a conversation. A few people just asked me to explain what the positions I held actually did. Basic questions included: What do you like to do outside of work? How do you start your day? Do you understand the expectations of the position?

What range of pay are you looking for?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sanofi

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sanofi (Framingham, MA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring manager from the scientific team and an in person interview. During the phone interview I described my background and training. During the in person interview I gave a presentation and met with seven people.

I will say that my background experience was a perfect match for this job and I did not receive an offer. This terrified me and afterwards I re-evaluated my entire interviewing strategy. I did several mock interviews with friends and made sure from there on out I would make each interview with each person count. (Practice typical questions, give examples (i.e. STAR format), and ask questions if no one else speaks. This worked for my next interview with another company and I got that job.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swiftwater, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Sanofi (Swiftwater, PA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview lasted 30 minutes
    Schedule of onsite interview followed two weeks later
    After planning for onsite interview, company has to reschedule as they ran out of travel budget
    Communication for reschedule took 2 months
    During interview, panel of senior scientists and managers conducted 1.5 hrs behavior interview
    Lunch was cheap from company cafeteria (should have been the sign that they don't offer competitive bonus)

Interview Questions

• Behavior question on how to deal with non-cooperating co-workers (another sign that many are not willing to support each other)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing. I negotiated salary but did not get anything more than the initial offer. my advice is not to be excited when you get an offer and to be willing to say no even if you don't

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi (Framingham, MA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Totally different than when I was hired

Negotiation

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

1 hour long
    25-30 questions
    half technical
    half are soft skills, behaviour questions
    friendly and professional interviewers
    did not include a tour
    interviewers write down everything interviewee said
    dress casually
    not sure how long it takes to make hiring decision

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sanofi (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

An HR staff emailed me to schedule a phone interview that was to be conducted by another Sanofi senior recruiter. I responded within an hour to confirm my availability, phone number and ask for a different time that was just 30 mins later than the time suggested. HR emailed back the day of, just 3 hours before to confirm the time and interview. Interview time came and I received no phone call. They stood me up for the phone interview! Emailed HR person back after 20 mins to check if they are running late, and I gave them my phone number again. No reply. After an hour I wrote to HR again saying I had to return to work and would like to reschedule the interview. No reply. I called and left a message the next day. Later that night I finally got a response from HR saying that there was a glitch in their application tracking system and that the manager hadn't forwarded the right application. They also said they wouldn't be considering my application at this time. Even though I got an apology in the end, I feel like their choosing to stand me up and ignore me for over 30 hours was very rude and unprofessional. They could have at least cancelled the interview last minute instead of wasting my time.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sanofi in October 2009.

Interview

After meeting with a HR person, gave a presentation and followed by one to one interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.