STMicroelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

STMicroelectronics Interview Questions

Interviews at STMicroelectronics

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment. The process was a technical test followed by interview. I did not clear the technical aptitude test, I guess.This was a campus recruitment.

Interview Questions

• Some aptitude question I dont remember. It was a technical test full of all kinds of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Fort Worth, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online, I got an email saying they want to schedule phone interview. I did a phone interview and I never heard back. I sent couple of follow up emails and never heard back.

Senior Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tunis, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Tunis, MI (US)).

Interview

just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer, just send CV via internet, Senior Verification Engineer,

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

contacted by phone, fixed appointment two weeks later. Two interviews overall. Plus HR offer and negotiation.

Interview Questions

• describe your marketing experience overall in terms of exposure, products   1 Answer
    • which is your knowledge on microcontrollers   1 Answer

better salary elsewhere

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

Sent a CV through e-mail. Called for the interview by telephone. Got two interviews, one with HR, the second with senior engineers. The latter has been done using multiple-choice questions as well as face-to-face question and answer session.

Interview Questions

• I've been asked about
      - accumulators and FIR filters: what they are and how to size them;
      - optimization algorithms;
      - timing equation for setup check.   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

Full day of interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in a 747   2 Answers

Not enough money.

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

internal - very easy

Interview Questions

• there wasn't one, I was basically handed the position because the previous position I held was being eliminated, so I was able to get into another one without an interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't one.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

The hiring is usually done through a collective selection/interview. People are friendly and try to make the situation agreeable for the candidate. No trap, honnest questions and expecting honnest answers. The company has excellent cultural values and that is reflected also during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics in November 2007.

Interview

Good. Hiring manager posed some technical question to test basic understanding and ability to analyze circuits - asked me to explain how to design a mixer circuit. Interviewed with four more engineers who asked questions from various areas i.e. circuits, systems, process, device etc. Interviewers appeared relaxed and friendly. Overall, able to answer most questions.

Interview Questions

• How to design bias circuit for Gilbert Cell mixer circuit   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was college recruited. The process contains 50 question written exam followed by technical and HR interview.
    After I cleared the written exam , with good score, in techincal interview I told them clearly that I am not very much comfortable in analog domain. They usually asked me the question which went wrong in written paper. The question were mostly related to RC circuits, VLSI digital design and few control system . the question were mostly to test your basic understanding of deisgn. I believe good MOS understanding should be there.

Interview Questions

• related to analog design which make me a bit uncomfortable   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation as it was my first job and college placement

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.