Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8,232 of over 8,232.0 interviews

Recruiter15%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Salesforce

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

I applied for an internal communications role at Salesforce, and this was definitely one of the most upsetting interview experiences I've ever had. The irony is that this role sat on their Equality (DEI) team; as a candidate, I couldn't have felt more devalued and disrespected...two things (among many) that a culture that is truly committed to ensuring others feel safe, seen, and valued would actively work against. The interview process was highly disorganized and lacked transparency (which the recruiter unprofessionally blamed on the hiring manager): 1. First, I was contacted by a diversity recruiter to schedule a phone interview. *I identify as BIPOC, which I presume is why I was contacted by a diversity recruiter* 2. The next day, the recruiter emails me to push back the interview time because the time slot *she proposed, I accepted, and she confirmed* got double-booked. A little strange but not a big deal at the time, so I agreed. Along with scheduling this initial phone interview, the recruiter asked me to complete a writing assessment - a minimum 700-word blog article PLUS a deck slide summarizing the blog. This felt like a big ask for such early stages of the process, but I obliged because I was really interested in the role, Equality team, and Salesforce as an organization. THE SAME DAY, 7 hours later - the recruiter emails me again, this time to CANCEL my phone interview, citing that "I just got an update from the hiring manager and she plans to review all of the writing assignments and will then decide who she would like to move forward with. I'll circle back regarding next steps." So no interview, but still wants me to complete the assignment first before they know anything else about me and vice versa. Again, an extensive writing assignment (which took me 8+ hours because it required research + design) without so much as an initial screen seems like a lot to ask of applicants, but as a job seeker, you're often unfairly put in positions where you can either choose between integrity and principle OR doing whatever you need to do to get the job. And all of this is happening during the global pandemic, so needless to say... I needed a job. So despite being highly annoyed at this point, I said "sure, no problem!" and proceeded to waste time on the assignment. 3. I say "waste" time because that is exactly what happened. The recruiter gave me two days to complete the exercise, and let's say the due date was on a Wednesday. I submitted the assignment on Wednesday and on Thursday (YES THE VERY NEXT DAY!!!), I was told that the hiring manager extended an offer to a finalist. I WAS FLOORED. They were *clearly* in final interview stages with candidates when they initially reached out to me and asked me to engage in an extensive process, yet rather than being transparent about that, the company would rather waste my time (and likely that of many other candidates). When I challenged the recruiter about what happened, she simply blamed it on the hiring manager being wishy-washy and disorganized. And while that may be true, it's *very unacceptable* - just because you're a hiring authority, you don't get to be inconsiderate and disrespectful towards prospective employees. Remember, recruiters and hiring managers, you were once a job seeker. And you likely will be again in the future. Definitely NOT a place I'd want to work for if that's how you treat people - a frustrating experience for sure, but you absolutely did me a favor.

Interview Questions
  • N/A - I did not make it to the initial interview round. See above.
    2 Answers
95 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bangalore)

Interview

Very very poor recruitment process. India HR/ Recruiting coordinator will not respond to call, messages or email even after repeated attempts. Heard SF is a top company per glassdoor reviews but had an opposite experience. The sad part is these people come to you asking if you are interested for the role and later turn blind-eye on any communication/ follow-up's post the interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

The core interview process consists of: - Screening call w recruiter -1 hr 1:1 w hiring manager -1 hr 1:1 w VP (hiring manager's boss) -1 hr presentation for cross functional team + hiring manger (30 min presentation, 30 min Q&A) -30 min 1:1 with each person from the presentation The presentation prompt is on a product or feature that you have worked on from inception through delivery. Describe the challenge, how you solved it, what you could have done better, etc. You should chose a product that you have worked on that is relevant to the role but also one that is a good representation of the way you work. The presentation was given to 6 people, consisting of engineers, product managers and ux designers. The make up of this team will vary based on the role. This format is consistent across teams, but the level of difficulty and specific questions will likely vary based on the role and/or team. The 1:1s with the team members are meant to be driven by the candidate. They are evaluating you based on the questions you ask and how you continue the conversation based on their responses. The presentation should show you are qualified, the 1:1s should give them an idea of what it is like to work with you. If things are going well, these conversations will feel more like the type of meetings you would have in your first week in the job more than job interviews. Make an effort to have a strong relationship with your HR recruiter. I interviewed for 3 roles over the course of 4 months before finally getting an offer for the 3rd one. Each time, the process was identical to what I laid out above (with the exception of the screening). I made it to the final round each time, but either an internal person or someone more qualified got the offer for the first 2 positions. I kept getting interviews because the recruiter was convinced the only reason I didn't get the offer was circumstantial and kept encouraging me to apply to other openings. Eventually it worked out. Unlike some companies I think they like persistence even if they turn you down because it shows you are really interested in working for Salesforce.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Salesforce?
  • What is making you look for a new role?
  • What aspect of software development are you most interested in?
  • What motivates you to go to work when work is tough?
  • Explain something to me that you understand really well (unrelated to your work).
  • Tell me about your relationship with Engineering: what do you like most about working with Engineers? How do you handle disagreements/conflicts between yourself and engineering? Using an example if possible.
  • What is your technical experience?
  • Tell me about a time where you made a decision and it turned out to be wrong. How did you handle it?
  • How would you communicate to a stakeholder that the feature/work they are expecting will not be prioritized?
  • Lots of hypothetical situations: how would you handle...?
  • More technical questions tailored to the specific product/role. The more you can learn about the product and target market the better. Luckily there is a lot online about SF products.
4 people found this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

A panel interview with members of the sales team. Everybody was very welcoming and friendly. Questions given were useful, open ended and related to the job. An internal recruiter helped guide through every step and provided ample advice. Gave the impression of a very positive work environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Amazing and structured interview with everyone on the same page. The entire team carries their values right through the process and you are left feeling wanted. The process is quick and the onboarding is fast

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

3 rounds, 2 technical and 1 HR, all were conducted online. The interview process took place within a day. 2 technical rounds were of medium to hard difficulty and HR round was technical cum HR.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

the Interview was good and they had the idea of an ideal candidate which they were looking for, it went simple, the interview went on for 45 min straight. and asked the question reg the job applied for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Screening interview and recruiter wanted to reach out to hiring manager/ never heard back after Recruiter completely ghosted. Must have someone refer you internally to ensure a look . Maybe a one off experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

The whole process was very transparent and pleasant. I was informed in advance about each step and what it will be include. I received full feedback when I eventually didn't get through the next step.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Salesforce

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce

Interview

Easy to navigate with help from the recruiter. There were 3 interviews (one recruiter call, one with hiring manager, one with panel team). The process took around a month to go through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 8,232 Interviews

Salesforce Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Salesforce as 85.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.26 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Business Development Associate and Sales Development Representative rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Business Development Representative and Account Executive roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Salesforce takes an average of 36 days when considering 482 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Business Development Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Business Development Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 60 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Salesforce according to 482 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.25%